Livi v East Fife

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AMC13 said:

The Airdrie fans can get so far to f**k. Pumped silly all season and still mouth it off in the Livi threads :lol:

Both clubs have taken a leap of faith this season by running with a full-time set up. I can't, for the life of me, see how this sustainable on average home attendances of around 800. It's a massive gamble but Livingston look like they have got away with it if they gain promotion. It looks like they should do it with the depth of squad and quality of players they have. But at what cost? They have been in Administration before. A massive risk. I'm much more comfortable with the way East Fife are being run at the moment... 

Both clubs have taken a leap of faith this season by running with a full-time set up. I can't, for the life of me, see how this sustainable on average home attendances of around 800. It's a massive gamble but Livingston look like they have got away with it if they gain promotion. It looks like they should do it with the depth of squad and quality of players they have. But at what cost? They have been in Administration before. A massive risk. I'm much more comfortable with the way East Fife are being run at the moment... 

Even with all this anti-football we're apparently playing Angus???

Andylivi1

Apologies to you my friend. You are right, football teams have some neds but most real fans turn up week after week and defend their teams to th hilt. Absolutely nothing wrong with that as it makes football the great game it is.

I genuinely believe your team will win the league but I don't expect my team to assist you. That's football.

Cheers

1 hour ago, WhoAmI said:

Andylivi1

Apologies to you my friend. You are right, football teams have some neds but most real fans turn up week after week and defend their teams to th hilt. Absolutely nothing wrong with that as it makes football the great game it is.

I genuinely believe your team will win the league but I don't expect my team to assist you. That's football.

Cheers

Not even if it benefits both of us? If East Fife beat Alloa next week they'll have done us a favour too.:thumsup2

9 hours ago, WullieBroonIsGod said:

We've struggled to take much from Queens Park too, thats going back a couple of seasons.

For us, regardless of how we've done against Livi this season, an away trip to the league leaders is our toughest fixture in the final quarter of the season.  To take 3 points is an outstanding result.  Very much looking to target a play off spot now, and given our position in the league in late October, it's a huge achievement for all at the club.

For Livi, they are still in the driving seat in terms of winning the league, and I hope we do you a favour next week when we take on Alloa at Bayview.  If you guys could return the favour and beat Alloa/Airdrie/Brechin, we'd appreciate it

So far  Airdrie and Brechin haven't been a problem for us this season, and Alloa were fortunate to get a draw in our last game, so there's a good chance of us doing you a favour by beating all 3 of them. I'd have been happy with a draw against you yesterday and it looked like ending that way until you nicked it, but a draw against Alloa next week would do me too, or an East Fife win, i'm easy either way

4 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Yep we're screwed if we don't get promoted, the Championship got a huge increase in money when they made changes to the SPFL structure, and it would be a disaster to our current board if we didn't get back there. I'd love it if we could operate like Alloa, Dumbarton, East Fife etc, but our set up in our big stadium doesn't allow us to.

Just now, WhoAmI said:

Hey Liviforever,

I meant we won't roll over in games between us. Of course I want my team to win every game starting with this week against Alloa.

Yeah nobody would expect you to, I have to laugh at some Livi fans who think East Fife have no right to beat us, apparently Livi are too good to be beaten by other teams in League One. They really need a reality check.

^^^ Irony found!!!

Haha I do find you funny KK you're a good laugh and its people like you the reason I hope EF do well.

ETA Airdrie just aren't on our level.

Hey Liviforever,
I meant we won't roll over in games between us. Of course I want my team to win every game starting with this week against Alloa.

East Fife have bitched us about this season mate. Well done.

Not all of us are arrogant, that is the problem with our support, they think we are bigger than we are, so when we lose the manager gets it in the neck, the team are pish etc etc, put it simply we are now on par with a team like Dumbarton, who are doing exceptionally well, I'd take what they have been doing every year that's for sure, we are a top half league 1 side and bottom half championship side, simple as that. 

Until we get a home crowd of 1000-1200 which is a long way off, then we will be nothing more than that. 

I wouldn't say I'm arrogant Andy I would say I'm realistic we are a top 4 Scottish Premiership side. The 2001-02 season would prove this.

Just now, east fife for life said:

Wtf have you been smoking? Can I have some please?

Lol, I don't think AMC is being serious.

1 hour ago, AMC13 said:

I wouldn't say I'm arrogant Andy I would say I'm realistic we are a top 4 Scottish Premiership side. The 2001-02 season would prove this.

You're being too modest, we are quite clearly too good for Scottish football and should move down South to play in the English Premiership.

Archived