Who will be the first team to beat Celtic?

Who'll be the first team to beat Celtic?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ideal scenario is we lose one league game this season and it happens in the last match before the cup final and the ramifications of said defeat prevents a club from qualifying for the Europa League =)

Pretty sure something similar happened in 2000/01 with defeats to Kilmarnock and Dundee that kept Hearts out the UEFA Cup....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guarantee it will be unexpected - against a bottom 6 team - my money's on a team like us or Motherwell.

Agreed. It'll be a day they just take their eye off the ball. I suspect it won't be until after the league is officially won.

23 hours ago, Booker-T said:

Ideal scenario is we lose one league game this season and it happens in the last match before the cup final and the ramifications of said defeat prevents a club from qualifying for the Europa League =)

Pretty sure something similar happened in 2000/01 with defeats to Kilmarnock and Dundee that kept Hearts out the UEFA Cup....

^^^ Big team found, Killie fan without the bus fare, Diet Squirrel etc...

Hearts comfortably beat Dundee 2-0 and with a few minutes to go and no score at Rugby Park Hearts looked set to take the 4th spot thanks to a goal difference that was 16 better, 

Celtic fielded a side which could charitably be called "under strength" at Rugby Park (only Ramon Vega and Rab Douglas would start the cup final on the following weekend) and eventually with nothing but professional pride and integrity to play for they cracked.

It was very much a transitional season for Hearts starting under Jefferies and finishing under Levein and things were about to get better at Tynecastle with the arrival of Mark De Vries

Well they are unbeaten at Ibrox in nearly 6 years (which includes pumping your mob when you shat it in Glasgow again). They've also won twice at Celtic Park in the League since you last won there in the League

Bar the League Cup game at Ibrox Saints lost to first Championship season Sevco when McLeod scored late for a 1-0 win.

Few difficult games coming up Hearts / Dons / St Johnstone, albeit at home and then Saints away. I'd be surprised if we do the full league without loss. We do have better players than the rest of the premiership teams but thankfully football does not always have the  team with the best players winning, just most times.

SO if we do have a defeat in the league hopefully it will be to the nearest teams to taking second spot off The rangers, surprisingly I canny work out if I'd prefer Hearts or Aberdeen to do the dirty deed, normally I'd say the Dons but Hearts are revolting me less and less recently...so I'll plump for St Johnstone:P

I'd like us to relegate Partick Thistle  mind

38 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I am looking forward to their Feb-March slump which will coincide with our shock January signings of messi , Ronaldo and big Jon Daly again who will lead the charge to 55 . 

You heard it here first 

Jon Daly? Dream on!

He's coaching our Under 20s alongside Andy Kirk

I am looking forward to their Feb-March slump which will coincide with our shock January signings of messi , Ronaldo and big Jon Daly again who will lead the charge to 55 . 

You heard it here first 

Don't think you're right. I heard Real Madrid offered Ronaldo plus £20m in cash for Kieran tierney

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don't think you're right. I heard Real Madrid offered Ronaldo plus £20m in cash for Kieran tierney

They are putting the terms together right now for dembele . Latest rumours are the bernabeu is being included in the fee . But Barca are predicted to actually stump their offer by offering Celtic the whole of Catalonia itself . 

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

They are putting the terms together right now for dembele . Latest rumours are the bernabeu is being included in the fee . But Barca are predicted to actually stump their offer by offering Celtic the whole of Catalonia 

I heard they were also interested in Garner. They are prepared to offer an empty paper cup someone found outside the stadium and 10% off a ticket to a home game.

Archived