Dumbarton v Greenock Morton

Hoping for another 3 points on the road, by all accounts Dumbarton have been playing pretty poorly. A weeks rest will do us the world of good as we were knackered at Falkirk.

0-2

Forbes

Oliver

Eta Quitongo and Nesbitt will be due game time with the u21s

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope we get a home win. This'll be my last game for three weeks and I hope we sword this dross.

"Dross." A solitary point keeping you away from the relegation places indicate deluded ideas above your station. Keep scrambling diddy.

7 hours ago, Marr1 said:

Does this constitute a derby?

Not really no. There's plenty of hate between St Mirren and Morton, but not even a fraction of that between us and the 'Ton. Geographically we're pretty close though.

6 hours ago, MonEhTon said:

"Dross." A solitary point keeping you away from the relegation places indicate deluded ideas above your station. Keep scrambling diddy.

That was remarkably easy.

Looking forward to the Clyde Classico. There wasn't too much between the teams last time out although Dumbarton should have taken the 3 points. We'll be going into this on the back of some excellent results lately so no reason why we shouldn't be looking for the win. 2-0 morton Oware and Oliver.

Think the lineup will depend on if Nesbitt and Quitongo get game time for Scotland.

If we are to rest Nesbitt, i'd like to think we would bring in someone like Tiffoney who has been on fire for the dev squad by all accounts or even Tidser as he is much better suited there over big Kudus who is pretty brutal on the left.

Would be more than happy for Scullion to get a run if we are to rest Quitongo.

Either way, we go into this game with confidence, playing well and i expect us to pick a win up here, 1-3.

28 minutes ago, madton said:

Think the lineup will depend on if Nesbitt and Quitongo get game time for Scotland.

If we are to rest Nesbitt, i'd like to think we would bring in someone like Tiffoney who has been on fire for the dev squad by all accounts or even Tidser as he is much better suited there over big Kudus who is pretty brutal on the left.

Would be more than happy for Scullion to get a run if we are to rest Quitongo.

Either way, we go into this game with confidence, playing well and i expect us to pick a win up here, 1-3.

I'd love to see Scullion get a start but that would mean putting using Oliver as our main striker which I doubt would work. Duffy seems to favour a physical presence up front to hold the ball up. if quitongo doesn't start I'd expect oyenuga to come in.

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

I'd love to see Scullion get a start but that would mean putting using Oliver as our main striker which I doubt would work. Duffy seems to favour a physical presence up front to hold the ball up. if quitongo doesn't start I'd expect oyenuga to come in.

Yeah you're right, its wishful thinking.

If Jai is rested and Kudus gets a chance up top, he needs to show he has something!

Oyenuga surely has to be dropped after his performance at Falkirk. It'd be one thing to persist with him if he was just playing badly, but as well as having a bad game himself he negatively affected the whole balance of the midfield and nullified Russell's attacking threat entirely as he had no one to link up with. If Nesbitt plays for the under-21s and Duffy wants to rest him it should be Tiffoney coming into the team.

I'd also bring Kilday back in, Gunning isn't fit yet.

Archived