Talbot v Beith

kenny131

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Larky55 said:

This type of game is the reason I enjoy Junior football. Both teams full of warriors, going all out for victory.
Mark Shankland, putting Talbot in front from a delightful free kick.
Ross McPherson demonstrating why he is one of the best strikers around by netting from close range, for a very well deserved equaliser.
Beith had the better of the closing stages, but Talbot missed the best chance of the game, when G blootered one into somebody's Vegetable patch from close range, late in the game.
Thought the Ref did ok, but he booked far too many players. He lost his pencil ( looked like an Argos one) in the 2nd half,the Beith bench showed him where dropped it, then he booked a couple of their players.
Great afternoon, thanks to everyone.

Only post re the actual game worth reading is that of a neutral - Larky merely confirming wot a lot of the unbiased supporters from both sides have been saying that is that a draw was a fair result - maybe the words 'LESS BIASED' would be more appropriate.

4 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Your midfielder Mr White was going about non stop in the refs face wanting our players booked all game, talbot are a great club with an amazing history but it's quite well known that they like a bit of gamesmanship . 

Don't quite know what your point is there Hertha, other than indulging in irrelevant what aboutary. Beith were guilty of the same behaviour, but to be honest this has nothing to do with my point. I don't like the diving historyonics that appears to be creeping into the Juniors, I thought that a few in your team indulged in this big style yesterday. I'm not surprised that you and some of your fellow Beith fans have taken umbrage and have come back with the whole litany of Talbot misdemeanours past present and future. It is not surprising that I am being branded a Talbot nutter for daring to criticise your club. But, to be honest none of that is relevant. Some of your players were guilty of simulation and over dramatising, it was not a one off and was periodic. Blame Talbot for all and sundry if you want, exclaim I have black and gold specs on to your hearts content, moan about the Talbot posters on here till your blue in the face, it matters not a jot because my point is relevant and accurate. You my friend, along with the Beith collective, just don't want to see it.

4 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Don't quite know what your point is there Hertha, other than indulging in irrelevant what aboutary. Beith were guilty of the same behaviour, but to be honest this has nothing to do with my point. I don't like the diving historyonics that appears to be creeping into the Juniors, I thought that a few in your team indulged in this big style yesterday. I'm not surprised that you and some of your fellow Beith fans have taken umbrage and have come back with the whole litany of Talbot misdemeanours past present and future. It is not surprising that I am being branded a Talbot nutter for daring to criticise your club. But, to be honest none of that is relevant. Some of your players were guilty of simulation and over dramatising, it was not a one off and was periodic. Blame Talbot for all and sundry if you want, exclaim I have black and gold specs on to your hearts content, moan about the Talbot posters on here till your blue in the face, it matters not a jot because my point is relevant and accurate. You my friend, along with the Beith collective, just don't want to see it.

Behave yourself next you will be telling us all that the crowd was 1,800 . 

1 hour ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Behave yourself next you will be telling us all that the crowd was 1,800 . 

Ah, first whataboutary, now deflection, still nothing to do with the actual point though, is it? 

7 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Ah, first whataboutary, now deflection, still nothing to do with the actual point though, is it? 

That's because you never had a point in my opinion . 

Just my opinion though and Paul frize in particular took a few dull ones yesterday . 

All the best in the remainder of the season and there really is nothing between both our sides on the evidence of the four games. 

I thought the game passed by without any controversy as well, I find it laughable that  Beith Players did anything to cause Talbot fans to moan about diving I'm of the opinion had we witnessed a home win yesterday this poor excuse wouldn't have been mentioned but they didn't get the result they were looking for and are now clutching at straws.

51 minutes ago, the nearly man said:

I thought the game passed by without any controversy as well, I find it laughable that  Beith Players did anything to cause Talbot fans to moan about diving I'm of the opinion had we witnessed a home win yesterday this poor excuse wouldn't have been mentioned but they didn't get the result they were looking for and are now clutching at straws.

Exactly and it's been 4 good hard fought games , two draws and a win for each team and we were only beaten when we had 10 men and an outfield player in goals for 25 minutes and after a last gasp Talbot winner. 

Its great that we are now up there with the Talbot and fighting for everything against them as that's not always been the case as a beith fan and it shows just how far we've came . 

22 hours ago, beithboy said:
11 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Exactly and it's been 4 good hard fought games , two draws and a win for each team and we were only beaten when we had 10 men and an outfield player in goals for 25 minutes and after a last gasp Talbot winner. 

Its great that we are now up there with the Talbot and fighting for everything against them as that's not always been the case as a beith fan and it shows just how far we've came . 

Hertha,I read earlier you were gutted your team didnt win.to be honest I can't for the life of me think of anybody else who walked out the park gutted.disappointed,yes as we all want the 3 points.

Come the end of the season if your club or mine dont win the league and are pipped at the post by 1 or 2 points I for one will not blame the 2 points lost today.

On the other hand should we win the league by 1 point. I shall look back at this game and remember this was a point hard won.

Nts

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

Will be interesting reading their unbiased views next week after pollok pump them out the Scottish. 

My good man, you have a tendency to let slip. I'm sure reading between the lines you will be ecstatic should Pollok indeed pump "them out the Scottish". Should that happen, as I will concede it will be a tough tie, I will just have to lie back, open a beer and remember the ten Scottish cup finals where I have personally witnessed Talbot lift the big yin. However, I am reasonable confident that we have the players, the experience and the pedigree to get a favourable result. Good luck against Morton BTW!

2 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

That's because you never had a point in my opinion . 

Just my opinion though and Paul frize in particular took a few dull ones yesterday . 

All the best in the remainder of the season and there really is nothing between both our sides on the evidence of the four games. 

If Paul Frize was the number 8, I wish he had played Junior football in the 80s, he would have certainly received a dull one for his antics. Good player but a drama queen if ever there was one!

Nothing between the sides? You guys got the Big Scottish tie replay spot on and executed your game plan superbly, so over the four games that one gives Beith the nod for me. However, it is going to be a long hard season for Beith who have a lot on their plate and are now a scalp. Said this to one of your fellow supporters when Beith won the league. It is one thing getting there, staying there is the difficult part. If they win a major this season, you can say Beith have arrived. Interesting times.

9 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

If Paul Frize was the number 8, I wish he had played Junior football in the 80s, he would have certainly received a dull one for his antics. Good player but a drama queen if ever there was one!

Nothing between the sides? You guys got the Big Scottish tie replay spot on and executed your game plan superbly, so over the four games that one gives Beith the nod for me. However, it is going to be a long hard season for Beith who have a lot on their plate and are now a scalp. Said this to one of your fellow supporters when Beith won the league. It is one thing getting there, staying there is the difficult part. If they win a major this season, you can say Beith have arrived. Interesting times.

I think winning the west of scotland  cup , the super premier league title ; the ayrshire cup and the scottish cup all in a 7 year span suggests that we have arrived ; all about opinions though and I will respect yours though along with you respecting mines . :) 

I think winning the west of scotland  cup , the super premier league title ; the ayrshire cup and the scottish cup all in a 7 year span suggests that we have arrived ; all about opinions though and I will respect yours though along with you respecting mines . [emoji4] 

You got relegated during that spell as well though. It'll be interesting to see how well Beith maintain their current form. Certainly the best team I've seen in the last few years.

Bottom line is that Beith are up mixing it at the top now.

Ffs Talbot has been the team for the past 5 years in the league so it was gonna happen for another team to pop up and give as good as they get.

It's healthy competition and it's making things entertaining against tougher opponents.

The fans are arguing for bragging rights with the Kilbirnie boys jumping on the Beith glory bandwagon. Good on them as they have enough on their plate worth the loss of their manager.

Looking forwards to next week and seeing how the league will pan out now.

Beith have won a trophy every 2 years going by recent stats.
I don't they have quite arrived just yet.
I concur that they are a good side at the moment and wish them well against Morton but how they fair this season in the Juniors will be the deciding factor on wither they have arrived.
We welcome the chase like we always have.

Apart from Talbot who else has won league scottish west and ayrshire cup in last 7 yrs and yes we did get relegated then promoted first attempt and then within 3 yrs win Scottish cup and ayrshire cup without having a hurlford or meadow sugar daddy shows how good a management team and committee we have and have built the best squad ever seen at bellsdale the future is bright it's black and white

Apart from Talbot who else has won league scottish west and ayrshire cup in last 7 yrs and yes we did get relegated then promoted first attempt and then within 3 yrs win Scottish cup and ayrshire cup without having a hurlford or meadow sugar daddy shows how good a management team and committee we have and have built the best squad ever seen at bellsdale the future is bright it's black and white

Well there is one thing that comes with winning games and that's over inflated pomp from fans [emoji23]

Archived