Amateur Super cup

Hughheffner69

why afternoon only? and why west only? Kinda dont see the point in there being a tourney for the best west of scotland afternoon league team. 

I'm sure the interleague tourney represents the leagues just fine. 

2 hours ago, garygoals said:

The morning leagues more than matched the cale and central in the recent league select matches.

Never saw any of these games , could have a fair point about being a match for them but both cally and central won in the end up. Will be interesting to see who wins between they 2

He said Saturday afternoons coz Saturday morning leagues are not v.good

Surely all the more reason to prove it then? If they are that bad then it would be up to representative of another league to prove it by beating them. There is a massive sense of arrogance from those who beleive that certain leagues and associations are all that matters or are worth discussing in amateur football when that certainly isn't the case.

A select side gives a far better reflection of the league than their top team. 

Are we saying colville is a representation of the overall standard of the central? Is blochairn star a representation of the overall standard of the SSMAFL? Neither are. 

A select side gives a far better reflection of the league than their top team. 

Are we saying colville is a representation of the overall standard of the central? Is blochairn star a representation of the overall standard of the SSMAFL? Neither are. 

Well you'd like to think so mate but sadly it's not the case as I know the LEAFA select team and IMO there are better players left out the squad. Obviously reasons for them not being involved but a players ability isn't always represented by the league or team they play in and that will always be the case.

2 hours ago, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

Well you'd like to think so mate but sadly it's not the case as I know the LEAFA select team and IMO there are better players left out the squad. Obviously reasons for them not being involved but a players ability isn't always represented by the league or team they play in and that will always be the case.

Think this is the case in most of the select sides. Always seems to be players left out most would assume would be more than capable of playing with the select sides. But there is a limited amount of numbers available in these squads and a big pool of players to choose from. Can't please everyone !

• 2 weeks later...

I previously proposed a Champions Cup to the Amateurs, and was looking for backing from them similar to the Inter Regions Trophy. Looking at the club winners of each of the Regional Trophies (ie West/East of Scotland Cup winners etc).

This would form a straight knock out competition. Games either played at a central location or at a venue agreed by both teams and SAFA. Proposed that SAFA, for these games, would cover pitch ref travel costs for clubs.

Dont know what buy in it would get tbh, but he proposals didnt go very far given the recent introduction of the Inter Regions Trophy..... maybe in due course.

I know there are lots of games for some teams throughout the season, however here i dont see more than 3 games for any team q/f (for some given numbers) then sf and final. Can be played at different points througout the season (either form part of preseason before league season kicks off etc).

See if anything happens in time i guess

Archived