Greenock Morton v Dunfermline Athletic 17/09/16

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paraphrasing - disappointed to hear foul language directed at players and management at Ayr. Fans calling for Duffy to go is 'a ridiculous suggestion' as he's 'worked wonders' in his time at the club. He hopes the fans doing so 'amend their ways' or he'd rather they don't come back to Cappielow.

We should be feeling positive for the first time after a league game this season, yet the chairman has once again decided to create negativity by having a go at the support who have tolerated his arrogance and incompetence for too long.

Obviously getting the win today takes a bit of pressure off Duffy and gives him some time to prove he can pull us clear of the relegation battle, but perhaps Dougie Rae can explain why it would have been 'ridiculous' to sack Duffy for taking 3 points from 5 games when he's the very man who sacked Davie Irons for taking 3 points from 6 games? Is he a hypocrite, or is he just looking for any old stick to beat fans with when he fancies deflecting from his own incompetence for the Nth time?

Not just him but snakes like O'Ware are now building up this ludicrous siege mentality. So when the team now actually wins a game they have a go at the fans; when they lose then the fans hound the team deservedly. Which is of course a healthy, mutually loathing relationship to have at a football club over the long-term.

This wasn't the case in Duffy's previous two years - he's now played the snake card first used by Jim McInallly as his last ditch gamble.

58 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Genuinely interested; why did Dunfermline get rid of Falkingham only to replace him with his back up from last season? 

One of a number of questionable playing squad decisions made over the summer. Apparently McCabe is this amazing footballer that is waiting to burst out from within. He's an utter melt I'd rather have Josh in that team any day and said as much when he was released.

Almost word for word the situation at Accies.

It's almost comforting to read that another team is in the same position.

It was first introduced by Jim McInally while failing at us with snakes like Scott Mclaughlin a few years ago; it's really disappointing though to see a former club captain embrace the tactic. Jim Duffy played in a Morton team that got relegated from the top flight conceding 100 goals - in front of a fanbase in the middle of the shipyard folding 1980s - and is now enabling a bunch of mercenaries to cry about their treatment by fanbase now.

The team-fanbase relationship was a major positive of Duffy's first two seasons at the club, which he has chucked under a bus to buy him some time.

4 hours ago, Scosha said:

Good old Tam O'Ware taking a dig at the fans on Twitter. He can get in the sea.

Well it was noted when the teams came out he didnt applaud the fans same at the end very poor effort tbh. He should move on If tam and the team feel hard done by tough only results will change things today was a step in the right direction but one win wont please eveyone.

There was a small group of fans at the game last week that probably annoyed quite a few people (including other Morton fans btw), and folk like O'Ware and Dougie have let themselves get overly annoyed by it. Their criticisms were over the top rather than completely uncalled, and mostly aimed at Duffy. If they're expecting fans not to criticise players though, they're crazy. Let's face it, we all respond to Oliver at times the same was as Jai did when he missed that chance early on. Fans get frustrated, other players get frustrated, we all get frustrated.

One of the major complaints last week was Jai being sick out on the wing - it's clear this week why that complaint was made so vocal. Players and managers should be able to accept that fans have criticisms. At the same time, there will always be fans who go over the top with the manner of their criticisms (but they're also some of the most loyal fans we have, and clearly want us to succeed). 

1774 was announced over the tannoy, probs about 100 pars fans

Guesstimation though, I didnae count them all

lol wut

Dunfermline shouldn't have had the WDE opened for them but they brought 400 or so. Which should have been accomodated in their routine, seething position in the main stand.

There was a small group of fans at the game last week that probably annoyed quite a few people (including other Morton fans btw), and folk like O'Ware and Dougie have let themselves get overly annoyed by it. Their criticisms were over the top rather than completely uncalled, and mostly aimed at Duffy. If they're expecting fans not to criticise players though, they're crazy. Let's face it, we all respond to Oliver at times the same was as Jai did when he missed that chance early on. Fans get frustrated, other players get frustrated, we all get frustrated.

One of the major complaints last week was Jai being sick out on the wing - it's clear this week why that complaint was made so vocal. Players and managers should be able to accept that fans have criticisms. At the same time, there will always be fans who go over the top with the manner of their criticisms (but they're also some of the most loyal fans we have, and clearly want us to succeed). 

A lot of weasel words there for a point that you never actually justified. 'Probably annoyed' which fans, specifically? Comfortably half of the away support booed them well before the end of last week's shambles. 'Over the top' comments: based on what verified statement made? The vast majority of comments made last week were targeted at Jim Duffy's competence - which is an entirely legitimate issue.

Tam O'Ware and his fluffers portrayed it as a sectarian outrage and you clearly swallowed it hook, line and sinker. Gutted for you.

lol wut

Dunfermline shouldn't have had the WDE opened for them but they brought 400 or so. Which should have been accomodated in their routine, seething position in the main stand.

There were not 300 Dunfermline fans there...

400 then?

We'd had two big support away this season so it seemed they vastly overestimated how much wed bring.

Duffy, Rae, O'Ware et al deserved every bit of the stick they got. They can't expect fans not to give their thoughts.

Re the chairman's statement in the programme it looks as though Jim is going to have to go some to get sacked. Today's game doesn't change the fact he is a tactically naive mess

10 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

A lot of weasel words there for a point that you never actually justified. 'Probably annoyed' which fans, specifically? Comfortably half of the away support booed them well before the end of last week's shambles. 'Over the top' comments: based on what verified statement made? The vast majority of comments made last week were targeted at Jim Duffy's competence - which is an entirely legitimate issue.

Tam O'Ware and his fluffers portrayed it as a sectarian outrage and you clearly swallowed it hook, line and sinker. Gutted for you.

I didn't mention anything to do with sectarian stuff. I didn't hear anything like that last week. I'm not sure why you're bringing that up tbh. I said they probably annoyed quite a few fans, meaning that they definitely annoyed some, including those around me who moved to get away from the group in question. I booed last week's mess of a performance, I have no problem with that whatsoever. I also said that many of the criticisms were relevant, especially those which criticised Duffy's decision making. There was a group of fans, however, which got carried away with their criticism (I'm guessing because of how much they hate Duffy as Morton manager). The time to go chants, with that level of fervour, were premature. Sarcastically cheering Oliver being subbed wasn't necessary at all (despite how frustrating his performance was). If they weren't intending on winding up the players, management, etc., then they were going about things the wrong way. 

Again, I have no problem with with criticising players and booing poor performances. I think O'Ware and Rae's comments/reactions this week have been more than a bit moronic. I can understand, however, why they were wound up by a small group of fans who were overly fervent in the way they went about their criticisms (note again that I'm talking about the manner of their criticisms rather than the content - although the constant calls for Forbes to be subbed were crazy, apart from anything else we have no-one in the squad to replace him with). 

It's an utter farce we got pumped by Morton who are admitting their best player is Forbes.

Morton would bite your hand off for Higgy, Cardle or Nicky Clarke. They were on their knees and played a comedy lineup and still horsed us. You have to point the finger at management or lack of.

Duffy must be wondering how he had it so easy today. A seemingly clueless manager with a depleted squad, arguing with their own fans, with zero options on the bench never had to work too hard. 

Joke.

Archived