Motherwell vs Hamilton Academical - 17th September 2016

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All in all a great three points. We absolutely blew Accies out the water in the first twenty minutes which was tremendous to see. Disappointed we then took the foot off the gas and let them back in it but credit to us we stepped things up again at the start of the second before letting up again. Moult was absolutely unplayable and showed exactly what we've been missing so far this season, which makes the decision to hook him off with 20 minutes to go all the more baffling and infuriating. I'm sure Moult wasn't too chuffed either.

As it ended it was much tighter than it should have been but it was enjoyable seeing off the Accies upstarts like that.

9 minutes ago, MJC said:

which makes the decision to hook him off with 20 minutes to go all the more baffling and infuriating. I'm sure Moult wasn't too chuffed either.

Right decision, I thought. Accies kept getting closer to kicking him, rather get him off and sat down than have a hole in his leg. 

An emphatic scoreline but a game that always felt tight after Hamilton made it 3-1 and 3-2.
Moult was obviously the star man but Cadden had another excellent match.Its good to come back from a match where everyone got pass marks.
Ali Crawford yet again turned in a performance against us and leaves a lot of us wondering why he's never had a move.

Collum was Collum as usual. The mans never happy playing second fiddle to the actual match.

First 25 minutes was tremendous stuff and a real throwback to McGhee's first Motherwell team in 07/08. However, after the third we seemed to sit back and that allowed Hamilton into the game and they were perhaps unlucky to only get one before half time.

The penalty early doors in the second half was pleasing to give us that cushion again, but the same tension and nerves crept in again after it went 4-2 . Overall, an enjoyable afternoon and great to get the three points.

I'd said in previous match threads about how we had missed Louis Moult. By f**k it's great to have him back. He was fucked after 60 minutes so I understand why he was taken off.

I was impressed with Bowman as well. I thought he linked up well and looked good in the air. I can only see him getting better in a Motherwell shirt. Cadden excellent once again, and Clay impressed me in the middle of the park, even if he dipped in the second half.

On the other side, Crawford once again impressed me and I'll echo what others have said in being given surprised he's not made a move to a higher level. Dougie Imrie, volleying a ball full force into a crowd of people, in an area where many kids are sat, sums that absolute cretin up. Get it up ye ya smelly stiggy c**t!

Given that it was moults first start after a groin operation, I'll not criticise the manager for taking moult off.
Bowman was blowing out his arse aswell though after an hour which contributed to us not being able to keep the ball.
Incidentally a wee question for the accies fans - how has ali Crawford not got a move to England yet?
Does he raise his game against us as every time I see him he has a great game and usually always scores?

Will take that. Absolutely superb start, totally fell away in both halves. Both Moult and Cadden were outstanding. Thought Bowman had a very good start but faded.

Can't help but echo mjw re: Crawford. Thought he was running the show for Accies, though we did our best to just cede possession in the middle of the park.

Thing is with Crawford, he has some great games and a good few average ones too. I'm one of his fans, others on here would say he disappears - I dont think thats fair, but he definitely doesnt hit the peaks often enough to be spoken of in the same way as McCarthy, MacArthur or even Easton

26 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Right decision, I thought. Accies kept getting closer to kicking him, rather get him off and sat down than have a hole in his leg. 

They were nowhere near him all throughout the match, despite their brutal 'tactics' imo. He absolutely had them toasted and would have bagged at least two more had we kept him on and not chucked it at 4-1.

Everyone asking why Crawford hasn't got a move yet, they games are only one in every 6. He's anonymous normally. Notice our only win of the season came without him.

We only see him up close when our teams meet so we don't get the full picture. He does seem to love a match against us though.

That's the first time I've seen or heard of a Motherwell player scoring four goals in a match. What a man Louis Moult is!

I'd take Crawford at Fir Park . He always seems to up his game against us.

Very decent game and we could have thrown it away after that whirlwind start had Accies taken their chances.

An absolute whirlwind first quarter from us and Louis Moult in particular, very similar to McGhee's first season in charge during his first spell, blow the opposition away early doors then take the foot off the gas, which we've sadly done, gifted them a goal and a way back into things.

i expect this game to either finish 3-1, 3-2 or 3-3 now as I don't see us scoring again but I reckon we'll concede.

f**k the f**k off

Criminal defending - how does Canning not see we need actual full backs to play RB & LB?

We looked better going 352 but Longridge & Lyon/Imrie aren't wing backs.

McMann is fit again, he should start at LB next week with Gills moving to RB as we have no one else as Reilly is injured.

Both defences pretty awful overall but as Motherwell have a clinical finisher in Moult they ran out easy winners.

Archived