Talbot v Beith

kenny131

14 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Theatrics by beith players ? Seriously ? We had three players booked for their first tackles . 

Talbot players were going down very Easy for the free kick that lead to your goal amongst others, as said a draw was a fair reflection but beith were finishing far stronger , how many saves did our goalie have to make compared to your goalie ?

Hertha, if you seriously think that the Talbot player went down very easily for the free kick goal then that in itself is a clear illustration that you can't assess a game with any sort of impartiality. your number 6,8 and 9 were all guilty of Greg Louganis impersonations whilst squealing like a rabbit caught in a snare, the number 8 was particularly embarrassing. I thought it was Hurlford from last season I was watching. As for the free kick that led to the goal, now that the highlights are up, is there anyone else on the planet who would interparate that as going down very easily? 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great free kick , but surely the keeper should be a couple of yards further over the side it went. From the highlights it looks as if he's set his wall up and then stood in the middle of his goal. When the balls struck he anticipates it going to his left and takes 2 steps over. Maybe I'm being overly critical but if the walls set up to cover that side then the keeper should be looking to cover his side. Great highlights looked an entertaining game 

Would have been over the moon to get a draw before a ball was kicked as half of our defence is out injured after last weeks game so I am more than happy with a draw It was mentioned yesterday about the keepers positioning for the free kick but do not think he would have stopped it anyway When  you seen the water sitting in the fields on the way down the park was in great condition although very slippery  Anyway nobody got injured so all the best for next week and may the best team win

17 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Beith guys are being a bit kind to their team saying they were the better team second half. No doubt a vast improvement from first half because they simply never got a kick of the ball and 1-0 HT flattered them. Second half was pretty even with both teams having chances to win it. Beith did show why they are where they are with some good play second half. Very good game and Talbot DID play the ball effectively on the deck. Over all Talbot a tad unlucky today and should have taken all three points. Can I just add, the theatrics today by two or three Beith players was distasteful. Yes I know that all teams have players who dive from time to time but some of that today was truly cringworthy. Anyway, can see the title going to the wire. 

Have you seen the Swan dives by Talbot  in the 3 nil asse whooping highlights from the big scottish tie.  

A good point for us yesterday and keeps our momentum going.

57 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

Great highlights KP.
Talbot really should have had the game wrapped up at half time going by the highlights.
Definitely a free kick and what a finish by Shankland. Keeper had no chance.
Looked a great game and I wish I had been there but I'm just a keyboard supporter these days.emoji6.png

Apart from missing out Beiths best chance of the first half!

2 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Have you seen the Swan dives by Talbot  in the 3 nil asse whooping highlights from the big scottish tie.  

Eh, no really. However I stated in my original post that every team has a player or players  who can go down easily. However, my exception was amount of times and the embarrassing theatrics accompanying the simulation that was a bit off, to say the least. I therefore conclude that this was more than just an individual pushing their luck, my suspicion is that it's more systematic! Couple of seasons ago Hurlford got such a reputation for constant theatrical diving that the Talbot support organised a Olympic style judging panel. I certainly wouldn't like it if I thought my team were being coached like this, although would probably turn a blind eye, like you Beith guys are doing. The squeals and the flaying arms during a swallow dive are embarrassing and happened 5 or six times during the game yesterday. I don't like it as it is not something that was a feature of Junior football, yes isolated incidents always were but it was just a bit too much for my liking yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

What minute/s was the best chance?

Think it was well in  probally in the last 10 of the first half Christie was through with only the keeper to beat could have played for the penalty and got keeper sent off but tried to finish it instead just putting it the wrong side of post

Don't know the exact time kp, but was not long after Talbot scored Beith 10 running through in keeper, Beith player lifts ball over keeper only to see it go just past post. Talbot defender challenging Beith player at time of shot

Just now, beithboy said:

Don't know the exact time kp, but was not long after Talbot scored Beith 10 running through in keeper, Beith player lifts ball over keeper only to see it go just past post. Talbot defender challenging Beith player at time of shot

Just thought he had the keeper to beat

2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Eh, no really. However I stated in my original post that every team has a player or players  who can go down easily. However, my exception was amount of times and the embarrassing theatrics accompanying the simulation that was a bit off, to say the least. I therefore conclude that this was more than just an individual pushing their luck, my suspicion is that it's more systematic! Couple of seasons ago Hurlford got such a reputation for constant theatrical diving that the Talbot support organised a Olympic style judging panel. I certainly wouldn't like it if I thought my team were being coached like this, although would probably turn a blind eye, like you Beith guys are doing. The squeals and the flaying arms during a swallow dive are embarrassing and happened 5 or six times during the game yesterday. I don't like it as it is not something that was a feature of Junior football, yes isolated incidents always were but it was just a bit too much for my liking yesterday. 

You do know beith play in black n white,  watched the highlights just now and it's the Talbot boys rolling around throwing themselves down,  I suspect your assessment is down to being raging you never won.

Frize got caught twice early on yesterday went down holding his ankle and both were bad tackles after that the home support were moaning every time he went near an opponent, very biased opinions coming from the Talbot support if there's been one team over the years that have influenced match officials to get what they want it's Auchinleck, every respect for what they have won over the years but some of their supporters are mental the way they go on I take it it's the minority but it's ridiculous at times only a few weeks ago we had folk on here saying the manager didn't have a clue etc he's probably got the best record in junior football and is the best manager, we win one thing and we want Millar to stay at Beith forever, maybe there isn't the same enjoyment down there when they have achieved it all before.

Frize got caught twice early on yesterday went down holding his ankle and both were bad tackles after that the home support were moaning every time he went near an opponent, very biased opinions coming from the Talbot support if there's been one team over the years that have influenced match officials to get what they want it's Auchinleck, every respect for what they have won over the years but some of their supporters are mental the way they go on I take it it's the minority but it's ridiculous at times only a few weeks ago we had folk on here saying the manager didn't have a clue etc he's probably got the best record in junior football and is the best manager, we win one thing and we want Millar to stay at Beith forever, maybe there isn't the same enjoyment down there when they have achieved it all before.

The vast majority of Talbot fans on here are absolute roasters [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, the nearly man said:

Exactly and well said. Excellent post.  

This type of game is the reason I enjoy Junior football. Both teams full of warriors, going all out for victory.
Mark Shankland, putting Talbot in front from a delightful free kick.
Ross McPherson demonstrating why he is one of the best strikers around by netting from close range, for a very well deserved equaliser.
Beith had the better of the closing stages, but Talbot missed the best chance of the game, when G blootered one into somebody's Vegetable patch from close range, late in the game.
Thought the Ref did ok, but he booked far too many players. He lost his pencil ( looked like an Argos one) in the 2nd half,the Beith bench showed him where dropped it, then he booked a couple of their players.
Great afternoon, thanks to everyone.

2 hours ago, kenny131 said:

You do know beith play in black n white,  watched the highlights just now and it's the Talbot boys rolling around throwing themselves down,  I suspect your assessment is down to being raging you never won.

Not really, was a good game and a draw is far from a disaster. I always try to give credit where it's due, I have been very complementary regarding Beith, on this forum and indeed your own. We are all likely to see it from our own team's perspective. I thought that a few of your team were way over the top with the theatrics, you don't and level the same critism at Talbot, which is a bit unconvincing as an argument I would suggest. 

7 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Not really, was a good game and a draw is far from a disaster. I always try to give credit where it's due, I have been very complementary regarding Beith, on this forum and indeed your own. We are all likely to see it from our own team's perspective. I thought that a few of your team were way over the top with the theatrics, you don't and level the same critism at Talbot, which is a bit unconvincing as an argument I would suggest. 

Your midfielder Mr White was going about non stop in the refs face wanting our players booked all game, talbot are a great club with an amazing history but it's quite well known that they like a bit of gamesmanship . 

Archived