Airdrie v LIVVY - Saturday 19th

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, OTL2014 said:

We haven't put in a good performance against Livingstone all season so we're hopefully due a turn. Tendency for heads to go down if things don't go our way, but if we can take a lead and hold our nerve who knows? 

We seemed resigned to a play-off spot but if Livingstone hit a bad patch and we can go on a run it will make for an interested end to the season.

There isn't an e in Livingston. :thumsup2 

Too much buckie.and glue sniffing has addled these Airdrie cunts brains and turned them all dyslexic.

Have you heard about the dyslexic Airdrie fan who was a devil worshipper, he sold his soul to Santa.

The Airdrie fan that discovered he's both dyslexic and gay, he's still in Daniel.

There isn't an e in Livingston. :thumsup2 

Too much buckie.and glue sniffing has addled these Airdrie cunts brains and turned them all dyslexic.
Have you heard about the dyslexic Airdrie fan who was a devil worshipper, he sold his soul to Santa.
The Airdrie fan that discovered he's both dyslexic and gay, he's still in Daniel.

They are uneducated Fannies. Never came across a thicker set of supporters.

Didn't some Airdrie fans dress up as members of the KKK about 10 years ago?

Between them and our history of money laundering/financial overindulgence, we're some pair. Two cheeks of the same arse, if you will.

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Didn't some Airdrie fans dress up as members of the KKK about 10 years ago?

Between them and our history of money laundering/financial overindulgence, we're some pair. Two cheeks of the same arse, if you will.

It took place at half time at a game in Gretna. I think it was one guy but the newspapers did not find him? Certainly it hung around and was often brought up by many of my colleagues with Old Firm connections as examples of behavior that was worse than theirs.

Regardless of the result on Saturday Livvy will still be top of the league and favourites to win the title. So why are they so poorly supported ? Their highest home attendance this season is 989 with an average of 804. Airdrie's highest home attendance is 1633 with an average of 851. Airdrie's total for the season is 10 215 against Livvy's total of 8 849.

Livingston is the 7th largest city/town in Scotland with a population of 56 570 and is the only senior team in West Lothian. Surely the owners must be gutted with the lack of support ?

Airdrie's population is just over 37 000 with three other senior teams in North Lanarkshire and within throwing distance of the ugly sisters. If we were flying and looking good to win the league I honestly think we'd be averaging over 1000 which still isn't great but it's something that can be built on.

Will Livvy's attendances improve the closer they get to the title or are they stuck at where they are ?

1 hour ago, Nipper said:

Regardless of the result on Saturday Livvy will still be top of the league and favourites to win the title. So why are they so poorly supported ? Their highest home attendance this season is 989 with an average of 804. Airdrie's highest home attendance is 1633 with an average of 851. Airdrie's total for the season is 10 215 against Livvy's total of 8 849.

Livingston is the 7th largest city/town in Scotland with a population of 56 570 and is the only senior team in West Lothian. Surely the owners must be gutted with the lack of support ?

Airdrie's population is just over 37 000 with three other senior teams in North Lanarkshire and within throwing distance of the ugly sisters. If we were flying and looking good to win the league I honestly think we'd be averaging over 1000 which still isn't great but it's something that can be built on.

Will Livvy's attendances improve the closer they get to the title or are they stuck at where they are ?

Too many people here end up with the ugly sisters, a lot moved here from Edinburgh/Glasgow so it's a case of they support who their parents did. Take your pick of Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs and we're left with those who care about the club. There's just not that much interest sadly - even when we're winning the league.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Too many people here end up with the ugly sisters, a lot moved here from Edinburgh/Glasgow so it's a case of they support who their parents did. Take your pick of Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs and we're left with those who care about the club. There's just not that much interest sadly - even when we're winning the league.

Add to that poor Mis-management of our club over last 2 decades and lots of apathy kicks in. 

A support that's divided is also hard, we don't all club together to push things forward. 

The current board wouldn't know how to advertise and properly present a football club if it came up and kicked them in the baws. Whilst near enough every other club in Scotland suffers from the same problem as us (larger top-flight team(s) nearby, bus loads of OF fans leaving on top of that), Livingston don't have the history that other clubs do to pull lapsed fans in. It's a fairly unique problem which perhaps only ICT have in a sense, too. Normally, a pretty complex problem like that would call for something innovative, but the current owners seem to be only interested in what's happening within the confines of the stadium and not much else. Without sounding like a total cock, I even suggested several options to a board member at the fans' forum last summer - I still haven't heard anything back or seen anything remotely related been put into practice.

Now, I'm not a PR or advertising professional, so maybe the ideas were shite, but lack of engagement with people with genuine knowledge are either going to cost the board more, as they said they would fund this season, or in the long-term cause another financial meltdown of the club. But, when the majority of your fan base are apathetic, there's an air of inevitability about it.

FWIW, whilst their own off-field infrastructure on the football side of things seems to be taking a shelling, I must admit a great degree of admiration for Airdrie's Supporters' Trust. Some very innovative ideas and they clearly have very dedicated individuals driving it forward. You wouldn't even think our Supporters' Trust existed.

5 hours ago, Nipper said:

Crowds have been a concern for  a while - it was understandable last season when we could hardly see out a game without folding but this season we have probably found our level.

Normally I would have expected to see an slow increase with the results, particularly considering the temperatures this winter have been better than some others, however that hasn't happened largely due to poor marketing. Actually I'm not absolutely sure most people in Livingston are even aware where the club is.

Archived