Airdrie v LIVVY - Saturday 19th

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

I'm not using it as an excuse,Airdrie were shite granted but the referee was shocking every time a livi player squealed it was a foul to you's still don't know why the Russell goal was disallowed?

We've said the same this season too, referees at this level are for sure unreliable but I don't think today was largely down to the ref. More so down to Mensing :D:D:D 

Embarrassing.

Fair play to Livi, absolutely bossed that second half after a fairly unlucky deflection for their second.

Thought we were well in the game at half time, however you really need to question the mentality of the players and management to completely implode like that.

Referee was absolutely hopeless as well, for both sides.

Well there you go. Humped by Livi again. You have to be honest and say that Livi are too good for us. There are a strong physical team with menace going forward and we don't have the players to deal with them. We competed in the first half but we're nowhere in the second. I don't think you can say that players are not trying, we're just not good enough. I really don't want us to go up with this team unless somebody can magic up a completely new back 4. 

It's really annoying when one of our best players gets sent off. Needs to show more discipline. Same thing happened with Ryan earlier in the season.

I'm not using it as an excuse,Airdrie were shite granted but the referee was shocking every time a livi player squealed it was a foul to you's still don't know why the Russell goal was disallowed?

"Airdrie were shite granted".
There's no need to type anything else after that.
YEEEEZ WERE SHITE.

19 minutes ago, waysider said:

Well there you go. Humped by Livi again. You have to be honest and say that Livi are too good for us. There are a strong physical team with menace going forward and we don't have the players to deal with them. We competed in the first half but we're nowhere in the second. I don't think you can say that players are not trying, we're just not good enough. I really don't want us to go up with this team unless somebody can magic up a completely new back 4. 

It's really annoying when one of our best players gets sent off. Needs to show more discipline. Same thing happened with Ryan earlier in the season.

Yup, humped again by the Sean crightons of this world, deemed not good enough for our pie in the sky dreams. We really know what we r trying to achieve. 

To be honest I'd be hard pressed to name a single Airdrie player who played well. Ryan tried hard but can't do it on his own. Difficult to pick out a poor performance because there were so many but I'm prepared to make an exception in naming Gorman who had a nightmare. On second thoughts maybe I'm being unfair to him. At least he got on the scoresheet!

Well that's the goal difference back to -5. For an ex-defender managing a full-time team in this league is nothing short of a disgrace. Having said that, I don't know what position Jennow played or plays. Afterall, it seemed to be him in charge today. The number of times Wilson looked to him as if to say what will I do now. From where I was sitting, it looked like it was Jennow that made the decision to bring the subs on.

8 minutes ago, waysider said:

To be honest I'd be hard pressed to name a single Airdrie player who played well. Ryan tried hard but can't do it on his own. Difficult to pick out a poor performance because there were so many but I'm prepared to make an exception in naming Gorman who had a nightmare. On second thoughts maybe I'm being unfair to him. At least he got on the scoresheet!

After losing first goal-some strike as well- were never in it; outplayed/outpassed/out thought and woeful against a professional team. Conroy let his frustration get to him but in the 90th minute+? Livingstone are streets ahead and I can't understand how they lost to other sides. Wilson clearly did not do much of a research job last week and we constantly played high balls to an inept young forward. Gave Ryan pass marks and possibly Conroy but so slow and predictable. How we are still in top four is hard to believe but the next few games could see that negative slide continue.

Footballing masterclass from Livi in the 2nd half, best game of the season from Livi.

Longridge on in LM was a surprise, looked far better with him in the team and a lot more comfortable in defence with Longridge covering the LB position too. All 4 CB's played a blinder, Halkett just shaves it for me though, won everything that came his way, best I've seen from Lithgow and Crighton all season too. Gallagher looked a bit off the pace at times but made up for it with great tackling, read he'd had a touch of flu so that would explain him going off and looking a bit shaded.

Crighton's goal was a fecking peach, came just after Beany got away with stamping studs up on Longridge's le, and was the perfect reply to those Airdrie mongs booing Longridge for being fouled. Feck knows how Beany never got a yellow, looked a straight red card for dangerous play.

2nd half was something else from Livi, 2nd goal onwards we bossed it, quite funny when Beany's goal wasn't given for offside too, esp with the Airdrie fans still celebrating. Mullen's goal was superb, good play leading up to it too, and the build up play and finish for Cadden's goal was equally good. Was bursting for the big man to score, held off 3 defenders and got in on goal, only to drag his shot wide, looks a good addition to our squad though, big strong lad. Rafa had a good impact on the game as well, ripped Airdrie a new one at times with his skill, and got a player booked for losing the heid and kicking him. Dunno what the Airdrie player was thinking getting sent off for a punch, c**** had lost the plot by then. Laughing

We really need to get a plastic pitch next season, much, much better seeing us play on Airdrie's pitch today, compared to our tattie field last week.

Can't disagree with much of the above post except for Russell/Longbridge incident. Was a foul as boot was too high but never a booking. Had a great view of it and Longbridge was at it. He was running about a minute later. Ref wasn't taken in by him.

The above makes no difference to my general view that Livi won out the park.

20 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We've said the same this season too, referees at this level are for sure unreliable but I don't think today was largely down to the ref. More so down to Mensing :D:D:D 

You're bald and you're shit, you're bald and you're shite, Simon Mensing you're bald and you're shite........................:lol:

Just now, waysider said:

Can't disagree with much of the above post except for Russell/Longbridge incident. Was a foul as boot was too high but never a booking. Had a great view of it and Longbridge was at it. He was running about a minute later. Ref wasn't taken in by him.

The above makes no difference to my general view that Livi won out the park.

Was right in front of us Livi fans, Russell made a studs up stamp into Longridge's leg, couldn't believe he just got a talking to, was at least a yellow and imo a straight red. The one he got booked for prob wasn't a yellow so it evened itself out later, for at least getting a yellow. Fecknows what the Airdrie fans were booing Longridge for, sure as feck wasn't play acting being injured, took studs into his leg and was a sore one.

Archived