Ayr United v Morton

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DanielB said:

Out of interest, anyone know how much the club gets for having it televised? Is it enough to outweigh the drop in gate? Or in this case, the drop in price?

You don't get anything for it being televised. The money for all the various TV deals is pooled and split amongst the prize money. 

Edit:  you do get money for being on TV in the Scottish Cup but it's that competition only. 

22 hours ago, itzdrk said:

You don't get anything for it being televised. The money for all the various TV deals is pooled and split amongst the prize money. 

Edit:  you do get money for being on TV in the Scottish Cup but it's that competition only. 

Pretty sure teams got paid for being televised in the Betfred Cup as well.

50 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Pretty sure teams got paid for being televised in the Betfred Cup as well.

You are correct.  I forgot all about the Betfred Cup existing actually. 

Clubs shown live on BT Sport in the group stages will earn £10,000 each. The payment rises to £20,000 per team for games broadcast from the second round to the semis with £30,000 handed to each Betfred Cup finalist.

Will be interesting to see if Duffy goes for Nesbitt or Shankland up top.

I'd personally go Shankand just to give us that physical presence up top. He will be able to hold the ball up a bit more which you probably need away from home.

Move Russell back to left back and Nesbitt to Left Mid. Should hopefully allow us to get plenty of crosses in the box for Shankland to attack.

0-2

1 hour ago, madton said:

Will be interesting to see if Duffy goes for Nesbitt or Shankland up top.

I'd personally go Shankand just to give us that physical presence up top. He will be able to hold the ball up a bit more which you probably need away from home.

Move Russell back to left back and Nesbitt to Left Mid. Should hopefully allow us to get plenty of crosses in the box for Shankland to attack.

0-2

A bit harsh to change the team that strolled past Falkirk though. I'd like to see more of Shankland, but think a bit more technical ability would be an advantage against still-better-than-St-Mirren cloggers like Ayr.

Archived