The Last of Us: Part II

killie_lad

On 04/12/2016 at 09:53, mrcat1990 said:

Joel will get murked. Absolute NAP.

Theory I've read is that he already has been, Ellie is hallucinating as she's sitting in the room with the guitar and vowing to her perception of 'Joel' in the trailer that she's going to avenge him.

I would normally spoiler this but it's of course not actually official and just other people's interpretations of the trailer.

Never really got into the original hype for the game as I didn't have a PS3.  Picked it up on PS4 and I'll admit, a very, very good game.  The sequel will undoubtedly be great, but these days excitement and hype need to be tempered.

I know it was always going to happen, but the way they capped off the story in the first game I'd have been happy if they just left it at that.  They had a perfectly self-contained story there and although the ending was ambiguous, it worked that way.  Hopefully they can carry it on without ruining that (of course they will).  

On 06/12/2016 at 18:47, djchapsticks said:

Theory I've read is that he already has been, Ellie is hallucinating as she's sitting in the room with the guitar and vowing to her perception of 'Joel' in the trailer that she's going to avenge him.

I would normally spoiler this but it's of course not actually official and just other people's interpretations of the trailer.

I wonder if the game will go something like Joel being killed within the first half, second half being Ellie rampage and descent into madness while tracking the killers.

I also read somewhere that they have found a group and settled in. Another group have come in and massacred them with only Ellie and Joel surviving - which is what we see in the trailer. Then revenge. The guy went on to say it will have a crushing tearjerker of an ending where Joel is (yep) killed, setting up a third game.

Sounds a bit Walking Dead to me though but I am wondering if the big guy will make it through the game!

Archived