WEST PREM TITLE RACE

kenny131

15 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

It kind of confuses me that troon aren't up there for the league and Scottish / west cup wins recently , heading into the ground yesterday and heard their team being read out over the tannoy and when hearing their individual players they're as good as anyone in the west of scotland for me , don't know why their results have been indifferent as I like loads of their players . 

Thats whats wrong at Troon to many big egos in the dressing room all on different wages.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Sat Jan 07 2017 at 22:08, fan of the juniors said:

History might judge this Beith team the best they had as it's the team who finally won them the holy grail . But in my time I've seen 2 better Beith sides than the current 1.1st would be the league winning side then 2nd would be Dennis Grays semi final team circa 92ish.
This team will take all the plaudits as it's the team who won them the cup but honestly it's no a good team

I have to admit I've always felt Dennis's team has been underrated by a lot of our own support.

Maybe we've just been spoiled in recent years.

Dennis raised the club from the doldrums and probably the park being of a much poorer standard didn't help with so many postponements. 

The midfield of Gary Graham, George Coll, Hugh Findlay & John McLaughlin remains my favourite to this day.

I have to admit I've always felt Dennis's team has been underrated by a lot of our own support.
Maybe we've just been spoiled in recent years.
Dennis raised the club from the doldrums and probably the park being of a much poorer standard didn't help with so many postponements. 
The midfield of Gary Graham, George Coll, Hugh Findlay & John McLaughlin remains my favourite to this day.

This is by far the best squad beith have ever had not necessarily best first 11 but they have the knack of getting results from March this year they have been along with Talbot best teams in scotland and have played 6 times 4 draws one of which beith won on pens and 1 win each and as the old saying goes if you finish above Talbot you will probably win the league

54 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

This is by far the best squad beith have ever had not necessarily best first 11 but they have the knack of getting results from March this year they have been along with Talbot best teams in scotland and have played 6 times 4 draws one of which beith won on pens and 1 win each and as the old saying goes if you finish above Talbot you will probably win the league

spot on like to think we will get better once joe gets some games as he has not played for months

1 hour ago, manintheknow said:

If Docherty returns to fitness and McLaughlin stays fit then Beith can beat anyone. If those players aren't available then they might come up short - the first choice full backs are absolutely vital to Beith's set up this season.

In my opinion we've got the best right back in the league in Connor mcglinchey . 

If Docherty returns to fitness and McLaughlin stays fit then Beith can beat anyone. If those players aren't available then they might come up short - the first choice full backs are absolutely vital to Beith's set up this season.

Nicky has been a miss but johnny brought in a decent replacement and won't be long til nicky back playing connor is a great player who can fill in many positions beith have 7 or 8 players who can make up the back 3 4 or 5 whatever is needed in individual games and middle to forward there is so much pace n power hope Tommy Martin stays as he is a valuable member of squad

2 hours ago, classof2010 said:

No way will Talbot finish 4th rob roy got a seriously hard run where points might be hard to come by never mind wins

It's my opinion m8 , they all have hard games in the run in. To say they can't finish well I think the next two weeks are massive for them win these two games could kick lose them n it could be a 4th place finish.

One thing that could work in Beith's favour is Glens, Rob Roy and Talbot have all still to come to Bellsdale where we've only lost twice in 18 months - once to Ladeside 3 days after winning the Cup and once to Morton. We've already went away to all 3 teams and picked up 7 points. Any team who goes on a run has a great chance. Wouldn't rule out Pollok yet either.

22 hours ago, manintheknow said:

You sure know your football They can beat anyone without the above 2 Just makes us a better team when they are playing

It's a very interesting league this season and so hard to call.Will be very pleased for Lok just to consolidate as every single game is a tester!I think it really has evolved into a very challenging league which is what had been hoped.Rabs,Beith,Talbot,Glens all powerful sides with very good squads so the run in should be fascinating.Just glad to have been a lifelong Lok and juniors fan.Lets also keep working on bringing more people into supporting their local sides!

Every game is hard when the pressure is on teams fighting at the bottom as the season goes on can be just as dangerous as a team who have been at the top most of the season..
Teams playing well up to a certain point once the pressure is on can buckle.
A team could relish and thrive playing the higher up teams.

All sorts of scenarios that is why its impossible to say one team has a better run in than the other junior fitba especially isn't played on paper .

Talbot and Glen's home and away pollok and beith away that's 6 very hard fixtures no matter what you say

You sure know your football They can beat anyone without the above 2 Just makes us a better team when they are playing

Well if big Mark doesn't recover that will get its first test a week tomorrow with Docherty already out. Interesting to see Pollok going 352 against Talbot as Beith did earlier in the season in the Scottish. Docherty and McLaughlin are superb in the air on the left side.

So the rabs ain't playing well because they haven't beat Beith once .

We get you don't think they will finish high up be as well just to say it.

Rob roy will finish in top 4 that is a high finish I just think beith Talbot and Glen's are better teams and all 3 Talbot Glen's and robroy have all to visit fortress bellsdale but if beith beat Talbot next week I think fixture pile up might scupper them but they have a better squad than last year

Archived