Football Shirts

15 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Anyone been to the Classic Football Shirts pop-up on Trongate? Wondering if it's worth a visit.

Was at the last one mate just before Covid and heading there tomorrow for a look. 

Worth a visit for sure as you get to see some of the iconic shirts on show in the shop. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 05/03/2022 at 08:45, Luddite said:

Anybody purchased shirts from this site?https://dpretro.com

The website has some cracking shirts I haven’t seen on some of the better known reproduction sites.

They claim to manufacture reproductions and appear to have licensing for adidas, umbro and a wide range of sponsors.  

For those considering ordering online from far flung places, I ended up getting 5 shirts from this site, happy with all of them. Took about 3 weeks to get them though , I think on a literal slow boat from China (or Thailand, so not literal).

Thought they are knock-offs the quality is pretty good and they have some shirts I can’t finals anywhere else. Hibs fans are particularly well-catered for.

I got their Ipswich ‘78 and it’s a beautiful fucking shirt.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, victoriacolmrs said:

Hi, I have some hatters football shirts from the 90’s and wondered the best way to get rid of them? Think some have been used in games and some are signed. Any help would be great.

eBay would be your best bet. Retro shirts tend to go for a lot these days. Match worn and signed ones even more so. Make sure if you use this route that you take photos that clearly show the quality and things like signatures.

Alternatively you could try contacting the various retro shirt websites to see if they'd buy them. Places like Mundial Retro, Cult Kits, Vintage Football Shop etc and see if they'll buy them.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Got myself a Dortmund 89 top from china. Impressed with the quality of it for a 'china' top. 

Strangely, It feels slightly bigger than usual. I know a good few folk have had to size up when getting tops usually. 

• 11 months later...

Was chatting to someone the other day about how attitudes towards old strips have changed.

Back in my school days it was a social faux-pas to wear any strip that wasn't the current one.  If I was a parent who'd forked out every Xmas to stop kids looking like paupers then I'd be raging with this change.

Maybe explains why clubs are trying a bit too hard just now to make up for lost revenue as folk stick with old existing strips?

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Was chatting to someone the other day about how attitudes towards old strips have changed.

Back in my school days it was a social faux-pas to wear any strip that wasn't the current one.  If I was a parent who'd forked out every Xmas to stop kids looking like paupers then I'd be raging with this change.

Maybe explains why clubs are trying a bit too hard just now to make up for lost revenue as folk stick with old existing strips?

What change?