Hibernian vs Dunfermline

1 minute ago, LondonHibsFan said:

I think the thinking hope is that we'll do enough to get up this season regardless. I genuinely think it's harder for us to play sides like Dunfermline and Ayr than the top flight sides. Our record against them in the cups reflect that. I think it's currently 12 games, 7 wins, 4 draws and a defeat since we've gone down.

We have comfortably matched Ross County twice, Hamilton twice (and being royally screwed out of it both times :thumbsdown) and beaten Dundee in the past couple of seasons, it's a lot easier to raise your game for one off cup ties where there is everything to gain and very little to lose, playing them week in week out would be a different story entirely I expect.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oddly enough I think if we'd settled for a point after the equaliser Hibs would've won the game, possibly comfortably.

They really couldn't deal with us attacking them in numbers, albeit the 90 mins midweek against Hearts will have taken its  toll on Hibs. 

Hibs are a very decent side but I suspect if a few more sides were willing to have a go at Easter Road the league would be far more competitive than it is. As it is I'd imagine Hibs will be at least 12 points clear come the end of the season. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Oddly enough I think if we'd settled for a point after the equaliser Hibs would've won the game, possibly comfortably.

They really couldn't deal with us attacking them in numbers, albeit the 90 mins midweek against Hearts will have taken its  toll on Hibs. 

Hibs are a very decent side but I suspect if a few more sides were willing to have a go at Easter Road the league would be far more competitive than it is. As it is I'd imagine Hibs will be at least 12 points clear come the end of the season. 

I really doubt that. Our defence can be sketchy, but yours will be worse.

We gained a point here. Scoring has been our problem, for a few seasons.

1 minute ago, HaikuHibee said:

We gained a point here. Scoring has been our problem, for a few seasons.

That's largely because you only have one player in the entire squad capable of scoring on any kind of regular basis.

1 minute ago, HaikuHibee said:

Erm, that's exactly the point I was making. We'd have lost the game if we'd attempted to defend the point because our back 4 is honking. 

Hibs are pretty much similar to what we were last season. Able to buy themselves the league and only one real contender who faded after the new year. We were able to raise our game for cup matches but when you go up you'll find a few players not up to it.

4 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

This Dundee Utd game in a couple of weeks time is now a lot more important than it should be.  Assuming things stay roughly the same before then the team will have put themselves under a lot of unnecessary pressure when they go there.

Beating St Mirren on Wednesday is a must. Otherwise, as you say, we'll be under huge pressure for the United game. 

McGinn was utterly woeful tonight. Fyvie the same and he can't use the tiredness excuse. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see us f**k it up in this league again. As Lennon said after the Hearts game, this squad we've got go from the sublime to ridiculous in a flash. So frustrating. 

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Hibs are pretty much similar to what we were last season. Able to buy themselves the league and only one real contender who faded after the new year. We were able to raise our game for cup matches but when you go up you'll find a few players not up to it.

Hibs are doing nothing like what we did last year, United are only 3 points further behind now than they were after the new year game against Hibs.

Hibs were aiming to do exactly what we did last season but are failing to do it, we were also regularly humping teams by four or 5 goals every few games.

Hibs are doing nothing like what we did last year, United are only 3 points further behind now than they were after the new year game against Hibs.
Hibs were aiming to do exactly what we did last season but are failing to do it, we were also regularly humping teams by four or 5 goals every few games.

Not quite.

After we beat Forfar 4-0 in our 11th game it would take until our 26th game to win another game by 4 or 5 goals. We did lose only 1 game in that time though against Airdrie on BBC Alba.

We only lost three games before we won the league title which was pretty decent.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Not quite.

After we beat Forfar 4-0 in our 11th game it would take until our 26th game to win another game by 4 or 5 goals. We did lose only 1 game in that time though against Airdrie on BBC Alba.

We only lost three games before we won the league title which was pretty decent.

we did score 3 or more 4 times in the intervening games, my point was more about us scoring a fuckload of goals, given that is something hibs are struggling to do.

Archived