Armadale thistle

Daleman

Pay what you want may have taken place at friendly matches but is not possible in matches under the east of Scotland junior football region's jurisdiction as under their rules the minimum charge is £6 and £3 in the Super League and the Premier League

2 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Pay what you want may have taken place at friendly matches but is not possible in matches under the east of Scotland junior football region's jurisdiction as under their rules the minimum charge is £6 and £3 in the Super League and the Premier League

That may well be true for cup matches where the Region are due a cut of the gate, but for league games where the home clubs keeps the gate money, they can initiate a "pay what you want" scheme if they wish, or at least they used to be able to.

The rule book clearly states that the admission shall be £6 and 3 for all matches under the regions jurisdiction there is no mention of clubs being allowed to reduce prices. I remember a club asking for permission to reduce prices about 10 years ago and they were refused permission.

1 hour ago, Vollyman said:

The rule book clearly states that the admission shall be £6 and 3 for all matches under the regions jurisdiction there is no mention of clubs being allowed to reduce prices. I remember a club asking for permission to reduce prices about 10 years ago and they were refused permission.

Well if you want to do it I'd ask again, plenty clubs have let kids in for free for league games when, in theory at least, they should be charging £3.  I suspect this rule is meant to set a maximum price that clubs can charge.

If SPFL clubs are permitted to run a "pay what you want" scheme now and again, then I'm fairly certain there would be no objection to Junior clubs doing likewise, why would there be? league gates aren't split.

Junior clubs cannot afford to cut prices  most people would pay much less, how would clubs who have only one home game every 2 weeks be able to pay travelling costs, wages and players expenses training facilities  and all the other expenses that is why no junior club cuts prices. The SPL clubs who charge £20 to £30 plus TV money maybe can do this now and again.Cutting prices may increase gates  but it is a exercise which does not pay the bills, oh and I forgot the cost of referees if your allocated 3 match officials the cost is £90

19 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Junior clubs cannot afford to cut prices  most people would pay much less, how would clubs who have only one home game every 2 weeks be able to pay travelling costs, wages and players expenses training facilities  and all the other expenses that is why no junior club cuts prices. The SPL clubs who charge £20 to £30 plus TV money maybe can do this now and again.Cutting prices may increase gates  but it is a exercise which does not pay the bills, oh and I forgot the cost of referees if your allocated 3 match officials the cost is £90

Nice rant. All I said was that I doubt it's a rule that you MUST charge the stipulated prices in the handbook, I have been to several games where kids get in free if accompanied by an adult, we've done it ourselves.

Albion Rovers have had a few "pay what you can" games recently, they even had "pay what you can" season ticket offer a couple of seasons back. If a club like them can make a success of it, no reason why it cannot be a success at Junior level.

Edited by Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Nice rant. All I said was that I doubt it's a rule that you MUST charge the stipulated prices in the handbook, I have been to several games where kids get in free if accompanied by an adult, we've done it ourselves.

Albion Rovers have had a few "pay what you can" games recently, they even had "pay what you can" season ticket offer a couple of seasons back. If a club like them can make a success of it, no reason why it cannot be a success at Junior level.

It certainly wasnt a success for Albion Rovers, they described it as "catastrophically bad" for their finances.

Which is why they stopped the Season Ticket offer after a year, from memory people paying in averaged £30 each over the course of the season - so thats just over £1.50 per home game per spectator. Their average attendance went up but their income fell through the floor. Its been proven time and time again that dropping admission prices isnt currently a viable solution for clubs.

Any suggestions remain that until properly looked at, short term gimmicks if you like might increase attendances, more people in mean more coffees/food sold, more kids in mean more more food sold again since they can't go 5 mins without something.  Armadale need the points to avoid going down again, anything that gets more than a few in the door worth a look to shout the team on.  New manager maybe new idea's

the "doon thevolley" facebook talking bout "winter offers" maybe someone is trying ??

You cannot seriously compare junior clubs prices with senior clubs. Senior clubs are charging two to three times more than junior clubs and have revenue from the SFA from sponsors and pools firms. Junior football at. £6 is probably better value for money than most senior games. Sorry I do not agree with you but the rules are clear, go to East Region Website and see the handbook of rules regarding admission the rule states the admission price SHALL BE £6 and £3 no mention of cut prices 

It certainly wasnt a success for Albion Rovers, they described it as "catastrophically bad" for their finances.

Which is why they stopped the Season Ticket offer after a year, from memory people paying in averaged £30 each over the course of the season - so thats just over £1.50 per home game per spectator. Their average attendance went up but their income fell through the floor. Its been proven time and time again that dropping admission prices isnt currently a viable solution for clubs.

That's contrary to press reports in that case, although the outcome is not surprising.

Their individual game deals still continue though so they must work. Getting more people through the gate for unattractive games via these sort of deals must be a good thing long term.

You cannot seriously compare junior clubs prices with senior clubs. Senior clubs are charging two to three times more than junior clubs and have revenue from the SFA from sponsors and pools firms. Junior football at. £6 is probably better value for money than most senior games. Sorry I do not agree with you but the rules are clear, go to East Region Website and see the handbook of rules regarding admission the rule states the admission price SHALL BE £6 and £3 no mention of cut prices 

Of course the rule book doesn't mention a cut in prices for goodness sake, but if a club wants to do some form of promotional deal such as kids go free or pay what you can, then I very much doubt the Region will stand in your way.

As for your other point, gates at many Junior games are at a level where the odd deal or two throughout the season would hardly make a difference in gate money.

Would be good to find out officially ??

Its an opportunity to generate a wee bit interest agai?  Within armadale, youth football has exploded with numbers tripling in last 5 years, youth teams winning leagues and trophies again, the juniors haven't faired so well over the same period.  The opportunity of a new start important i think

Would be good to find out officially ??
Its an opportunity to generate a wee bit interest agai?  Within armadale, youth football has exploded with numbers tripling in last 5 years, youth teams winning leagues and trophies again, the juniors haven't faired so well over the same period.  The opportunity of a new start important i think

Apparently there is no youth set up at the Dale. The oldest age group hey have is under 14 and that came from someone on the committee

1 hour ago, budgie smuggler said:

Apparently there is no youth set up at the Dale. The oldest age group hey have is under 14 and that came from someone on the committee

Sorry its well known the youth side is very much alive and kicking in the dale with hundreds of kids from aged 4 upwards.  The two big clubs falcons and sports club merged in 2015 under the new name of "armadale community fc". have a look at their website.  The committee of the junior club were asked to join the club and an ongoing project for a new facility but declined.  The community club have moved on but a chance of something better for all was missed though i understand the door was never closed.  

www.armadalecommunityfc.co.uk  

15 hours ago, nugget man said:

Sorry its well known the youth side is very much alive and kicking in the dale with hundreds of kids from aged 4 upwards.  The two big clubs falcons and sports club merged in 2015 under the new name of "armadale community fc". have a look at their website.  The committee of the junior club were asked to join the club and an ongoing project for a new facility but declined.  The community club have moved on but a chance of something better for all was missed though i understand the door was never closed.  

www.armadalecommunityfc.co.uk  

True or not true. There are no clubs over fifteen years off age...  What happened to the girls team?  Great to see so many kids involved but after a point the interest seems to go ( not only in Armadale but Throughout) football needs a good juvenile league system that takes the players right upto adult ( and therefor junior) football. I'm sure young men would rather play at a juvenile club that gives them the chance off junior football rather than pub league football. 

58 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

True or not true. There are no clubs over fifteen years off age...  What happened to the girls team?  Great to see so many kids involved but after a point the interest seems to go ( not only in Armadale but Throughout) football needs a good juvenile league system that takes the players right upto adult ( and therefor junior) football. I'm sure young men would rather play at a juvenile club that gives them the chance off junior football rather than pub league football. 

At U16 level, adult teams might start to ask better players to train with them with a view on further development . The community clubs U16 teams seem to be doing rather well.  

I understand there is adult teams in the community club as well and more asking to join.  You are right a pathway right up to junior football and maybe further would be desirable.  But armadale thistle didn't want to join the community club or join the project for new facilities.  

Your point on losing interest is worth noting but perhaps a pathway to a higher level of football would help ??