Montrose v Annan

I cannot actually believe that Gavin Ross gave Annan any advantage, as he's been the worst referee I've ever seen take charge of a game at Galabank.
As for the long ball game, if we play that way till the end of the season and make the playoffs that's fine by me. 4 wins in a row isn't a fluke, and to think most fans thought we were heading for relegation a couple of months ago.

Annan have been on the end of inept refereeing on many an occasion to their cost so good to see the pendulum swinging our way. Is the point about inept referees not that Scottish football is full of them and week after week,right through all the divisions I see reporting on their failings. What really pisses me off the the fact that despite there being a linesman on either side of the pitch, oops sorry did I say linesman when they should be referred to as ,referees assistants, they are as inept as, or often worse than the man in the middle. Certainly little evidence to see them 'assisting' the referee. We all blame the refs when I see little evidence of lazy, spineless linos getting involved and helping out. Time to sort this mess out methinks. Mon the Annan.

very niggly team to play against. - lost count of the number of clear fouls/man grappling/sly shirt tugging carried out by Annan that went unpunished. Still should have got a draw at very least.

21 hours ago, athletic 1 said:

I cannot actually believe that Gavin Ross gave Annan any advantage, as he's been the worst referee I've ever seen take charge of a game at Galabank.

Agree, I don't think he deliberately gave Annan any advantage, and as I said above I don't begrudge Annan at all. It just happened that way and you got lucky but for the officials to anger so many people both on and off the pitch and of both clubs all afternoon was unbelievable. Unfortunately the Mo were on the end of most of it and the decision for the first goal set the tone for the whole game. That not only affected the result but was also in my opinion the reason for so many yellow cards and then a red one. Anyway, draw a line under it and move on, hopefully without Mr Ross for the rest of this season - for both of us. 

Archived