Fawkurt v Smurn - THE P&B DERBY

Has there ever been a Bairns/Buddies match with the teams in a collectively worse position?  

Taiwo back in for Rankin, but otherwise I wouldn't change the team.  Want to see Grant back but we've been pretty stingy at the back so difficult to justify.  Would also like to see Austin get some game time if he's now fit.

2-1 Bairns in a shitfest.  3,852 attendance.  Some random punter who's never kicked a football in their life to fluke the halftime crossbar challenge, and get the biggest cheer of the day.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Has there ever been a Bairns/Buddies match with the teams in a collectively worse position?  

Taiwo back in for Rankin, but otherwise I wouldn't change the team.  Want to see Grant back but we've been pretty stingy at the back so difficult to justify.  Would also like to see Austin get some game time if he's now fit.

2-1 Bairns in a shitfest.  3,852 attendance.  Some random punter who's never kicked a football in their life to fluke the halftime crossbar challenge, and get the biggest cheer of the day.

15yr ago when we finished 2nd bottom and St Mirren 3rd bottom......

Albeit a wee bit away, these are the games you are kinda scared off dropping point or being the first club to lose to St Mirren in the league, we shouldve won the last game with a disallowed goal and our defence caving in the last 10 mins or so. Our defence now, dare I say is doing fine, so much so Grant cant get in.

Id go with a Sibbs, Kerr Craigen Hippo midfield, offers flexible movement within the game with Craigen, Sibbs and Hippo being able to move to one or more positions. Id expect it to be same 11 from Ayr or Taiwo in for Hippo from the four id pick. The defence and attack picks itself at the moment.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Games 2 weeks away ffs. On the plus side hopefully will actually make it to this one.

I know, but it's the big one.  The main event.  Families split down the middle. It's the game that the SPFL and Cockwomble lives for.

People may say they are neutral, but we know in reality they either really support the team in stripes or the team in blue.

Tbf, at least one of them have gotten some sort of positive result against us. Something your mob couldn't manage.

I'm sure Killie fans would happily give up their premier league place just for the opportunity to get a decent result against Morton.

After we take a riding off Spartans in the cup I'm looking forward to this one, quite enjoy the trips through to Falkirk. I'd have Walsh in for Clarkson and put Morgan in behind Sutton with Walsh out left. Hopefully MacKenzie will be back so Ben Gordon can park his arse on the bench.

least favourite game v StM - the 0-2 defeat in 2009 at TFS that saved them from relegation, and really looked like it was going to sink us... we were so utterly, utterly piss-poor that day - not a shot on target that I remember, just soul-sapping half-pace sideways crab football  -  that we could have picked an Elliots Eleven, straight from the pre-match bar, and given them a better game.  Or at least put in a slap or two on Billy fecking Mehmet.    

favourite game v StM - the 5-1 horsing dished out on their patch in 2007. Thuggish panto villain duo Millen and Potter getting it tight all day was rather satisfying...Most pleasing indeed to watch all those Paisley favours getting hurled in disgust onto the trackside, and to see that fecking panda well and truly rattled.  Thankyou please. 

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:34, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Minnows to get absolutely pumped. Stick on.

I'd take a guess that more of your 215 posts are about St Mirren than Morton.. you post on every single thread about us.. some might say obsessed.

ETA - Your profile shows your last 15 posts.. every single one is on a St Mirren thread :rolleyes: Your teams doing pretty well right now you should maybe discuss that instead.

2 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

least favourite game v StM - the 0-2 defeat in 2009 at TFS that saved them from relegation, and really looked like it was going to sink us... we were so utterly, utterly piss-poor that day - not a shot on target that I remember, just soul-sapping half-pace sideways crab football  -  that we could have picked an Elliots Eleven, straight from the pre-match bar, and given them a better game.  Or at least put in a slap or two on Billy fecking Mehmet.    

We had been terrible leading up to that game and then out of the blue produced one our best performances of our whole time in the premier league. Maybe we can do it again..doubt it though.

What a day that 2-0 victory was. Probably the best I've ever seen a St Mirren team play.

I also enjoyed the game about this time of the year in 2008, we had about 40 injuries and were typically bottom of the league. The slowest strikeforce possible of Dennis Wyness and Jim Hamilton both scored. It was freezing but there was a decent burger van outside the away end & I've never seen it since.

It happened right in front of me in the gazebo. He went up for a header, and headered the back of Billy Mehmet's napper.

Unfair as I thought it was at the time, it paid off when Frank Aafjes stepped in and strolled the ICT game (and the SC final, but I can't seem to recall how that went...)

Archived