Airdrie v LIVVY - Saturday 19th

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Cant wait to get stuck into those pretentious druggy wronguns LIVVY 

Disappointed at Brechin cancellation. A week is a long time in politics but it can often be true of football as well. Should Livingston win today it gives them a real edge and our record against them has been pretty dire over the last ten years. Maybe the players will want to stop the rot. Certainly worth getting behind the Diamonds

1 minute ago, AMC13 said:

Hope we finish this average shite off once and for all. It would kill their bitterly obsessed fans.

"Bitterly obsessed fans". What do you mean? I'm certainly not. Neither are any of my friends. I don't have any particular bad feelings for any other Club. A pretty broad brush approach.

36 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Disappointed at Brechin cancellation. A week is a long time in politics but it can often be true of football as well. Should Livingston win today it gives them a real edge and our record against them has been pretty dire over the last ten years. Maybe the players will want to stop the rot. Certainly worth getting behind the Diamonds

We're no playing you "today" buddy...

15 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

No indeed. I never said you were but I presume that Airdrieonians do play Livingston next Saturday i.e a week away as I posted? I will obviously be supporting the diamonds.

My mistook CC,just realised you meant todays game at Almondvale. Ps i wouldnt wish this on anyone,surely the 2nd half cant be as bad!!

4 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

My mistook CC,just realised you meant todays game at Almondvale. Ps i wouldnt wish this on anyone,surely the 2nd half cant be as bad!!

Thanks WV. I was almost going to come to the game at Almondvale today but I am sure Mark Wilson will have spotted how to tackle next week's game without my help. Please let us know how Stranraer are set up etc. Is David Farrell their new manager? His book "Taxi for Farrell" is one of the best football accounts I have read in years.

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Thanks WV. I was almost going to come to the game at Almondvale today but I am sure Mark Wilson will have spotted how to tackle next week's game without my help. Please let us know how Stranraer are set up etc. Is David Farrell their new manager? His book "Taxi for Farrell" is one of the best football accounts I have read in years.

Bet you're gutted you didn't go. Wish I hadn't bothered too.

Didn't draw a game all season and now we've drawn our last 2, tbh another draw wouldn't be a bad result, although a win would almost certainly put us out of Airdrie's reach, the main thing is not losing so they don't close the gap on us.

14 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Should the title no be Airddrye v Livvy, if you're going to feck up the spelling of Livi you may as well do the same to Airdrie. 

I fecked the date up on the thread and no one even noticed that.   AirDIRE is my favourite misspell if that's any help?

Gentle wind ups aside I'm really looking forwards to the game.   I have some good personal friends who are involved at LIVVY though neither are drug dealers, convicted thugs or sex offenders (that I know of).

LIVVY's made a few changes from our last meeting and I'm unconvinced it's entirely for the better.   LIVVY were already a big strong team solid team with a lively and prolific forward line, well enough constructed to lose few and score a lot of goals.  

Main difference between the sides was that LIVVY made a hell of a lot fewer stupid mistakes than our team.

But since our last meeting LIVVY now have Dizzy and Dosey playing as full backs.  4 big centre halves at the back plus a geniune defensive centre mid screams route 1 and hard to break down.  Real no-nonsense but a major sting in the tail with Cadden and the front pair capable of anything.   

We've also lost fair and square in our previous 3 meetings.   Our team previously had been an absolute bombscare at the back.   I had felt that by our last couple of meetings there wasn't an awful lot between the sides.   LTO up there we had no Boateng or Ryan and we produced a neat enough display that merely lacked punch as, let's be honest, we are nothing without Ryan.

Now though we have added the excellent looking McGregor at the back along with the experienced Mensing.  Both of these guys are the exact opposite of the previous central defence.  No nonsense, no bullshit.   We also have Jack McKay giving us another goal threat, and the extra defenders mean we can now allow Scott Stewart to push forward.

I can see see us going with a back 3 of McGregor (Scotsman), Mensing (Englishman) and Gorman (Irishman).  No joke.   With Hutton and Conroy now looking the part in centre mid I think we have a really solid base to work off.   I would have McIntosh and McDonald as wingbacks, McIntosh especially at RB as he can do a marking job on Cadden.

The biggest question is what to do up top.  As LIVVY's defence is so big and solid the only way we can turn that positive into a negative by dropping between the lines and running at them.   Ryan and Stewart therefore must be 2 of our front 3.  

I really think this game could be an absolute classic!

Archived