Livingston v TNS

ATLIS

Looking forward to this after dispatching Crusaders (twice).

Not sure if they'll be better or worse than them which makes it all the more interesting. Reckon we'll win though, taking 3-2 Livi on the day.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what to think of them tbh, they pish all over the Welsh league and have scored 52 goals in 14 games, averaging roughly a goal a game more than we have so far. After seeing Bala Town against Alloa it becomes less surprising though.

Mullen  -  Carrick
De Vita  -  Knox  -  Miller  -  Mullin
Longridge  -  Crighton  -  Lithgow  -  Halkett
Maley

They are a full time team who get Champions league money every season against teams they are light years ahead of, although Forfar showed that it's just they teams in their league that make them look great. If we play our best we should beat them.

I'm told that TNS are very well backed, paying up to 150k on wages a month, makes it less surprising that a couple of Dumbarton players moved to them last season. 

I'm told that the manager is on 3k a week, crazy money really when you look at the attendances they get down there. 

I'm not really sure what they aim to be in the Welsh league tbh, only full time team, basically have the league wrapped up already with 14 wins from 14, what is the motivation ?

Anyway, obviously this will be another difficult game, we've tended to make changes in the competition this season, Maley will come in, and I'd imagine two or three others also, Carrick, Sinclair etc 

I wouldnt have been overly bothered about this competition if we hadn't came up against who we have, I think it's important for Scottish football as a whole that we win this tie, as I did when we came up against Celtic u20s and Crusaders. 

As I understand it their approach is to try and win everything every season most importantly the league: this attracts the best players to them and generates CL money to pay for it all.

Won 6 of last 7 Welsh Premier Leagues, 4 of last 5 Welsh Cups, 5 of last 8 Welsh League Cups.

Hoping the Franchise side fails to go through here.....oh shit wait.....side's

Don't know what the f**k this is meant to mean but whatever it is, it's from a Forfar fan so I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

8 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Don't know what the f**k this is meant to mean but whatever it is, it's from a Forfar fan so I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

Franchise v Franchise.....about time these clubs were wound up.

15 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Not sure what to think of them tbh, they pish all over the Welsh league and have scored 52 goals in 14 games, averaging roughly a goal a game more than we have so far. After seeing Bala Town against Alloa it becomes less surprising though.

Mullen  -  Carrick
De Vita  -  Knox  -  Miller  -  Mullin
Longridge  -  Crighton  -  Lithgow  -  Halkett
Maley

No Pittman?

Cadden seems to be favoured over Mullin too, but suppose you never know what Hopkin is going to do selection wise for this cup. We've no game till next weekend though so don't see why we would rest first choice players like Pittman, or our top goal scorer either for that matter. Not sure what to expect from TNS but i'd want to start our strongest 11 against them and try to get the job done before the subs come on.

I think it's clear that we've used this competition to give some of the players that haven't played much in the league some game time. 

I'd think Maley will play, the back 4 will stay the same, but I'd expect the likes of Watt, Sinclair, Mullin, Carrick and maybe Knox to get a run out. 

It's only fitting that Alan Lithgow finds the net here. Quite looking forward to the game now.

Also, read on Twitter that TNS supposedly have a budget twice the size of ours - if so, that would surely make them comparable to the top half of the Championship, surely?

On 07/11/2016 at 18:04, andylivi1 said:

I'm told that TNS are very well backed, paying up to 150k on wages a month, makes it less surprising that a couple of Dumbarton players moved to them last season. 

I'm told that the manager is on 3k a week, crazy money really when you look at the attendances they get down there. 

I'm not really sure what they aim to be in the Welsh league tbh, only full time team, basically have the league wrapped up already with 14 wins from 14, what is the motivation ?

From that alone I think we are fucked.

It took 2 late goals for them to beat Forfar of SPFL2 in the preceding round... In 18 European campaigns they've only ever beaten clubs from Eire, Northern Ireland, the Faroe Islands and San Marino... They're clearly decent but lets not overdo it.

Wouldn't change the team too much but Carrick and Buchanan up front might be worth a go, he scored two goals in the development game so good opportunity to give him a go in this cup game to see how he gets on, Mullen coming on as sub 2nd half would cause them problems too.

Looking forward to this game.

Archived