Rangers v Celtic. 31st Dec

One of the best games I've been at in years. We were really poor to start with and I feared the worst when Miller scored but we controlled the game for most parts. Wee Barrie McKay was outstanding for Rangers.

Eh!? You're a Hibs fan...

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye Thomson was a really classy player, it's a shame that injuries for the better of him. Brown was a totally different player at Hibs. I sometimes wonder what Brown would have been like had he went down south.

The gulf is pretty big. Halliday, Holt, Wilson etc are alright if you're Aberdeen or Hearts. I can't think of one Rangers player that would even make the bench at Celtic. I've always thought Rossiter could become a real player but he's been hampered by injury since arriving.

Yeah he briefly signed for tranent juniors scary what happened to him. This is it I mean.i thought Van Dijk would of struggled but he's a class act and getting better each week. The thing is modern day footballers like Brown seem to be a thing of the past the only one I could compare him to who plays in a similar role is Kante.

Awww it's night and day, celtic improved their team with substitutions where rangers IMO weakened there's, waghorn was honking, forester had a key moment when he was brought on and chose the wrong option. As for the lad from Leicester no comment. All in all all us rangers fans have to accept how far behind we are.

Aye Armstrong was fantastic. Brown is guff technically but he's been decent under Rodgers. His "fucking get into him" attitude is perfect for games like today though. Kev Thomson was a superior player in my book but injury done him in.

The thing with the Brown/Thomson partnership back in the day is that they were like chalk and cheese technically and therefore complimented each other perfectly on the pitch.

It's like you're in my head [emoji23][emoji23] spot on. Always thought rangers got the better player when Thomson signed but he was made of class and never lived up to his potential. Yeah Brown is just a shit version of Lennon IMO he's a perfect player for battles but never been a player who will dictate a game. Difference is ability nothing more than quality of players.... each and every player on celtics a bench would start in that rangers team.

I was thinking the same about your posts lol! [emoji1][emoji106]

Yeah he briefly signed for tranent juniors scary what happened to him. This is it I mean.i thought Van Dijk would of struggled but he's a class act and getting better each week. The thing is modern day footballers like Brown seem to be a thing of the past the only one I could compare him to who plays in a similar role is Kante.

Awww it's night and day, celtic improved their team with substitutions where rangers IMO weakened there's, waghorn was honking, forester had a key moment when he was brought on and chose the wrong option. As for the lad from Leicester no comment. All in all all us rangers fans have to accept how far behind we are.

For me, Waghorn should never get a game and get punted at the first opportunity. Along with half the team mind you.

Says it all about Rangers just now that 36 year old Kenny Miller is the best player in the squad. To be fair though he's in far better nick than most 36 year old players and still has a good burst of pace.

59 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

One of the best games I've been at in years. We were really poor to start with and I feared the worst when Miller scored but we controlled the game for most parts. Wee Barrie McKay was outstanding for Rangers.

What can you say about Moussa and Sincs? Outstanding. Starting to think we could go the season unbeaten.

8 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

In fairness, you don't get your dislocated shoulder manipulated at Ross Hall. A&E is the right place for him. Should make for an interesting waiting room at the Southern(?).

The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital actually. Which probably makes it more appropriate

Aye Van Dijk is a quality football player. I thought he may have struggled but he's excelled down south.

Forrester should have slipped Dodoo in when he had the chance. Fair play to yourself mate.

38 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Aye Thomson was a really classy player, it's a shame that injuries for the better of him. Brown was a totally different player at Hibs. I sometimes wonder what Brown would have been like had he went down south.

The gulf is pretty big. Halliday, Holt, Wilson etc are alright if you're Aberdeen or Hearts. I can't think of one Rangers player that would even make the bench at Celtic. I've always thought Rossiter could become a real player but he's been hampered by injury since arriving.

Pretty sure none of those players would get many games for us tbh. I mean they're ok players but probably better at St Johnstone or the likes. 

Archived