Help! Any games left on?

Cosmic Joe

Within an hour's drive of Dundee?

Torture seeing all these postponements and I'm trying to distract myself from the car crash Worst Poster thread on the General Nonsense Forum...

eta Cannae be arsed shelling out £22 for Dundee v ICT

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interestingly across the whole of senior and junior football the only games on grass to survive were at Dundee, Elgin, Hearts, Partick, Peterhead, Ross County (SPFL); Brora, Buckie, Deveronvale, Forres, Fraserburgh, Keith (Highland League); Bonnyrigg (East Juniors); Buchanhaven, Buckie Rover, Burghead, Fraserburgh Utd, Hermes, Lewis Utd, Nairn St Ninian (North Juniors); Alness, Invergordon, Thurso (North Caledonian).

So despite what people think in terms of weather and temperatures up north, Aberdeenshire and the Highlands were the place to be; and well done to Bonnyrigg for being the only game without undersoil heating to survive south of those northern parts. It seems their reward was a bumper crowd too.

I caved in and paid the 22 quid to watch Dundee v ICT. Not a terrific game of fitba but a first class steak mince pie for £2.60. Another potential free Saturday coming up. Lochee United in the Junior Cup pencilled in. A new ground for me, 200 yards from my front door... :rolleyes: 

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I've never claimed otherwise. They have been one of the bigger clubs in England for a long time and a long run of having a poor team doesn't negate that.

Not to split hairs but being a top team is surely different from being big club ... a wee slip up amongst the deafening silence coming from the lolverpool brigade :lol: 

27 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Not to split hairs but being a top team is surely different from being big club ... a wee slip up amongst the deafening silence coming from the lolverpool brigade :lol: 

I don't really get where you're going with this. Liverpool have always been one of the bigger clubs, they've had a fairly rubbish team for a fair while now, but this year their team is looking a lot better than previously.

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I don't really get where you're going with this. Liverpool have always been one of the bigger clubs, they've had a fairly rubbish team for a fair while now, but this year their team is looking a lot better than previously.

Was just picking up on the top team reference when usually it's only ever to put the boot in.

5 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

All these Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea fans in Scotland have nothing in common with each other...

Its tough for all following from so far away. 

5 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Was just picking up on the top team reference when usually it's only ever to put the boot in.

Its tough for all following from so far away. 

Tbh I meant top club rather than team in the initial post, but this season Liverpool do appear to have one of the top teams.

Archived