The Sons v The Bairns 17/12/16

Houstons not one for taking risks, I can't see him starting away to Dumbarton. Possible if it was at home but can't see it in this fixture.

Time will tell I guess.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the limited amount of time I've seen him Leahy's distribution has been absolutely woeful at times, just lumping aimless balls straight up the park the majority of the time. I like him at full back and he's getting better defensively but it's like a man down attacking at times. Provided Gallacher can complete two passes it would be an improvement from an attacking point of view, which from what I've seen he is more than capable of.

Limited time you have seen him? He has been at LB for two and a half seasons

If I was Houston I'd probably drop Luca/McCracken, Craigen and Hippolyte for Grant, Taiwo and Henderson. Although it's unlikely Henderson will come in.

Don't reckon there's much difference between which CB is dropped and you could argue the positive/negatives for both. With Craigen and Hippolyte I don't think either is a bad player, but you lose all structure and balance with a winger playing one side and No.10 the other. On limited viewing of the U20s Henderson looks like a left-sided version of Taiwo and the two of them would give a better balance imo.

Wouldn't be against Gallagher coming in and if Shepherd is going to get a game I'd rather it was upfront than out wide.

Drop Hyppolyte? Where exactly is any creativity and pace going to come from?

I meant cause I've not been at as many games this season as I would have liked due to other commitments.

He has certainly not been as good this season as last. However he is not the only one.

The calls for Hippo to be dropped are hilarious :lol: he's set up 1 and scored 3 in his last 2 games. What more do you want from him? I actually think we rely on him too much attacking wise and he'll look much better when the team is more balanced when we sign a right sided player.

I think if his head was screwed in and it didn't drop when things don't go for him, he wouldn't be playing for us.

46 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

The calls for Hippo to be dropped are hilarious :lol: he's set up 1 and scored 3 in his last 2 games. What more do you want from him? I actually think we rely on him too much attacking wise and he'll look much better when the team is more balanced when we sign a right sided player.

I think if his head was screwed in and it didn't drop when things don't go for him, he wouldn't be playing for us.

Come on Hippo's got far too much pace and ability to get into our team. We need more slow plodders like Craigen and Rankin in the side. 

27 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I assume it's trolling. 

Hope so otherwise it proves they don't actually go

Loads of our fans only turn out for SPL home games, cup semis/finals & games against Dunfermline. Saturdays no doubt tragic away support will be testament to that 

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Loads of our fans only turn out for SPL home games, cup semis/finals & games against Dunfermline. Saturdays no doubt tragic away support will be testament to that 

Yep. Tomorrow certainly won't be a vintage crowd.

Shame so few will see us put 4 past Dumbarton 

Of all the players to focus on, our only real creative player isn't the one. You can see in the games when things aren't going right Hippo starts dropping back and playing all over the pitch to bring others into it. If we can get some creativity elsewhere aside from the long punts we've been seeing then the focus will hopefully drop from Hippo.

What does everyone think of this for a midfield?

Taiwo Kerr

Sibbald Craigen Hippolyte

I know it seems a bit daft but Sibbs would be half decent coming inside of the right and would give Lewis Kidd a bit of room to power up the right hand side.

1 hour ago, thelocalcat said:
What does everyone think of this for a midfield?
Taiwo Kerr
Sibbald Craigen Hippolyte
I know it seems a bit daft but Sibbs would be half decent coming inside of the right and would give Lewis Kidd a bit of room to power up the right hand side.

Looks good on paper. It's incredible that we still can't find the best place for Sibbald to play though. Swap Sibbald for craigen and get a new signing in on the right and that could be decent.

There's no deny he's a good player but how can you play a left winger with effectively nobody on the right? If we had any sort or right midfielder Hippolyte would be one of the first names on the team sheet.

[emoji15][emoji15]

Archived