Partick Thistle vs Dundee - Wednesday 28 December

Sore one but our past couple of results mean this isn't the biggest blow in the world. Could have taken massive steps to distancing ourselves from the bottom two but we don't do things the easy way.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Sore one but our past couple of results mean this isn't the biggest blow in the world. Could have taken massive steps to distancing ourselves from the bottom two but we don't do things the easy way.

It's going to be our home form that matters - if that goes we will be well and truly fekked.

At least there are 3 weeks (4 if you don't count the cup game) to add to the squad.  Looking at the bench tonight there was very little in terms of changing it up there.

I don't usually associate Thistle with being a dirty team but 21 fouls seems to indicate otherwise.
I just wish we were a  bit more physical in the middle of the park - instead of giving away fouls in the danger areas.
We also seriously need some creativity added to the midfield.
Farmers match could be big on Saturday - really need to take something out of it as next league game will be the Sheep away at the end of January.

They weren't really as dirty as that stat would indicate.

No goals in our team.

Wighton probably needs dropped. He provided us impetus when we needed it but he's supposed to be the goal getter in the formation we are playing. 2 goals in 17 games isn't good enough for an attacking player regardless if goals isn't your forte - it's still what you'll end up being judged on.

Haber isn't a goalscorer either but he's invaluable to our team and the way we play right now.

Wighton and El Bahk will be very good players for us in time I reckon but neither are what we need at this exact moment.

We need a David Clarkson (By that I mean the job he done when he signed not him or a player that plays the way he does) style signing that can tide us to the end of the season, notch a few goals and allow us to rebuild for the next season

Wighton probably needs dropped. He provided us impetus when we needed it but he's supposed to be the goal getter in the formation we are playing. 2 goals in 17 games isn't good enough for an attacking player regardless if goals isn't your forte - it's still what you'll end up being judged on.

Haber isn't a goalscorer either but he's invaluable to our team and the way we play right now.

Wighton and El Bahk will be very good players for us in time I reckon but neither are what we need at this exact moment.

We need a David Clarkson (By that I mean the job he done when he signed not him or a player that plays the way he does) style signing that can tide us to the end of the season, notch a few goals and allow us to rebuild for the next season

Wouldn't disagree Ludo.

Routine 3 points against a typically limited, bottom-6 outfit. I can just about remember when we were bottom 6, ourselves. Grim memories. Thank God that's all behind us. 

#top6 #highhalfdozen

Solid win, didn't think we were fantastic but the team put in a lot of effort in the 2nd half. Thought Gordon did well when he came on, same with Azeez. Impressed with Barton yet again. Dundee really struggled to create anything, can't think of any clear cut chances that 2nd half.

Good performance overall and putting in a few challenges made a change although five bookings given in 35 minutes seems a bit off.

Decent crowd for us, over 3,700.

Confident of continuing the winning run against Killie on Saturday. 

Dundee need some creativity urgently. 

Is it just me or does the squad seem much fitter the last few weeks?

Excellent performance all round. Only really felt the defence was a bit weaker with Ziggy in the LCB berth second half but still an easy clean sheet.

Dundee were devoid of threat and a bit diddy. Booth placed his free kick perfectly but the wall was gaping and the keeper terribly positioned. Suspect they shouldn't have given Doolan so much space for the well worked rebound second but Erskine should have probably buried it in the first place.

Doolan and Erskine really into a game just now and both Welsh and Edwards performing really effectively.

Special mention for Devine who had a very composed game. He has improved a lot with Barton alongside and a fit Cerny (beautiful time wasting b*****d that he is) behind him.

If we play like this against the teams around us we will be looking at another shout for top six rather than looking for a win to secure safety in April/May.

McGowan needs a slap, picking fights and storms off at the end in a huffpuff cause he got beat

O'Dea is a muppet too

Good 1st half, Dundee had little to none creativity so resorted to hoofball

Welsh being Welsh... misses 5 yard passes and taking too much time on the ball THEN pulls off samba flicks!? But he had a decent game overall with a lot of ball winning etc

Didn't see the Lindsay injury but think i saw him clutch his left hamstring as he went off

3pts

Thank you

Archived