Airdrie v LIVVY - Saturday 19th

Not only that, if you then criticise players like that you are accused of somehow not understanding the game are being able to appreciate 'technical players'.

100%. It's like the folk that appreciate these plodders think they operate on some kind of different footballing intellectual level from everyone else who doesn't see it. They remind me of the kind of people that champion obscure bands because they want to appear more hardcore.

Barry Ferguson, Paul mcstay, Darren fletcher, Paul lambert.... that's the only type of player we ever produce and then pretend to ourselves that they're on a par with The Pirlo's of the world.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

100% agree about our midfield. I keep reading on here how good conroy is and how we will be lucky to have him next season?!- him, leitch and Hutton are absolutely bang average players that stand out in no particular way.

It is peculiar the respect that is afforded in Scotland to midfielders that just do nothing much other than the basics in terms of keeping possession on a semi- consistent basis.

We are masters at producing midfielders that are risk averse, can't shoot, lack the ability or desire to play an incisive pass, drive with the ball or put in a hard tackle.

I don't get to many games these days but i totally agree although would add that an even bigger issue is that,Conroy, Leitch, Hutton and Fitzpatrick are all completely devoid of pace. Also having just watched the highlights, Cadden was toying with Conroy who reacted and the red card was justified on the tackle alone and not the girly handbags after.

13 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Boils down to one team that has bought and signed wisely and built strong team and one that lurches from one clusterfuck to another.

I'll ya'll guess which is which.

Not entirely true, we did try to sign Cadden, Lithgow and Crighton but simply Livingston offered more dough.

Nice post, full of charm.

Mind the gap as you go.[emoji14]

There is no doubting we are pish and your team is far superior. But we have history, a community and longstanding traditions and memories passed down the generations. Even if we have been known for being scum bags at least we were known.

Livvy are just a nothing club franchise That stand for nothing. That's no disrespect to you or others on here that are as dedicated fans as any of ours. But there is not a chance I'd ever be jealous of Livvy for anything.

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

To be honest I though Airdrie competed reasonably for the first 40 minutes and the speed of the number 9 did create some problems for Gallagher although the fact that he was reportedly suffering from flu didn't help. That being said for all the effort I cant recall one good shot on goal that required Kelly to make any type of save.

Frankly in the second half it became less and less of a competition. The Airdrie team's collective heads went down and it appeared that whoever the captain was did nothing to build them up again. The central defence looked more and more shaky (have they actually played together before) but what really got me was that once the third goal went in the forward line ceased tracking back to help. Okay, the game was over, but that kind of reaction was totally disrespectful for the Airdrie supporters who had actually paid to come and watch. In fact the only time I noticed Russell back was when the young lad had needlessly got himself sent off.

From my personal perspective though I must say that it was an absolute pleasure to see football being played on a flat surface after the tattie field wed experienced the week before. I'm not sure how much that cost but it was worth every penny. It took many of our guys 15 - 20 minutes to get used to the bounce but once they did it was an excellent surface.

And £2 to park a car is completely reasonable (notice I fail to mention that it continues to cost £5 at the Vale).

Aye but unless you know some way to sneak in you're stuck with the £16 gate price, compared to our £12 charge.

Agree with you on their pitch though, wish tae feck we'd get a 3G pitch, we'd at least be able to play some passing football and run with the ball without it getting stuck in the much or bobbling about all over the place on all the divots.

Thought their left winger looked good, he always tried to get past Crighton and Gallagher and made runs to hit the bye line. It was uncharacteristic of Gallagher to get left for dead so often but his long legs recovered enough to stretch in to get a tackle on the ball, hopefully he's feeling a bit more like himself on Tues.

There is no doubting we are pish and your team is far superior. But we have history, a community and longstanding traditions and memories passed down the generations. Even if we have been known for being scum bags at least we were known.

Livvy are just a nothing club franchise That stand for nothing. That's no disrespect to you or others on here that are as dedicated fans as any of ours. But there is not a chance I'd ever be jealous of Livvy for anything.

IMG_1487512235.924990.jpg

Just now, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Not actually true, our club's history goes back to Ferranti, then Meadowbank, so you're just making shit up, I know some Meadowbank fans that are now Livi supporters.

Airdrie actually went into Liquidation and bought over another team's registration, we moved ground for a 2nd time and relocated to Livingston. Under our new name we actually have more history than your new team Airdrie Utd, who after several years were then were allowed to use Airdrieonian again. I think i'd take our League cup win and playing in Europe over anything Airdrie have done since their liquidation and revival under another team's registration.

We are a new club. We ain't in denial about that like Rangers. But a football club is far more than a team on a park and a league registration.
It's the fans, their shared memories, experiences, emotions, characters, stories(often distorted and exaggerated) legends that bind them together things that Livvy have a scarcity of .

59 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Not entirely true, we did try to sign Cadden, Lithgow and Crighton but simply Livingston offered more dough.

We didn't offer more dough we offered longer contracts, think that made it a fairly simple decision for both Lithgow and Crighton. 

Does your stories go back much further than mine like, or the Livi fans than also went to Meadowbank games? I've followed Livi for 20 years and have some amount of memories, winning leagues, from the bottom tier to the top and back down, a couple of cup wins, playing in Europe after finishing 3rd in the SPL, 2 admins and several basket case owners taking us along in a rollercoaster of a ride. I'd say I've got jam packed memories in my 20 years of supporting Livi. Took my daughter to games when she was younger too, and then my dad became a ST holder, had the whole family at Hampden for our cup win over Hibs, nah you can't say I've no memories, emotions, stories of good and bad times following Livi. 

Seen some fantastic players coming up through our youth academy too (Snoddy, Dorrans, Griffiths, Scougall etc), and got a couple off Airdrie when Archibald brought them over, Fernandez is still one of my favourite Livi players, up there with big Marvin Andrews and Davy Bingham.

We didn't offer more dough we offered longer contracts, think that made it a fairly simple decision for both Lithgow and Crighton. 

Regardless of contracts and wages we also had the downside of the apparently duplicitous b*****d King being involved in negotiations.

In the grand scheme of things, you're just as meaningless as we are. We won, you lost. Reverting to "we have more history" chat just makes you sound like a bad loser.

37 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Regardless of contracts and wages we also had the downside of the apparently duplicitous b*****d King being involved in negotiations.

Bingo, Livingston offered a contract, someone at our club never. 

Archived