Patrick Thistle vs Rangers, 26th November

Any thistle fans remember why that tie was played midweek ? Think it might have been because we played Dundee Utd in the league cup final the weekend it was scheduled but not 100 percent sure 

Your 5th round replay against Hibs took place on the weekend that the 6th round game was scheduled.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/11/2016 at 16:21, Forever_blueco said:

Excited for your biggest game of the season ? 

I Think it should be pointed out Saturday was our smallest home support of the season and the biggest away support. Also neither of the OF have come to Firhill and  managed to surpass the attendance at the Morton game in our last Championship season. Only here to see the Jags (and the Ton)

32 minutes ago, thisal said:

I Think it should be pointed out Saturday was our smallest home support of the season and the biggest away support. Also neither of the OF have come to Firhill and  managed to surpass the attendance at the Morton game in our last Championship season. Only here to see the Jags (and the Ton)

Biggest home turnout in the top flight since our return is still easily the Dundee United 0-0 as well.

10 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Are you his Agent!? Sorry not good enough for us, but could certainly play at a bigger club, how about St Mirren?

That is hilarious mate. He clearly is a good premiership striker. Considering we got him for free years back and this season he has scored the same amount of league goals as £1.8M  Joe Garner. Also I never said that Rangers would want him in their team, I just said I, pretty sure a lot of teams would be happy to have him in their side.

7 hours ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Just thought I'd throw this up again since I only had to wait until the next day to prove my point. 1 goal & 6 subs in the 2nd half today and yet the ref adds on only 2 minutes. Where is the 'pretty standard' today for similar time lost?

So even if we go between your 4 & todays 2 and meet it in the middle, 3 mins exact would've ensured a share of the points for Thistle.

Added time doesn't really matter in cup games that are finished though does it? I'm sure Rangers won a semi or a final 7-0 a while ago and there was 0 added time, just to put the opponents (utd?) out of their misery. 

It's also widely accepted that the added time wasn't the issue, Partick completely shitting the bed was the reason they lost that game. 

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

That may well be true but this lad was a Ginger so with the best will in the World that surely tips the balance in favour over the Jakey with the old top on...Just.

Just so we are clear, youre having a dig at someone who has afro hair? 

8 hours ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Just thought I'd throw this up again since I only had to wait until the next day to prove my point. 1 goal & 6 subs in the 2nd half today and yet the ref adds on only 2 minutes. Where is the 'pretty standard' today for similar time lost?

So even if we go between your 4 & todays 2 and meet it in the middle, 3 mins exact would've ensured a share of the points for Thistle.

Minimum 4 minutes.

Rangers scored in the 5th minute of injury time. 

Has anyone claimed 'The Billy Boys' was sung?

I don't remember the claim or the song.  Plenty other unacceptable shite though.

No. It was Go Marching Thru Georgia.

That is hilarious mate. He clearly is a good premiership striker. Considering we got him for free years back and this season he has scored the same amount of league goals as £1.8M  Joe Garner. Also I never said that Rangers would want him in their team, I just said I, pretty sure a lot of teams would be happy to have him in their side.

Sorry pal, it was tongue in cheek, he's decent.

That was a sore one to take. I'm sure everyone else has covered it well enough already but we should have been ahead long before Doolan opened the scoring. I had taken some Rangers' supporting workmates along to the game and they all questioned at half-time why we were second-bottom. I told them to ask the same question at full-time...

I didn't see Rangers creating much from open play and thought it would take something special to get them back into the game. Dodoo's first goal was quite reminiscent of Boyd's at the same end in a cup replay a few years back. As soon as that goal went it, if either team was going to win it, it was always going to be Rangers. Weak mentality and the winning goal was sheer inept goalkeeping from Stuckmann who I'm fast writing off as a big f*cking diddy; there was a powderpuff shot earlier in the second half that he eventually got down to and bundled out for a corner despite it travelling at a snail's pace.

Our season won't be defined by games against the Old Firm but it would sure make things a bit easier if we could take something from these games. Overall, I thought we played very well at times and it was an encouraging performance but that counts for bugger all. Individually, big Barton continues to impress and did so in the defensive two that I said he wouldn't be able to play in - shows what I know. I thought Ziggy was relatively solid and I dare say, looked lighter than he did earlier in the season. Wouldn't be the first time a player has come to us and not been in the condition to play the sort of style that we do. Thought Welsh had a fine game by and large, and Dools put in a tireless shift up front, linking play as well as always. 

That's the first time I've seen Rangers live under Warburton and they are the makers of their own downfall at times. Foderingham is clearly under instruction not to go long and if a team presses high, the whole defence is under unnecessary pressure. Overplay the ball far too often. The style is quite effective when teams sit back and they came into the game in the second half when we sat off. Not sure why Warburton hooked Forrester who I thought was one of Rangers' more likelier threats. Missed it myself but folk around me, Rangers' fans included, thought Garner was lucky to stay on the pitch for the elbow in the first half.

Huge game next week. I dare say, a must win. Certainly a must not lose.

That was a sore one to take. I'm sure everyone else has covered it well enough already but we should have been ahead long before Doolan opened the scoring. I had taken some Rangers' supporting workmates along to the game and they all questioned at half-time why we were second-bottom. I told them to ask the same question at full-time...

I didn't see Rangers creating much from open play and thought it would take something special to get them back into the game. Dodoo's first goal was quite reminiscent of Boyd's at the same end in a cup replay a few years back. As soon as that goal went it, if either team was going to win it, it was always going to be Rangers. Weak mentality and the winning goal was sheer inept goalkeeping from Stuckmann who I'm fast writing off as a big f*cking diddy; there was a powderpuff shot earlier in the second half that he eventually got down to and bundled out for a corner despite it travelling at a snail's pace.

Our season won't be defined by games against the Old Firm but it would sure make things a bit easier if we could take something from these games. Overall, I thought we played very well at times and it was an encouraging performance but that counts for bugger all. Individually, big Barton continues to impress and did so in the defensive two that I said he wouldn't be able to play in - shows what I know. I thought Ziggy was relatively solid and I dare say, looked lighter than he did earlier in the season. Wouldn't be the first time a player has come to us and not been in the condition to play the sort of style that we do. Thought Welsh had a fine game by and large, and Dools put in a tireless shift up front, linking play as well as always. 

That's the first time I've seen Rangers live under Warburton and they are the makers of their own downfall at times. Foderingham is clearly under instruction not to go long and if a team presses high, the whole defence is under unnecessary pressure. Overplay the ball far too often. The style is quite effective when teams sit back and they came into the game in the second half when we sat off. Not sure why Warburton hooked Forrester who I thought was one of Rangers' more likelier threats. Missed it myself but folk around me, Rangers' fans included, thought Garner was lucky to stay on the pitch for the elbow in the first half.

Huge game next week. I dare say, a must win. Certainly a must not lose.

A fair post, we agreed after the game that you didnt look like a foot of the table side. I'll bet most Bears would acknowledge your comments about how we are set up too.

Archived