World Champs Humiliated (again)

HOMBRE

Cricket is played by more people in Scotland than Football is. FACT

Maybee Owen was disguarded. He still had the best strike rate in the best league in the world.

The players I mentioned were born in cental london. I forgot David Beckham in that list by the way.

Wow, you add central america into the list of nations playing baceball. If thats all you can come up with fine. It doesnt make it a bigger sport that either cricket or rugby.

And why would your money be on Germany? England have a better recent record than them. We all know though, that if England werent your rivals, you would more likely be backing us than Germany.

And no, we dont wonder why you hate us. We know its all jealousy.

681391[/snapback]

More people in Scotland play cricket than Football? Really! Jings! Ive never seen them - who told you that?

Maybe Owen isnt as good as you think. After all Real saw him every week.

There are a lot of people in central america - add that to North America & Far east - comes to rather more than the Old Rugby/cricket playing empire. At any rate it is an example of a popular sport ignored by the english media. Like a fair few others - presumably on the grounds that Ingland have zero chance at it

Germany are the host nation and tend to do well at WC finals - have been in rather more finals than England

And its not jealousy - its ure delusions of grandeur - or are Northern Ireland suddenly one of the best teams in the world

Anyway off and watch English football - and dream of David Beckham lifting the World Cup

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MichaelCollins
Twat is all I can say about you. Dont fool yourself!!! I know all about cricket and how big it is in the world. What I am saying is, you havent got a clue on what are the big sports in this world. As cricket is the national sport for India and Pakistan, that means it is the national sport in 1/5th of the world at least. Not a minor sport. I couldnt care whether Scotland bat an eyelid, because englishmen couldnt really care what you think.

Basketball world cup was on eurosport but isnt taken that seriously by basketball fans around the world.

I was actually in Zabreh, a Czech town in the heart of the Czech Republic during the Ice hockey world cup in May. The Czechs loved winning that world cup and enjoyed the night after they won it. I was actually there when they won it. I was also in Prague on the night they celebrated their victory with their fans in the old square. I know how big of a sport it is. People like you dont need to tell me because I celebrated them winning it with them. I know how big of a sport it is, thats why i mentioned Ice hockey and basketball being rivels to cricket and rugby in the worlds biggest sports. I couldnt give two shites whether scottish people rated the sports or not.

681390[/snapback]

Watch who you go round calling a twat!

And I dont give two shites about the self opinionated crap of some idiot Englishmen who deems himself able to denounce what is diddy and what is great. cricket is played by 5th countries. i dont care about the size of them. And going on that, the olympics Basketball finals meant more than the bloody Ashes or even the rugger world cup, since more people were intrested in it. Argentina, Brazil, Britain, the Eastern European block, USA, the CONCACAF countries = bigger than cricket.

Cricket is played by more people in Scotland than Football is. FACT

681391[/snapback]

I'm not entirely sure about that BerwickMad... more people play cricket than rugby in Scotland but I wouldn't have thought more than football.

If it wasn't for David Beckham getting to lift the world cup, I wouldn't mind England winning in Germany next year... just to get it up some of the narrow minded Scots in this country. :)

If it wasn't for David Beckham getting to lift the world cup, I wouldn't mind England winning in Germany next year... just to get it up some of the narrow minded Scots in this country.  :)

683117[/snapback]

I start most World Cups wanting England to win - having seen the players in the premiership etc - until commentators start bragging and talking about 1966..

I start most World Cups wanting England to win - having seen the players in the premiership etc - until commentators start bragging and talking about 1966..

683482[/snapback]

I was like that in Euro 2004... but Clive Tyldsley's commentary quickly changed my mind. I remember before the quarter finals, Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 saying how the Czechs looked like a good team and he wasn't sure he fancied playing them in the final (honestly!).

The thing is, Scotland is like that too (possibly not quite as bad)... we just don't notice it.

Guest MichaelCollins
I was like that in Euro 2004... but Clive Tyldsley's commentary quickly changed my mind. I remember before the quarter finals, Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 saying how the Czechs looked like a good team and he wasn't sure he fancied playing them in the final (honestly!).

The thing is, Scotland is like that too (possibly not quite as bad)... we just don't notice it.

683938[/snapback]

Scottish media is the anti-English, so self defeatist! Have some pride in your bloody national team for gods sake!

:blink:  :o  :unsure:  :lol:  :thumsup2  :thumsup2

Aye jealousy right, keep taking the pills BM, I think B&G is needing to get a grip off you ;)

684697[/snapback]

:lol: He was out the night before the post, on my birthday, helping me get pished :ph34r:

Oh look? Its pisshead Freddie, did you see him on the bus, eye's almost shut , blootered, then just as it arrived in travulgar square the bus swayed violently, inverdale shouts "my god that was almost a disaster" ,what do you mean disaster, that would have been hilarious, almost as funny as one of Beckhams penalties!

Oh look? Its pisshead Freddie, did you see him on the bus, eye's almost shut , blootered, then just as it arrived in travulgar square the bus swayed violently, inverdale shouts "my god that was almost a disaster" ,what do you mean disaster, that would have been hilarious, almost as funny as one of Beckhams penalties!

685441[/snapback]

Youve lost me there

685441[/snapback]

Wishing almost certain death on people homo, you really are a grade A w**ker.

On the subject of penaltys, I seem to remember a great one at wembley around 9 years ago :rolleyes:

Ya fanny :lol:

Have you sorted BM out yet :D

He obviously has too much time on his hands to put together these ranting incoherent posts, give him a slap, he's old enough now :lol:

689363[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

Coming to work on a monday morning never seems so bad when I know I have his Saturday night/Sunday morning drunken rant to read :lol:

Archived