Motherwell vs Kilmarnock 10/12/16

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its fairly obvious, watching those, why teams like Aberdeen take 4 or 5 off us. A decent striker will score a few of those chances. 

In other news, do Motherwell players claim a penalty any time a shot is blocked? 

:blink: Coulibaly's failed overhead kick clearance. 

The thing that struck me about Lasley was that for the first 20mins, maybe more, he just seemed to be getting in his own players way. The incident where he cleared the ball off Smith was in a similar position to where he gave possession away for Hearts first goal at FP and I'd guess that's what caused the hesitation in terms of where to put the ball.

I thought he eventually got himself together a bit and ended up making a few decent blocks and interceptions but for the first 45 mins he was all over the place. It was telling that the first 10-15 mins seemed to see us trying to adjust and work out what everyone was supposed to be doing.

I feel bad joining the Lasley-bash, but on the ball yesterday he was so, so slow. I lost count of how many times someone looked up for the ball, and Lasley just hesitated before he played it. Amazed that Killie didn't exploit the middle of the park more.

Archived