Ayr Utd vs Dunfermline

Two draws between the sides so far this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see another one.

Raith could've done us a favour by beating them but in true fashion the Pars have crushed our hopes and left us second bottom two points adrift of Dumbarton.

Full squad should be available apart from Moore which is good as we've missed Devlin for the last two games.

Going for a 2-2 draw in this one with much build up pre-game about Adams smashing every Pars player.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've not lost in 7 games or something and disposed of the Wee Team fairly easily so I'm going down with some confidence. A draw wouldn't be the worst result but a win and we open up a bit of a gap on the teams below us and might even have a few dreaming of sneaking into the play-offs at the right end. A loss would be a bit of a backwards step though. Always enjoy my trips to Somerset and the chip van so here's hoping the weather is ok and the pitch fine. 

We seem to have turned a corner and have managed to cut out the stupid mistakes. Confident of a win tbh. Should start with the same team that played today. Wish Morris was available, though. Can't wait to see him in a Pars jersey again. 

47 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Full squad should be available apart from Moore which is good as we've missed Devlin for the last two games.

Can't find the latest SFA Suspensions List online but I'm sure Ross Docherty is banned for this game after picking up 6 yellows (I count his 6th in the league vs QoS on December 24th). 

What's been the problem with Devlin? Is he expected to return for this week? Definitely one of the best full backs in the league and would be a big boost to us if he was still out. 

Can't find the latest SFA Suspensions List online but I'm sure Ross Docherty is banned for this game after picking up 6 yellows (I count his 6th in the league vs QoS on December 24th). 
What's been the problem with Devlin? Is he expected to return for this week? Definitely one of the best full backs in the league and would be a big boost to us if he was still out. 

I think he tweaked his hamstring in training and missed the games vs Dumbarton and Queens. He's been one of our main attacking threats down the right hand side but I think I read somewhere that he should be back for this one.
McCall had said loads of times that he's one of the best right backs not just in the league but in the country.

He's not quite that, I'd probably take him at Dunfermline. Certainly would over Geggan.

I thought we were the better team the last time the sides met but that last game at Somerset was an absolute shit shot, was watching it on a stream and I spent a good proportion of it hoping the stream would crash. Brutal game.

It'll probably be a draw?

Last game at Somerset was one of the poorest you're ever likely to see. Another draw wouldn't be a disaster but I think we have to win. We're on a pretty good run and we need to start moving up the table. Ayr are a team we should be beating if we want to do more than simply avoiding relegation.

I think you have to get rid of Geggan at right back as he's not a defender and has been poor this season. The temptation will be to keep the same side because we beat Rovers but that would be ignoring the fact we were poor for much of that game.

11 hours ago, dafcburty said:

I certainly hope not. Not confident Devlin will be back this weekend either. McCall always says about players coming back early and it never happens.

If we are without both Devlin and Docherty then we are struggling to get even a point. 

Leonard Cohen

Robert Vaughn

Leon Russell

Colonel Abrams

Andrew Sachs

Peter Vaughan

Ian Cartwright

Greg Lake

AA Gill

Ian McCaskill

Walter Swinburn

Zsa Zsa Gabor