Peterhead v Livingston

How do u start this one ? 

We are going through a sticky patch just now, struggling to find that early season form and have lost back to back games for the first time this season. 

Peterhead come into this after a good away win at Brechin. 

It's one apiece with away teams on top although I felt we where extremely unfortunate to lose at home to Peterhead. 

The top 4 all away from home, it could be an interesting day, the league could squeeze closer together or the top 4 could move away from the rest. 

Think we really need to show some steel in this one, think we really missed Cadden at the weekend so hopefully he's back for this one, I don't think the 4,3,3 worked either, so one of Carrick, or Mullen have to drop out for me. 

Anyway, always enjoy my trips up to Peterhead so here's hoping we get back on track with a win, a badly needed one for confidence.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came away from our home game wondering how the feck we lost, that's football!!

Anyway, tricky game for us, never know how games against Peterhead will go, we haven't drawn a game yet this season so i'll go for a narrow Livi win  hopefully. Prob need to get a 2 goal lead to get a win though, going 1 nil up at HT hasn't worked out well in our last two games.

See this match it's drawing a lot of attention from the locals :lol:

Be interesting to see how we line up with Galagher coming in and the likelihood that Mark Millar will be available too. 

Hard to see how we fit Millar in, Byrne out ? and can't see Deccy starting as he wont be match fit but never know. 

Back to having plenty options again that's for sure. 

We were well on top in the game at the vale but didn't put away our chances hoping we can do that this time. Didn't go to the game earlier in the season but did for the cup game last season the journey up is torture never mind the journey back. Nice wee social club although it's full of Rangers strips and when Rangers were on the tele last time Peterhead fans were cheering on the ****. Disgusting.

That hasn't cheered me up.

We were well on top in the game at the vale but didn't put away our chances hoping we can do that this time. Didn't go to the game earlier in the season but did for the cup game last season the journey up is torture never mind the journey back. Nice wee social club although it's full of Rangers strips and when Rangers were on the tele last time Peterhead fans were cheering on the ****. Disgusting.

Yes we do have an element of *** lovers :( the Rangers strips disappeared a while ago though

Wonder what the starting line up will be, both new signing are going to be in the playing squad for this game. Don't know why Cadden wasn't in the squad last week either, maybe got this cold bug that's going about, or if he's going to be fit for this game, impossible to predict our starting eleven.

I don't think we should start Buchanan, Mullen and Carrick, we need one of them to come on as an impact sub when players are getting tired, it gives us a better chance of getting late goals.

We'll have a strong bench though, that's for sure.

I'll be expecting a line up looking something like...
Kelly
Halkett Crighton Gallagher Lithgow Longridge

Mullin Byrne/Millar Pittman De Vita

Buchanan.

He's not going to drop Lithgow as as soon as he was back from suspension he was straight back in the side and Crighton is safe based on the fact he's our captain.

Kelly
Halkett Lithgow(c) Gallagher Longridge
                          Millar
Mullin                                    De Vita
                         Pittman
               Mullen        Buchanan

That's my thoughts, wouldn't be a stretch to see Gallagher come back as captain to be honest but reckon Carrick and Cadden as impact subs can do us well and possibly Crighton if we go 2 up to seal the game out.

Official lineup

Kelly
Halkett Lithgow Gallagher Crighton
Millar Bryne Pittman
De Vita Buchanan Mullen

Seems he's going back to 433 which didn't really work last time. Now especially with a flat back 4 comprised of 4 CBs? Does Hopkin have the balls to drop Crighton or Lithgow? :D 

Just now, ATLIS said:

Buchanan misses another penalty

I think he should be off penalty kick duty now, Mullen was dropped after missing a couple. Maybe Pittman, De Vita or Millar should be given a shot at taking them.

It's tough enough scoring against QP and Peterhead, can't afford to squander gifts like penalties when we get them.

Just now, andylivi1 said:

Like the last game all over, should be out of site at half time. 

2nd half should be interesting when we start bringing sibs on, our shape will chage dramatically, hopefully it will have a positive influence for Livi. Can see Carrick getting another late goal when him and either Cadden or Mullin come on.

Archived