Greenock Morton v Dunfermline Athletic 17/09/16

4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Genuinely interested; why did Dunfermline get rid of Falkingham only to replace him with his back up from last season? 

If you can find an answer to that question, please let me know.

A truly miserable run of form we're in at the moment. Five straight league defeats is unacceptable in any league and AJ needs to get this sorted pronto.I was worried after the Raith game at how easily we folded against average opposition and it's been the same thing every week since. We have good players but we're very weak at the back, weak mentally and the manager doesn't know his best team.

I never considered us serious play-off contenders this season but also thought we'd be nowhere near the bottom. We're going to be in a relegation scrap at best if things don't improve quickly. AJ shouldn't be sacked just now but any good will he had from last season is dribbling away. St Mirren and Ayr games are must win games and it really doesn't look likely at the moment. 

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't mention anything to do with sectarian stuff. I didn't hear anything like that last week. I'm not sure why you're bringing that up tbh. I said they probably annoyed quite a few fans, meaning that they definitely annoyed some, including those around me who moved to get away from the group in question. I booed last week's mess of a performance, I have no problem with that whatsoever. I also said that many of the criticisms were relevant, especially those which criticised Duffy's decision making. There was a group of fans, however, which got carried away with their criticism (I'm guessing because of how much they hate Duffy as Morton manager). The time to go chants, with that level of fervour, were premature. Sarcastically cheering Oliver being subbed wasn't necessary at all (despite how frustrating his performance was). If they weren't intending on winding up the players, management, etc., then they were going about things the wrong way. 

Again, I have no problem with with criticising players and booing poor performances. I think O'Ware and Rae's comments/reactions this week have been more than a bit moronic. I can understand, however, why they were wound up by a small group of fans who were overly fervent in the way they went about their criticisms (note again that I'm talking about the manner of their criticisms rather than the content - although the constant calls for Forbes to be subbed were crazy, apart from anything else we have no-one in the squad to replace him with). 

Erm no. Rae had an entire week to climb down from publishing his tear-stained breakdown in the programme, yet it was put out there anyway. O'Ware had his breakdown last week, and yet tonight after the game tried to give it the big licks on Twitter, when the first team won their first league game in six attempts.That's quite clearly not a 'reaction' to [undefined] "overly fervent criticism" - that's just an utterly tragic, siege mentality kicking in.

It's an utter farce we got pumped by Morton who are admitting their best player is Forbes.

Morton would bite your hand off for Higgy, Cardle or Nicky Clarke. They were on their knees and played a comedy lineup and still horsed us. You have to point the finger at management or lack of.

Duffy must be wondering how he had it so easy today. A seemingly clueless manager with a depleted squad, arguing with their own fans, with zero options on the bench never had to work too hard. 

Joke.

lol wut

Our best player is Lee 'Bonucci' Kilday. Who didn't even play half an hour of the match today due to injury, yet still effortlessly directed your swording.

Ross Forbes is not even close to being our best player; while utter dross like Kallum Higginbotham and Nicky Clarke couldn't challenge Jai Quotingo's impact in the same position. And absolutely nobody rates a useless sand-dancer like Joe Cardle, other than thick, Fife bumpkins like yourself.

Other than committing all of those basic logical errors, it's truly a wonder that The Famous have had your rabble in our back pocket every single time.

1474163593729.jpg

9 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

lol wut

Our best player is Lee 'Bonucci' Kilday. Who didn't even play half an hour of the match today due to injury, yet still effortlessly directed your swording.

Ross Forbes is not even close to being our best player; while utter dross like Kallum Higginbotham and Nicky Clarke couldn't challenge Jai Quotingo's impact in the same position. And absolutely nobody rates a useless sand-dancer like Joe Cardle, other than thick, Fife bumpkins like yourself.

Other than committing all of those basic flaws, it's truly a wonder that The Famous have had your rabble in our back pocket every single time.

1474163593729.jpg

On 9/16/2016 at 12:55, da_no_1 said:

You mean the "dross" that lifted the same title that Jim Duffy of "the Famous" lifted?

warnock.png

On 9/16/2016 at 12:38, da_no_1 said:

Different set of players.

Unlucky.

Same result for you though, chump. 

Gutted for you. 

warnock.png

On 9/16/2016 at 01:16, TheMessiah said:

There's a lot of zoomers hitting the panic button early, we should be aiming for 4th, our squad is good enough to finish fourth, 8th would be a massive disappointment and anyone who pretends otherwise is kidding themselves on.

All of our performances this season have been marred by ridiculous, simple mistakes. Once we can cut them out, or at least down we are gravy.

We matched Hibs at Easter Road and were only undone by tow horrendous mistakes, Hibs will most likely win this league in a similar fashion to us in League 1 last season, we'll have some shitty results, but once this team gets going we should be hitting the playoffs or thereabouts.

warnock.png

On 9/15/2016 at 20:02, mackenzie43 said:

It would be a massive success for the Pars if they made playoffs this season, but saying that, it's not off the cards. I'm still not convinced with United and Falkirk, and Queens seem like they are relying on Dobbie. Long way to go this season, having Clark and Reilly up top is a decent enough forward line in this league. 

warnock.png

On 9/15/2016 at 18:58, Grant228 said:

There's a mile of difference between 4th and 5th right enough.

I predicted 4th pre season, but then that was before QoTS signed Dobbie which has definitely put them above us. Hibs, Dundee Utd, Falkirk and QoTS will all at least finish above us. We'll come fifth hopefully

warnock.png

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhXfi2ioNp8

Yep: if only there was some footage of the previous, utter swording that you suffered by The Famous prior to today - that would make you look like an utter clown in the process. Thanks for playing anyway, chump. 

Three of The Famous' last five effortless swordings against you chumps are just resting in the bank. Truly the gift that keeps on giving. 

warnock.png

On 9/16/2016 at 01:42, TheMessiah said:

When they are uncharacteristic and they have previously performed without such errors being so prevalent they can be disregarded as temporary.

Instead of just being complete dogshit and playing in Greenock.

warnock.png

On 9/16/2016 at 12:49, vikingTON said:

I think you'll find that dross like Williamson, Geggan and Michael "the Moff" Moffat were at the club at different stages throughout your humiliating 'journey'. Not sure why you thought that touting new additions would help your case: given that they were either playing against plumbers and fishermen last season, or are simply failing in this current campaign. So not a ringing endorsement of their competence at Championship level at all then. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

greggy.png

On 9/15/2016 at 18:58, Grant228 said:

There's a mile of difference between 4th and 5th right enough.

I predicted 4th pre season, but then that was before QoTS signed Dobbie which has definitely put them above us. Hibs, Dundee Utd, Falkirk and QoTS will all at least finish above us. We'll come fifth hopefully

warnock.png

On 9/15/2016 at 20:02, mackenzie43 said:

It would be a massive success for the Pars if they made playoffs this season, but saying that, it's not off the cards. I'm still not convinced with United and Falkirk, and Queens seem like they are relying on Dobbie. Long way to go this season, having Clark and Reilly up top is a decent enough forward line in this league. 

warnock.png

On 9/16/2016 at 01:16, TheMessiah said:

There's a lot of zoomers hitting the panic button early, we should be aiming for 4th, our squad is good enough to finish fourth, 8th would be a massive disappointment and anyone who pretends otherwise is kidding themselves on.

All of our performances this season have been marred by ridiculous, simple mistakes. Once we can cut them out, or at least down we are gravy.

We matched Hibs at Easter Road and were only undone by tow horrendous mistakes, Hibs will most likely win this league in a similar fashion to us in League 1 last season, we'll have some shitty results, but once this team gets going we should be hitting the playoffs or thereabouts.

warnock.pngwarnock.pngwarnock.png

On 9/15/2016 at 13:08, JFPar said:

We've actually played pretty well in all 4 defeats. If we keep that going we'll cuff Morton. They're my favourites for the bin this season.

On 9/15/2016 at 14:38, smpar said:

Not to 'Celtic' the place up, but a genuinely tiny minority of (delusional as f**k) Pars fans predicted a top 4 finish. Anyone with half a brain would recognise we're bound to finish 5th-8th.

warnock.png

On 9/14/2016 at 20:33, DAFC. said:

Hibs, Raith, QoS, Dundee United. Teams you'd expect to be in the top 4. We destroyed Dumbarton and then decided to self implode when it got to 90 minutes in the first game of the season. We are definitely better than them. Interested to see how we do against the crap teams in the same ilk as Dumbo as, like you say, we've played against the best teams the past 4 games. 

warnock.png

On 9/14/2016 at 20:41, DAFC. said:

Keep forgetting these bunch of jobbers got taught a lesson off Ayr fucking United :lol: We should be taking at least 5 off of them. 

warnock.pngwarnock.pngwarnock.pngwarnock.pngwarnock.png

On 9/14/2016 at 20:24, Black and White Tragic said:

I hope we grant these Morton fans their wish, give them a complete going over, and they can depose their manager. However I fear another, "we were the better side, but end up defeated."

No such luck, chump.  warnock.png

On 9/14/2016 at 01:43, TheMessiah said:

That's us, except we should be doing better.

On 9/14/2016 at 01:30, smpar said:

That sums up our season so far. The difference between the two sides seems to be that we have the potential to do so much better.

7 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

It's an utter farce we got pumped by Morton who are admitting their best player is Forbes.

Morton would bite your hand off for Higgy, Cardle or Nicky Clarke. They were on their knees and played a comedy lineup and still horsed us. You have to point the finger at management or lack of.

Duffy must be wondering how he had it so easy today. A seemingly clueless manager with a depleted squad, arguing with their own fans, with zero options on the bench never had to work too hard. 

Joke.

Before the game I'd have agreed with you but after seeing Clark, cardle and higginbotham today I wouldn't take them. Didn't even realise Clark was on until half an hour in, cardle came on and have away a few daft fouls and higginbotham did nothing at all. 

I was more impressed with Reilly. Thought he put a good shift in and looked tje most likely to score. Also thought Mcmullan played well.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Before the game I'd have agreed with you but after seeing Clark, cardle and higginbotham today I wouldn't take them. Didn't even realise Clark was on until half an hour in, cardle came on and have away a few daft fouls and higginbotham did nothing at all. 

I was more impressed with Reilly. Thought he put a good shift in and looked tje most likely to score. Also thought Mcmullan played well.

You should have asked why Williamson wasn't playing, he'd have gone nuclear.

That'll be the Reilly who had the grand total of 0 shots looking the more likely to score?

Reilly ran about allot, there endeth his impact upon the game. That was one of his better games and he still contributed absolutely nothing.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

That'll be the Reilly who had the grand total of 0 shots looking the more likely to score?

Reilly ran about allot, there endeth his impact upon the game. That was one of his better games and he still contributed absolutely nothing.

Which is no less than Higginbotham, Cardle, McMullan or El Alagui offered in their time on the park.

Singling out one player doesn't make much sense - your whole attack is crap as a unit, changing the individuals isn't going to make much difference. On the evidence of yesterday the problem is Johnston failing to get any kind of structure in your attacking play rather than being solely the fault of underperforming players, for all that some of them are undeniably playing badly.

McMullan was arguably our best performer on the day when he went off. We hadn't created much anyway but that then changed to practically bugger all.

I'm frustrated and concerned in equal measure by us just now. We look neat and tidy at times on the ball but it's always in front of the opposition defence, in areas where they know we're not going to hurt them. There's no invention in the final third and the opposing keepers have had few saves to make against us.
I'm not convinced AJ knows his best side at the minute but clearly what we're doing just now isn't working. He may need to be looking at a change of shape to make the midfield more effective in controlling play rather than personnel necessarily, but he also needs to address the defensive issues urgently. We're gifting teams chances that are leading to goals and it's happening week after week. If that doesn't change, we're in trouble.
Staying up, for me anyway, was always the goal but as it stands we have a real battle on our hands. We've got two massive games next that we have to take points from.
Clark's instinctive finish for the goal was good but, otherwise, being able to sit behind the goal in the sun was the biggest plus of the day.

Which is no less than Higginbotham, Cardle, McMullan or El Alagui offered in their time on the park.

Singling out one player doesn't make much sense - your whole attack is crap as a unit, changing the individuals isn't going to make much difference. On the evidence of yesterday the problem is Johnston failing to get any kind of structure in your attacking play rather than being solely the fault of underperforming players, for all that some of them are undeniably playing badly.

Cardle had a shot saved shortly after coming on, I do agree that outwith that he didn't contribute anything. I genuinely think we played worse after they came on, any shape we might have had in midfield descended into a complete clusterfuck, I've no idea the instructions Higginbothom and Cardle received but it went full on mental, I think a tear dripped out my eye when Higginbothom got the ball in the middle of the centre circle played it out wide left to the head of McCabe with Cardle standing in between El Alagui and Clarke, completely bizarre.

Disagree on McMullan though, if we were playing the ball on the deck and getting it forward he was the boy at the heart of it, we just didn't do it allot.

Just because Cardle and Higginbothom played badly it doesn't then mean Reilly played well or looked likely to score.

McMullan was arguably our best performer on the day when he went off. We hadn't created much anyway but that then changed to practically bugger all.

I'm frustrated and concerned in equal measure by us just now. We look neat and tidy at times on the ball but it's always in front of the opposition defence, in areas where they know we're not going to hurt them. There's no invention in the final third and the opposing keepers have had few saves to make against us.
I'm not convinced AJ knows his best side at the minute but clearly what we're doing just now isn't working. He may need to be looking at a change of shape to make the midfield more effective in controlling play rather than personnel necessarily, but he also needs to address the defensive issues urgently. We're gifting teams chances that are leading to goals and it's happening week after week. If that doesn't change, we're in trouble.
Staying up, for me anyway, was always the goal but as it stands we have a real battle on our hands. We've got two massive games next that we have to take points from.
Clark's instinctive finish for the goal was good but, otherwise, being able to sit behind the goal in the sun was the biggest plus of the day.

Did the ball not just deflect off Clarke and go in?

Archived