Airdrie v LIVVY - Saturday 19th

LIVVY thoroughly deserved the win, and barring a bright first half hour we were pathetic.
Great strike from Crighton and he actually suits the full back role.
My heart sank when I saw our formation and second rate, junior league tactics.
Well done to the Medellin wannabes.

AYRDRYYYYY were destroyed by LIVI.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airdrie were Airdrie. Uninspiring and pretty poor this season. Despite some of our fans hailing our midfield players, once again they were posted missing.

There wasn't much between the teams in the first half though they were far more professional, insomuch as they knew when to dive, when a shove is enough etc etc. Our players simply can't do that.

The second half was easy for them. We lost it and looked like relegation fodder.

The only positive is that the Livvy fans are still raging about our spelling...

1 minute ago, Pesadilla said:

Airdrie were Airdrie. Uninspiring and pretty poor this season. Despite some of our fans hailing our midfield players, once again they were posted missing.

There wasn't much between the teams in the first half though they were far more professional, insomuch as they knew when to dive, when a shove is enough etc etc. Our players simply can't do that.

The second half was easy for them. We lost it and looked like relegation fodder.

The only positive is that the Livvy fans are still raging about our spelling...

Aw bless. But i'd rather have the 4-0 win and be top of the league for bragging rights to lord it over you.:thumsup2

AYRDRYYYYY were AYRDRYYYYY . Uninspiring and pretty poor this season. Despite some of our fans hailing our midfield players, once again they were posted missing.

The only positive is that the Livi fans are still raging about our spelling...

Fixed

On 18 February 2017 at 00:32, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

C'mon Airdrie get fucked into these c***s if we play we played the last 30 minutes against Peterhead we will walk over them 

2-0 Airdrie 

Eio♦️

12 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Mon Airdrie get into this violent, tag wearing, drug dealing, sex offender, money laundering, plastic fan, shit drummer, shrek manager, LIVVY, sh*te.

8 hours ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Yeez are Shite much did you's pay the ref?

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, printer said:

Why are Livi fans such charmless c*nts?

I think if you read through the thread from the start, Airdrie fans have been at the wind up for most of it, Livi fans just getting there own back after the result. 

3 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I think if you read through the thread from the start, Airdrie fans have been at the wind up for most of it, Livi fans just getting there own back after the result. 

To be fair, we could only be at the wind up pre-match as our utterly useless management would give us no chance after the game.

100% agree about our midfield. I keep reading on here how good conroy is and how we will be lucky to have him next season?!- him, leitch and Hutton are absolutely bang average players that stand out in no particular way.

It is peculiar the respect that is afforded in Scotland to midfielders that just do nothing much other than the basics in terms of keeping possession on a semi- consistent basis.

We are masters at producing midfielders that are risk averse, can't shoot, lack the ability or desire to play an incisive pass, drive with the ball or put in a hard tackle.

There is a certain irony that Crighton and Lithgow were said to be donkeys last season by lots of our support, and yesterday the first goal from Crighton was a 25 yard volley that Ronaldo would have been proud of, and the third goal starts with Lithgow ripping the pish at his own corner flag. As I said numerous times last season, be careful what you wish for. Gorman is still no better and doesn't have the excuse of Boateng alongside him, Mensing has improved us slightly back there but that's not saying much, he also wins nothing in the air.

There isn't a single player from our team who would get in their team. Obviously that's mainly down to money, but at the same time Hopkin built a side to win the league, whereas we made some horrendous judgements on players and wasted what money we had. He knew he needed players at the back who could attack the ball so signed Lithgow and Crighton, and Halkett particularly I thought was superb. They won absolutely everything. Once you have that base you can then trust your quality in the final third to get goals and that's what happened.

Compare that to our shambles of a recruitment policy and it's no suprise we are so far behind. The manager/coach will always take the blame, and I was critical of appointing someone with no experience like Wilson. However this season has been almost entirely down to the poor recruitment. McBride and Wilson's records are pretty much the same which shows the impact of them is negligible given the players we have.

53 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

100% agree about our midfield. I keep reading on here how good conroy is and how we will be lucky to have him next season?!- him, leitch and Hutton are absolutely bang average players that stand out in no particular way.

It is peculiar the respect that is afforded in Scotland to midfielders that just do nothing much other than the basics in terms of keeping possession on a semi- consistent basis.

We are masters at producing midfielders that are risk averse, can't shoot, lack the ability or desire to play an incisive pass, drive with the ball or put in a hard tackle.

Not only that, if you then criticise players like that you are accused of somehow not understanding the game are being able to appreciate 'technical players'. Conroy is without doubt the best player we have technique wise, but he doesn't impact the game enough. Whether that is down to him, down to the role he is given or just the players around him is up for debate.

To be honest I though Airdrie competed reasonably for the first 40 minutes and the speed of the number 9 did create some problems for Gallagher although the fact that he was reportedly suffering from flu didn't help. That being said for all the effort I cant recall one good shot on goal that required Kelly to make any type of save.

Frankly in the second half it became less and less of a competition. The Airdrie team's collective heads went down and it appeared that whoever the captain was did nothing to build them up again. The central defence looked more and more shaky (have they actually played together before) but what really got me was that once the third goal went in the forward line ceased tracking back to help. Okay, the game was over, but that kind of reaction was totally disrespectful for the Airdrie supporters who had actually paid to come and watch. In fact the only time I noticed Russell back was when the young lad had needlessly got himself sent off.

From my personal perspective though I must say that it was an absolute pleasure to see football being played on a flat surface after the tattie field wed experienced the week before. I'm not sure how much that cost but it was worth every penny. It took many of our guys 15 - 20 minutes to get used to the bounce but once they did it was an excellent surface.

And £2 to park a car is completely reasonable (notice I fail to mention that it continues to cost £5 at the Vale).

Archived