4 minutes ago, rw89 said:

I'm guessing they ditched the utterly ridiculous requirement for undersoil heating. I remember we went a few years without a postponement of a home game before we got back into the 1st division just through our use of pitch covers. 

You have to have either undersoil heating or high quality pitch covers for a grass pitch. With 3G/4G pitches, you need neither.

59 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Police Scotland were certainly considering enforcing some basic requirements for top level grounds, I'm not sure if it came to fruition. I remember reading it on Facebook a couple of years ago when a 16 team top flight was being discussed as Morton or Queens would have been promoted if it came into effect.

Plus Police Scotland may have allowed Palmerston to stay as it is right now as Rangers was a "one-off" in their opinion. If QoS were in the top flight, Rangers, Celtic as well as other clubs would be bringing larger supports on a regular basis.

The key here is surely to do with the SPL, its demise and the rules it had, which owed more to closing a shop than any safety thoughts.

I wouldn't expect the police to be unduly troubled, so long as the number of fans in sections was controlled.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The key here is surely to do with the SPL, it's demise and the rules it had, which owed more to closing a shop than any safety thoughts.

I wouldn't expect the police to be unduly troubled, so long as numbers of fans in sections was controlled.

It probably came to nothing, I hope it did. It would be class to see some non-OF terracing in the top flight. 

Obviously in a few seasons when United are back fighting for Europe.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

The floodlights in the Premiership and Championship need to be Silver standard. Doesn't detract from your point that nothing needs to be done, just that a Bronze level stadium licence isn't the only requirement for top level football.

Yes thats true. Fair point. We would actually need to upgrade the floodlights a bit most likely.

1 hour ago, Marr1 said:

Police Scotland were certainly considering enforcing some basic requirements for top level grounds, I'm not sure if it came to fruition. I remember reading it on Facebook a couple of years ago when a 16 team top flight was being discussed as Morton or Queens would have been promoted if it came into effect.

Plus Police Scotland may have allowed Palmerston to stay as it is right now as Rangers was a "one-off" in their opinion. If QoS were in the top flight, Rangers, Celtic as well as other clubs would be bringing larger supports on a regular basis.

As I say I am far from convinced of the legal route for this if its true (and if I read on Facebook it was raining I would still go outside to check). Whilst I am sure Councils and the SPFL would be keen to have the police on board with arrangements and I imagine they probably have an input on the Safety Certificate requirements, I dont think they will have a right to insist on something changing in stadium fabric if the league rules and local Council dont actually require it. Freely concede I am not sure on this though.

Latest blog post from me Moving the Goalposts

Superb photos and I remember the Falkirk visit in 95 well.

A large Bairns support was on the terrace that warm, sunny day. We got the North End FSC bus down at the time and had a good few hours in the town prior to the game.

Looking back, the away supports chants of "Boom boom boom, let me hear you say Lambie....Lambie!!" were rather premature....

Archived