Reorganisation of East Region Leagues

Vollyman

32 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Linlithgow have potentially 26 games (if making finals) with 12 weeks left to the official end of season - so potentially playing half a seasons fixtures within that period. 

Does that include the 2 games required for the play off for finishing third bottom of the Super League?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said it before say it again we need to get rid of the region leagues and have a league 1 and league 2 that's 3 leagues with promotion And relegation and league 2 with only a promotion more meaningful games throughout the whole east region

2 hours ago, Mr Motivator said:

I'm confident there will be more than enough for the status quo. The sooner this issue is put to bed the better. If you enjoy junior football you will turn up regardless of the distance you have to travel. I for example due to the most recent events involving my club have decided to vote with my feet and won't be back at Warout until they get the house in order. Tomorrow for my junior fix I will travel to Dundonald and take in the game against Kelty.

That's exactly what I do when we are away from home take in  Bonnyrigg Dalkeith Nitten or Arniston 

• 2 weeks later...

Also if they do leave the juniors to me that moves the goalposts in terms of restructure vote.  My club are firmly behind the current set up but without Kelty Boness Bonnyrigg possibly playing elsewhere in the near future then it's back to the drawing board for us. 

The timing of these 3 clubs showing there hand couldn't be any worse and splinter group meetings are never good.

if they do jump ship which is there entitlement am pretty sure they would need to play eos league and wouldn't get directly into lowland league.

The uncertainty is not good for east region junior football and a don't think any decisions should now be made until we see who the member clubs are going to be. 

If the self appointed "elite" 3 think they have out grown the juniors well good luck to them 

32 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/bo-ness-united-bid-to-exit-junior-football-1-4413555

Should these clubs be allowed to vote on the issue of east region junior restructure when they see there future outwith the juniors.  Just a question ??

This article is a bit wrong from a Kelty perspective, we haven't paid £2000 Lowland League fee, we have paid a £2,000 fee to the SFA to apply for a Licence, same as Auchinleck we're going to do and Boness have done.

We don't particularly see our future out with the juniors, If there is change in terms of Junior clubs being able to get licensed, be part of a pyramid then that's another positive option.

When we applied for our Licence 3 weeks ago we were told we would have to join the pyramid, we were blocked obtaining a Licence if we didn't move because we were a SJFA club, we didn't agree with it and still don't but at present that is the stance so we have to accept it.

There's meetings planned, hopefully they are visionary meetings with all Junior clubs involved in giving their opinion on improving. We are looking at all options open and hopefully when meetings have taken place between the powers that be things will become clearer for everyone.

That makes sense dean and thanks for clarification, but for junior football in the east region it clouds the already murky waters in my opinion.

Understand and support any forward thinking club exploring options open to them  and taking steps to see how they can maximise income streams to support there club on and off the park and if the decision to maximise that means leaving the juniors then if that is the decision they reach then good luck to them.

Kelty as a club over the last few years have shown what can be done to there great credit and maybe they have outgrown the juniors to maximise there potential. Only they can answer that and make what they think is the correct call.

All I am saying really is that with it now being common knowledge that 3 clubs MAY be leaving the east juniors in the near future then any restructure talks should be put on hold till we know who the member clubs are going forward.

Junior Football does need to change but with all this uncertainty I just hope we don't commit to a restructure that in my mind would be detriment to all forward thinking clubs. (ie the new proposal)

I am concerned there may be a reaction from some clubs to force thru local leagues on the back of this information now being available. 

Also, firmly believe that this move from the 3 clubs is on the back of Linlithgow having the senior Scottish advantage every year and other clubs not.  In there defence they seized an opportunity that benefited there club but that door for junior clubs was firmly shut once lithgae won there case.

I may be wrong but I would guess that the 3 clubs don't possibly want to leave juniors but want access to senior Scottish every year.

36 minutes ago, Mr Motivator said:

Basically what you are saying Hals is that Stuart Regan should tell Tom Johnston that "Now is not the time"

No really, what am saying is we cannot vote on proposed restructure when there is uncertainty around what clubs will be participating going forward.

Status quo should prevail imo until it is clear which clubs are in the mix for the future of east region junior football. 

Once clear we then agree any change.  By the way I am all for junior clubs being part of a pyramid system but not sure what is the best way forward for this. Only thing a do know is the current proposed new structure is certainly not the way forward.

Archived