Armadale thistle

Daleman

4 minutes ago, budgie smuggler said:

Whilst the players are to blame should some of the blame not be directed at the old manager?

He brought them to your club

True .bunch o chancers . No intrest in the dale . Good junior manager at the club now .ill be back inside the volley cheering on the dale 

Like most other players Kieran only missed training when working. Also part of the derby winning team at Bathgate Whitburn and for a player that has being at Armadale for a few years now the squad was the best group since I have been there played well most games just needed a striker to finish chances. How many games will it take for Armadale to lose before you chuck it again? Usual from the usual 

Other than the Kennoway game what other hammerings? If you've been away for a while how can you judge a game? Basically a brand new squad put together at begin of season that never got the results most performances merited and lack of confidence in squad not helped by you or committee members. You should get yourself down to training you must be a player 

Time to get behind the team and try and salvage whats left of the season for whatever reason mistakes have been made and the progress the club was makeing has stalled in recent years but the only way that will change is with working harder both on and off the pitch 

Your comments about the committee are rubbish the committee work hard yes all is not as it should be the reason being the lack of committee members and the fact that many of the committee are over 70 years of age. Obviously you have not seen the work done to upgrade the dressing rooms by the few younger members of committee. These are the real supporters of the club who raise funds by running bingo nights race nights standing out 6 hours a week in all kinds of weather selling the club's lottery, they keep the club going but unfortunately part of the job is taking criticism from guys like you who is obviously a member of the all mouth and no action brigade

Edited by Vollyman

From the outside looking in it appears Armadale are at a serious crossroads. I wonder whether relegation at this point wouldn't be the worst thing to happen although I sincerely hope that they manage to stay up - the derbies are brilliant. It might give you an opportunity to completely overhaul things with little pressure on the side. I think you would come back up pretty quickly as well. I feel that the poor league form and the pressure that that brings is putting a lot of pressure on a committee that are struggling to reform themselves at the moment. Armadale do a lot of things well - lottery for one thing. Maybe there a few who are a bit long in the tooth but these guys have put a lot of time and effort in over the years because they love their club so you can't ignore that. You need to strike a balance though with new blood coming in and that's not easy to do. Young people these days seem far less likely to get involved at that level at their local Junior clubs - there's not the same social aspect that went hand in hand with the Junior game from days gone by. I keep hearing there is a lot of unrest within the playing squad as well but you still have some decent players there. Anyway, I genuinely hope things turn round for Armadale soon (or at least soon after the next game at The Volley between the two Thistle's)

1 hour ago, WhoYeTalkinTae said:

Your spot on the younger members of the committee keep the club running great guys the older ones are a shambles think they need to realise Colin stein and joe baker don't play with Armadale anymore 

To say the older members are a shambles is totally disrespectful the guys who stand in all kinds of weather selling lottery are over 72 years of age they also man gates and help pre and after match work and are a great asset to the club a lot of work goes on every week by the committee yes there are times when certain individuals tend to live in the past however there is a new management team in place and new additions to the playing staff so it is time for the "nit picking " to stop and for people to give their support to the management and committee. 

The more helpers the better for any team regardless of age. The best option would be to move to new facilities were you dont need to keep on top of things like dressing rooms putting nets up etc and it would free up time plus get the community of Armadale together and attract better players with better facilities. The history of the team will always be there but times change and the club needs to keep up. As a former member of youth football in Armadale there is a divide between the juniors and the youth teams not pulling in the same direction which would benfit both going forward 

On 12/02/2017 at 19:49, Daleman said:

The more helpers the better for any team regardless of age. The best option would be to move to new facilities were you dont need to keep on top of things like dressing rooms putting nets up etc and it would free up time plus get the community of Armadale together and attract better players with better facilities. The history of the team will always be there but times change and the club needs to keep up. As a former member of youth football in Armadale there is a divide between the juniors and the youth teams not pulling in the same direction which would benfit both going forward 

I don't think its too late daleman, i'm sure the juniors could still get on board, the community club have stated they want to work with all of the community so that everyone benefits rather than the town loosing out again  I know they have spoken to the bowling club, schools and others.  Who's to say the juniors couldn't still get involved or any other groups ?  

Great fighting performance from the dale today .tottally outplayed ARNISTON in the first half ,could have been three goals up by the break .succured in the second half when the ref sent off the dale keeper for showing two fingers to one of junior footballs vilest rodents who had abused the keeper for ten minutes previous . Keep playing like this and these players will undo the early season non tryers . Well played dale