Airdrie v Rovers

2lgm

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Conor McLaughlin has recovered from his injury. He played the full 90mins off the development league game against Morton the other night. Thought he looked ok until he got injured last week.

Would like to see how he gets on with a full 90 in the first team. Do you know how he played ?

4 hours ago, carlukediamond said:

Conor McLaughlin has recovered from his injury. He played the full 90mins off the development league game against Morton the other night. Thought he looked ok until he got injured last week.

Glad to hear it.  We lost a lot of our creativity and composure when he went off last week. 

9 hours ago, carlukediamond said:

Not really rated what I've seen of him so far, all he seems to do is get caught in possession, brushed off the ball and fall over. Probably a decent player in there but the jump from the 20s to first team is massive and I think it shows with him, not up to the pace or strength of the game yet.

14 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Not really rated what I've seen of him so far, all he seems to do is get caught in possession, brushed off the ball and fall over. Probably a decent player in there but the jump from the 20s to first team is massive and I think it shows with him, not up to the pace or strength of the game yet.

That's a harsh assessment of the boy. The physical side of his game can only improve by being given a run in the first team. I think he looks quite a talented lad and I'd be happy to see him in the side.

I'd say, even this early in the season, that this is a 'must win' game for us. Not necessarily because of the points gap, but certainly for the morale of the fans who are becoming rapidly disillusioned by the side. I'm expecting us to have tightened up in defence. We can't possibly keep going like this and not have learned anything from the mistakes we've made up to now - surely the big advantage of full time training is the ability to work on these types of flaw?

I'm expecting Rovers to come out of the blocks fast. Like last week though, I'd expect us to settle into the game with more possession. Unlike last week, I want to see some link up play between the midfielders and the strikers. I'd prefer Russell to stay up top where he can cause problems than chasing back looking to get involved.

I'm going for 4-1 Airdrie, Ryan with 3 and Russell with the other. Rovers goal to come from a bizarre OG.

Great post Pesa

Fans rapidly getting demoralised by the repetitive mistakes on the park and the deplorable personnel choices.

Last year Stewart was a too skinny 19 y/o who still had growing to do.  I said to let him grow into his frame whilst getting experience and now look at him.

McLaughlin and McIntosh are both developing 19y/o players in the same boat.    Why lose patience and write them off.   Invest in their development now by playing them and reap the rewards in a year or so when they've adapted physically.   Dont waste time with rubbish like Boateng and Schmidt.

I can see what they'll become,  others need to too. 

The best form of defence is attack. If we can keep possession play quick football through the midfield. Mix it up from time to time occasionally go long. We've become far to predictable. I have enjoyed the whole trying to play football thing but we've got to utilise what we have, play to our strength (not sure what that is) but if we keep the ball then they can't score (without stating the obvious)

Looks like my hope of us having done some work on defending during the week was just fantasy.

Boateng is a fucking disgrace to pub centre halves everywhere. He is still thinking about moving for a ball when the forward is a good 5 yards off him. By the time he's made the connection that he needs to move for the ball the forward is already off and after it. What the f**k is the problem with Gorman that this fucking bozo is the answer?

Archived