Fixtutes

missi03

There is a long list of issues with fixtures; midweek matches need to be between teams close to each other, cup ties, clubs asking for free weeks with 2 weeks notice, some pitches not available at the start of the season, clubs asking for home or away fixtures depending on circumstances. And all with a new Match Secretary.

I'm not sure what the issue is, teams play each other twice / three times in the league each season so does it matter if they're evenly spread out or 3 weeks apart?

Whilst appreciating games close together in the league againt the same team at the start of the season is not ideal people have to realise that the guys who arrange the matches for the leagues have a poisoned chalice. You can never keep everyone happy and when something isn't quite to a teams' liking or they make a mistake it's like they have a personal vandetta against that team. Some people should who moan should volunteer, like all league Match Secs do, and see how it is for a season.

What difference does it make? I get the gourock guys issues when its financial but what's the big deal playing someone twice in 5 weeks? The Premiership usually do it either side of New Year.

Might be 20 and 26 games in but still twice in 5/6 week period.

If that's the only issues worth moaning about them fair play to the match sec, IMO .

1 hour ago, CrosshouseWav said:

Games against clubs close together? We played coylton mid week, the furthest team away from us but yet that same midweek minishant had no game. Also Glenburn had no listed fixture one midweek? Couldn't find a team close to them? Wallacetoun?

Glenburns premier. Wallacetoun 1st division. That might explain that one. Unless your talking about a cup game.

Pretty sure the gourock guy will have a good run of home fixtures that will even out the run of away fixtures that they have had , would much rather be getting games out the way early even if they are away from home means less likely of a fixture backlog in say February or March. Match secretary's can never win , as posted above if you can do a better job by all means volunteer and take the grief that comes along with it.

Graham3179 can't agree with your views this never happened in my playing days and they had midweek fixtures cup ties teams asking for free week but match secretary never had teams playing each other twice as early as it happens now might it not be match secretary is not making to good a job of it surely it's not rocket science you could play a league against a team is space of 2 weeks play them in reverse fixture and might be drawn in 2 local cup ties 4 times in a short period of time cup draws are unavoidable but league fixtures can be avoided surely? ???

Graham3179 can't agree with your views this never happened in my playing days and they had midweek fixtures cup ties teams asking for free week but match secretary never had teams playing each other twice as early as it happens now might it not be match secretary is not making to good a job of it surely it's not rocket science you could play a league against a team is space of 2 weeks play them in reverse fixture and might be drawn in 2 local cup ties 4 times in a short period of time cup draws are unavoidable but league fixtures can be avoided surely? ???

I do kinda agree and with a little more experience maybe he will be able to avoid it In Future, I stand by what I said tho, what's the big deal, does it make much of a difference? If at the end of the season that's the only issue with a brand new match sec then its been a very successful transition. IMO ofcourse!

Let's agree to disagree then. It happened in my playing days, including with experienced Match Secretaries.

Clubs getting free weeks with 2 weeks notice has impacted, particularly the number of teams not playing this week and probably next for the races.

Like I said, still don't see why it's an issue.

Where's the rest o the experienced aafa members to point him in the right direction ?? U don't get it does it happen in other leagues fae junior down to boys club don't think it does so him being brand new why does that stop him seeing o those 2 teams only played a league fixture 2 weeks ago so change it before the fixtures are send out ? IMO that is

53 minutes ago, Graham3179 said:

Let's agree to disagree then. It happened in my playing days, including with experienced Match Secretaries.

Clubs getting free weeks with 2 weeks notice has impacted, particularly the number of teams not playing this week and probably next for the races.

Like I said, still don't see why it's an issue.

Is there a larger number of teams wanting free weeks this week due to the OF? And If so would the aafa consider having a free week across the board when the OF meet on a Saturday with all teams not scheduled to play and give teams the option to opt in to play and maybe that would make it easier for the match secretary? 

As as for the playing each other twice in the space of a few weeks .... It's shouldn't matter at all , teams have to play each other twice a season so when it is doesn't affect a thing , the guy complaining about the match secretary situation should put himself in the other guys shoes , tough job while not getting paid at it and don't get a thanks off anyone 

Must be a younger man than me canny member match secretary's first name sure second was Philips don't remember it happening then or even before his spell but as you say agree to disagree it's all about opinions at the end of the day (would still like aafa to tell us there reasons why this happens )

Must be a younger man than me canny member match secretary's first name sure second was Philips don't remember it happening then or even before his spell but as you say agree to disagree it's all about opinions at the end of the day (would still like aafa to tell us there reasons why this happens )

It happened to my team earlier in the season - cup ties meant there were only 6 teams available for league fixtures, 2 of them had free weeks so we only had 3 possible teams to play against, and we had already played all 3!

Playing one of them is the better option than having no game at all.

Think it was Jim Philips, that was before my time!

Archived