WEST PREM TITLE RACE

kenny131

Looking at the league it's Beiths to lose but the games might catch up with them as it did with Hurlford last season . Pains me to say it all the same. Talbot losing today was a surprise but having seen them I can't say they've impressed. No one has really stood out this season tbh

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could this be the season that we see a rebalancing of the Ayrshire/ Central numbers in Premier/ First division.

Bottom seven in Premier are all Ayrshire and top three in First division are from central area. A long way to go yet though but I fancy the Premier will have at least five central teams next year.

And not before time!

35 minutes ago, lokforever said:

naw it was caused by your player pulling down davie winters as he broke free causing davie to twist his ankle.

Topic is west prem title race..not Pollok wronged again ffs. Dry ur eyes get over it as it won't change what happened.

Nice to see the pollok fans back posting on PnB....must have had a good result 

Could this be the season that we see a rebalancing of the Ayrshire/ Central numbers in Premier/ First division.
Bottom seven in Premier are all Ayrshire and top three in First division are from central area. A long way to go yet though but I fancy the Premier will have at least five central teams next year.
And not before time!

Can see Girvan either promoted or in the play off spot. But could also see
3 Ayrshire sides going down also

Went along to Pollock Talbot today and it's the only game I've seen in this division all season so take this with a pinch of salt, however that Talbot side do not look like a team capable of winning a league.

I was coming out a game last season after a scottish cup victory and someone from the other team support said that team will never win anything ,the rest they say is history.

Talbot will always be there or abouts...Far to much quality in that team but to be. I just feel that some of the lads are getting on a wee bit and the young guys brought in aren't stepping up to the plate yet. 

8 minutes ago, qwerty said:

Talbot will win the league.
Talbot will also progress in the Scottish

If they do then it will be deserved for sure. If we don't retain the cup this year then losing to the 11 time winners is no great shame, but I think we will sneak it.

I think talbot will be there or there abouts. Not their best team but still formidable. Beith are maybe a bit over hyped but I think they must have something. Never a better chance for Roy or Glenafton than this season. Time will tell as they say.

Just now, Lupo said:

I think talbot will be there or there abouts. Not their best team but still formidable. Beith are maybe a bit over hyped but I think they must have something. Never a better chance for Roy or Glenafton than this season. Time will tell as they say.

Over Hyped ?  The whole of 2016 has been near flawless for us, that's 12 months of games not a 5 game spurt.

I can't see past Beith. Very strong team, they'll all no there jobs. Only thing that might catch them out is the amount of games they'll play.

Games times age at the back is Beith's biggest issue. I don't think the older lads can play several games a week, so for me Glens are the team to beat. Also need to consider the Beith V Talbot cup tie - whoever loses may find they are better placed to push in the league.

Totally agree with your view on who ever loses in the Scottish will boost there league hopes. That's why I said the only thing that may go against Beith is long run in the cups etc. It will be very tight anyway.

If they do then it will be deserved for sure. If we don't retain the cup this year then losing to the 11 time winners is no great shame, but I think we will sneak it.

Beith have had a great start to the season, could they retain the cup and win the league possibly, talbot have the edge in my opinion as they have had success season after season , it should be interesting few dark horses in the race ,enjoy folks

History might judge this Beith team the best they had as it's the team who finally won them the holy grail . But in my time I've seen 2 better Beith sides than the current 1.1st would be the league winning side then 2nd would be Dennis Grays semi final team circa 92ish.
This team will take all the plaudits as it's the team who won them the cup but honestly it's no a good team

Topic is west prem title race..not Pollok wronged again ffs. Dry ur eyes get over it as it won't change what happened.
Nice to see the pollok fans back posting on PnB....must have had a good result 

It was a good result, softened them up ready for you to put them out the Scottish in a few weeks time.

Ps- we are not in the title race, but games v us might impact on where the title ends up.

And not before time!

These things always balance off, when the posts were made about 'Ayrshire super premier league' I pointed out that in the early days we had the same situation with central league side, however that quickly changed. Looks like it will be back to a more balanced split this year.

Personally Glad to see the central teams in the top half of the league - and dominating the first.

Archived