Hot potato 16/17

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

Will the HP continue into the playoff? Clarity required IMO.

I wouldn't have said so as although it technically is the Premiership play-off, I'd personally have it ending after the regular 38 games.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, deej said:

I wouldn't have said so as although it technically is the Premiership play-off, I'd personally have it ending after the regular 38 games.

Changing the rules for the establishment potato type post, imo.

Just now, CountyFan said:

Changing the rules for the establishment potato type post, imo.

Unaware there were any rules regarding this to be honest. Making them up as I go along. Although it would be pretty funny if after a whole season in the Premiership, United ended up with it 

Surely the potato can't continue into the play-offs?

It's a knockout tournament, so whoever loses goes down - or fails to come up - anyway, thus negating the point of the hallowed tuber.

Maybe a 10 point "potato penalty" for next season if you're relegated while in possession of it?

A dauphinoise deduction, if you will.

56 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

Surely the potato can't continue into the play-offs?

It's a knockout tournament, so whoever loses goes down - or fails to come up - anyway, thus negating the point of the hallowed tuber.

Maybe a 10 point "potato penalty" for next season if you're relegated while in possession of it?

A dauphinoise deduction, if you will.

My thinking exactly. A roasted reprimand should suffice.

The hot potato will finish it's season after 38 games. If Hamilton take it down with them then we will splurge on a shiny new one for next seasons campaign. 

44 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is this not the second season in a row we've won this prestigious award?

We won it the season before last, then proceeded to inflict the heaviest opening day defeat (4-0 vs Killie). Which was quite satisfying in an OCD kind of way. 

So whoever we get first next season better beware. 

Archived