Killie v Motherwell

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm weirdly looking forward to this.

Griffiths(if he's any good, I've no idea)

Tait Heneghan Mchugh Jules

Ainsworth Lucas Clay Pearson

McDonald Moult

You cannot be serious.

First McGhee goes then you drop Samson.

You've got to be kidding.

Gee us a chance eh?

I'm weirdly looking forward to this. 

Griffiths(if he's any good, I've no idea)

Tait Heneghan Mchugh Jules

Ainsworth Lucas Clay Pearson

McDonald Moult

I'm interested to see what happens with the team selection now given that the first thing Craigan did when he took interim charge was immediately bin guys like Jake Taylor.

I wasn't hugely impressed by Griffiths in the u20s highlights I watched but f**k it, I've been consistently unimpressed with Samson;

Griffiths

Tait Heneghan McHugh McMillan

Ainsworth Cadden Lasley Pearson

McDonald Moult

Did Baraclough, Black & McCall all have personal dislikes for him too, when they left him out? 

There is no question Ainsworth has the ability.  However, his performances over the last 12-18 months simply haven't been good enough.  Who would you have preferred over the last 12 months to be playing on the right - Cadden or Ainsworth? 

2 minutes ago, Desp said:

Did Baraclough, Black & McCall all have personal dislikes for him too, when they left him out? 

There is no question Ainsworth has the ability.  However, his performances over the last 12-18 months simply haven't been good enough.  Who would you have preferred over the last 12 months to be playing on the right - Cadden or Ainsworth? 

That's 100% fair. I don't think it was a personal dislike that was the reason McGhee wasn't playing him, it was simply that he felt we had a better option in Cadden.

McGhee tried to fit Ainsworth in on numerous occasions and for whatever reason it didn't work. Most recently he tried him as a 2nd striker against Hearts and he was...hardly a success. The fact that Baraclough, Black & McCall chose to omit him from their sides is something that's conveniently overlooked when people are looking to push the "McGhee froze Ainsworth out" narrative.

Whether that's down to Ainsworth's attitude or not IDK but he was back on to the bench as an unused sub against Aberdeen and by all accounts the only reason he was on the bench against Celtic was due to Hammell's injury. After that he was playing for the 20s against Dunfermline and dropped from the squad completely against Dundee.

For me Cadden's been increasingly less effective wide right, there's every chance that may be down to the calf injury he picked up and has possibly never quite recovered from but similarly it may be that full backs and wide midfielders have worked out his "roll the opposition player and run with the ball" move. That's not a dig at Cadden he's clearly a very talented midfielder but I can't help but feel that there need to be some sort of changes to the side and there's an argument that by moving him in one he may well be a better option at RCM than Clay or Lucas than he is at RM for Ainsworth.

You cannot be serious.
First McGhee goes then you drop Samson.
You've got to be kidding.
Gee us a chance eh?

I'm starting to think the other eleven have a conspiracy to get us fucking relegated.

Cadden may not have been firing on all cylinders in his usual fashion however his final ball remains excellent, I'm thinking specifically of his cross for Moult at Ibrox.

I'm similar to Yassin, I'm an Ainsworth fan and I maintain he just wasn't getting a chance under McGhee. When he started, he was often hooked early and not given a sniff for another couple of months or given 10 mins at the end and expected to somehow conjure up a miracle. We all know Lionel is a confidence player and I could literally feel it being sapped from him every time he got subbed. Now obviously I'm not claiming he should never be subbed however when was the last time we saw him get 90 minutes? Every time things weren't working McGhee's response seemed to be to take him off.

If there were a way to get them both in the team, that would be best. It just so happens that we have two quality players who play wide right roles. Shame we don't have such bountiful choice in other positions.

On 28/02/2017 at 08:11, Squirrelhumper said:

That's quite funny from a team that's finished bottom of the league, been in admin and not won anything for 25 years!

Truth is I would expect that drivel from certain other fans. 

Killie have a been a model of fiscal prudence. Banks were not doing deals when we went into Admin...

3rd longest stay in the top flight and most successful provincial side in Scotland including Killie.

But if it makes you feel better...

If anything demonstrates how far we have fallen since Xmas - this post achieves that.
When Kilmarnock fans start using phrases like we should really win this.....the game is a bogey.  Time for a new Manager.

That's quite funny from a team that's finished bottom of the league, been in admin and not won anything for 25 years!

f3044524bd1a8b614928238bea52a7f0.jpg

10 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Truth is I would expect that drivel from certain other fans. 

Killie have a been a model of fiscal prudence. Banks were not doing deals when we went into Admin...

3rd longest stay in the top flight and most successful provincial side in Scotland including Killie.

But if it makes you feel better...

Totally agree m8

Don't know how to feel about this. We have been pretty decent lately without really winning many games. Motherwell seem to be absolutely incapable of defending and of course have the worst keeper in the league in goals, so that's something. 

We look to have tightened up under Jig and cut out the goofball. As a result players like McKenzie and Longstaff are playing with a confidence. Add Sammons work rate into the mix and dare I say it, Boydy, then we could easily take 3 points if we play the way we did against Aberdeen and saints. 

Pretty hard to judge though. Hopefully Boyd stays in defence beside Ajer as I think he provides a bit of solidity. He's pretty limited in terms of technical ability, unlike Ajer, however he is a good old fashioned, no nonsense centre back whereas Ajer is more of a ball playing defender. Taylor and Hendrie pick themselves at full back as usual which is fine, both are good solid players at this level. 

Would be really, really happy if we win this because we haven't won a lot of games this season but in comparison to other bottom six teams we haven't lost a lot either. Games like this one are the ones we really need to start winning if we want to start looking up the table. I don't think it will be as easy as some people think to win this one though and I would say the same even if McGhee was still in charge of the Well. We need to be focused from the get go like we have done against Hearts, Dundee and Rangers at home this season to take something. 

After the various results on Tuesday and Wednesday, this has become a massive game for us.

It seems as though every result has gone against us. Partick, Ross County, Accies and Dundee have all taken points off top 4 teams - the same top 4 teams which beat us quite easily. In the last few weeks we've gone from being quite shite to extremely shite. Our goal difference is horrendous.

I feel if we lose on Saturday then we'll become favourites for relegation (if we aren't already).

10 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

It seems as though every result has gone against us. Partick, Ross County, Accies and Dundee have all taken points off top 4 teams - the same top 4 teams which beat us quite easily. In the last few weeks we've gone from being quite shite to extremely shite. Our goal difference is horrendous.

I feel if we lose on Saturday then we'll become favourites for relegation (if we aren't already).

I know the feeling all too well. That was pretty much us last year - any time we needed a particular result to go our way we'd lose and the result we were after in other games wouldn't materialise. This week's set of results haven't been good for either team particularly, especially with Accies unexpectedly beating Aberdeen. This game on Saturday is now absolutely massive and while I was looking forward to it at the start of the week, it's now starting to fill me with dread as over the past few seasons this is exactly the sort of game we'd have lost. Couple that with the fact that we are very good indeed at gifting sides in need of points and you can maybe understand why I'm not so confident.

To balance that out though, we have been very good in the two games that Jig's been in charge (with the exception of the final ten minutes against Aberdeen). So, who knows?

22 hours ago, Estragon said:

I'm starting to think the other eleven have a conspiracy to get us fucking relegated.

Aye and not before time.

The Championship needs a strong Ayrshire derby.

Archived