Standard in West Premier

Lupo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still think the players from 10 years ago or so aren't any better and I would even go as far to say that the players of today have more demands and expectations on them with video footage and social media. Christ I bet a few so called sassy and so called class players would have buckled and been found out early doors if they were scrutinised as much as players are today.

Been watching juniors for a long time. Respect given to those guys who plied their trade in it. It's a hard graft ????

Read through the post with interest in as much as is difficult to compare the game 15-20 years ago to today's game.
The games changed for the better in some ways and for the worst in others. However to suggest there are no "flair" players any more is slightly wide of the mark.
Irvine Meadow have a couple of young boys playing this season who are more than happy to take on a player and run with a ball at defenders. Sometimes to the exasperation of the fans I might add lol. The thing is though, they're having a go.
I'm getting more enjoyment these days at Medda Park than I did last season that's for certain.

Read through the post with interest in as much as is difficult to compare the game 15-20 years ago to today's game.
The games changed for the better in some ways and for the worst in others. However to suggest there are no "flair" players any more is slightly wide of the mark.
Irvine Meadow have a couple of young boys playing this season who are more than happy to take on a player and run with a ball at defenders. Sometimes to the exasperation of the fans I might add lol. The thing is though, they're having a go.
I'm getting more enjoyment these days at Medda Park than I did last season that's for certain.

I think the rose tinted spectacles of yesteryear is out in force with some on here[emoji41]

Archived