Greenock Morton v Dunfermline Athletic 17/09/16

Dunfermline seem stronger on paper and they should be looking at taking 3 points from a decidedly dodgy outfit left exposed by the inactivity in the last window. One or two key injuries and we're in even more shit. The fact that the Pars have been underperforming gives us a glimmer of a possible draw but a win seems a million miles away for us. I don't think a top four place is out of reach for Dunfermline with that squad (whereas we are heading for a relegation scrap with JD's 'creation')

Pessimistic for tomorrow - 3 or 4-1 to the Pars.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

I think you'll find that dross like Williamson, Geggan and Michael "the Moff" Moffat were at the club at different stages throughout your humiliating 'journey'. Not sure why you thought that touting new additions would help your case: given that they were either playing against plumbers and fishermen last season, or are simply failing in this current campaign. So not a ringing endorsement of their competence at Championship level at all then. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

I don't think you'll see Moff in action on Saturday. Here he is looking thrilled in his new supporting role:

http://shop.dafc.co.uk/index.php/black-polo-shirt.html

24 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Yes: but only after that dross managed to finish 7th in a division consisting of eight pub teams.

An order of magnitude worse than Jim Duffy: just let that sink in.

Different set of players.

Do keep up.

DUNFERMLINE: Ryan Scully; Gregor Buchanan, Kyle McAusland (Declan O'Kane 80), Stuart Urquhart (Michael Moffat 53); Ross Millen, Josh Falkingham (c), Andy Geggan, David Hopkirk, Alex Whittle; Faissal El Bakhtaoui, Andy Barrowman (Lewis Allan 68).
SUBS NOT USED: Lewis Spence, Shaun Byrne, Ryan Thomson, Ryan Goodfellow (GK)

MORTON: Derek Gaston; Lee Kilday, Ricki Lamie, Sean Crighton, Mark Russell; Tom O'Ware,Michael Miller, Ross Forbes, Stefan McCluskey (Stefan Milojevic 80), Declan McManus, Peter MacDonald (c) (Ross Caldwell 71).
SUBS NOT USED: Jamie McCluskey, Jon Scullion, Joe McKee, Nico Caraux (GK).

Only Geggan, Moff, Hoppy & Spence still at the club.

In hindsight I'm surprised we didn't get relegated, stinking.

Watching the Dundee Utd highlights and our defending for the 1st and 2nd goals is grim, Fordyce playing a part in both. No idea what wages were giving him but the decision to offer him an extended contract instead of bringing in a solid ch will go down as a mistake, Reid was a far superior player.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Only Geggan that will play on Saturday, some turnaround in players. Stuart Urquhart, lol.

How does that Morton team compare?

7 left..

6 are around the starting 11 and one is still glued to the bench!

5 hours ago, vikingTON said:

When have they performed without such errors? When you were relegated to the seaside leagues? When you fucked up two attempts at getting out of it, finishing a humiliating 7th behind a stack of pub teams, while Jim Duffy lifted a league title at The Famous? You're playing at a substantially higher level now and that is when the seaside league dross in your squad gets found out; it's that straightforward. 

Unlucky. 

I was thinking of the season we won the league by March tbh.

You're going to go pretty far to find a Pars fan who won't freely admit that we were dogshit for a few seasons, especially the season before last.

I suspect the table will, as usual, show you to be huffing a load of pish, hopefully anyway. After the weekend we will have a clearer idea of where we're at.

Losing to Ayr is a sure sign of relegation fodder imo.

I think I'd had too much coffee when predicting we'd win 7-0. United didn't have to get out of first gear to comfortably see the game out. Morton might not be very good but you don't have to be good to beat us just now. We were back to the headless chicken midfield. After such a terrific season last year, Geggan was ineffective on Saturday as he was having to cover the whole midfield. When the ball came to him, or when he got close enough to someone to tackle them, you could see he was too knackered to think straight. I'm not having a go at Geggan - really good player when in a tighter role. The other midfielder was non-existent. 

As the trip to Brechin showed, we've not lost our touch when it comes to pumping real dross, so if Morton are as bad as some claim, we will pump them. If they are even slightly okay we'll struggle. 

IMG_5166.JPG

Would assume this is how we're lining up given the injuries. Would be very surprised if Gunning starts, Strapp has been okay whenever he's had to be called on so I'm not too worried there. Nesbitt was apparently our only decent performer against Ayr when he came on, hopefully he'll be able to cause the fairly rancid Dunfermline defence some problems. 

Duffy is requesting "common-sense" from fans and support for the players if they make mistakes. If we're playing well fine, if we're not for the 5th week in a row, they're going to rightfully hear about it.

http://m.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/14747656.Duffy___Morton_fans__backing_can_help_team_get_back_on_track_/

IMG_5166.JPG

Would assume this is how we're lining up given the injuries. Would be very surprised if Gunning starts, Strapp has been okay whenever he's had to be called on so I'm not too worried there. Nesbitt was apparently our only decent performer against Ayr when he came on, hopefully he'll be able to cause the fairly rancid Dunfermline defence some problems. 

Duffy is requesting "common-sense" from fans and support for the players if they make mistakes. If we're playing well fine, if we're not for the 5th week in a row, they're going to rightfully hear about it.

http://m.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/14747656.Duffy___Morton_fans__backing_can_help_team_get_back_on_track_/

Gunning will definitely start.

Archived