Champions Elect vs the Greenock Galacticos

Lee Kilday a doubt for tonight. Means we'll probably line up as:

Gaston

Doyle O'Ware Lamie Russell

Forbes Lindsay Murdoch Nesbitt

Oliver

Shankland

Hoping Duffy drops Shankland and we put Nesbitt in front of Oliver with Tidser coming in as another CM. Doubt it'll happen though. Having Shankland in the team seems to suit the tactic at the moment of just humping it up the park for him to get nowhere near the ball.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Radger face turn begins.

Tickets have sold well for this one apparently. If you'd told me a year ago we might be looking at a 15,000 crowd for Morton at home in our third year in the Championship, I'd have laughed in your face.

That's how crucial winning that Scottish Cup was. Anyone who wanted promotion more last season was kidding themselves. If we were playing Ross County tonight in the top flight without having won that cup we'd probably be scraping 10,000.

Anyway, that's enough hypothetical crowdwanking from me. Can see it being a draw tonight, which to be honest is good enough given Saturday's win.

Things have actually worked out pretty well, all things considered. We're in a far better place now despite being in The Championship for the third consecutive year than we have been since probably the Yogi Hughes season.

Relegation was the kick up the arse we needed imo, although I certainly didn't see it like that at the time:lol:. God knows where we would be under Butcher had we managed to stay up.

God knows where we would be under Butcher had we managed to stay up.

Badge:
ad846ac8ebbd3b5dd08c8342fc7a4f07.jpg

Kit:
6b61cfb9900a3a9dc74bc223065eb906.jpg

Starting XI:
5708408c9ac043dd2f474e6dbbef6e10.jpg

Changing room:
c2a47a9c54959d48cd7f47b492d29560.jpg

Scottish Cup Final 2016:
9-0 Rangers with Terry Butcher opting to be on the commentary team instead of in the Hibs dugout.

Just now, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Thought there would've been a bit more than that. How many did you bring midweek last season?

I wasn't there but it would've been a similar amount I'd imagine. Didn't go last year as I thought we'd get humped and couldn't be arsed getting through to Edinburgh at rush hour for it. Checked my phone after 7s to find out we were 3-0 up, so heading along this time. Don't expect anything other than a comfortable Hibs victory but would be happy leaving with a point. 

I think if we'd won on Saturday we would take a bigger crowd through. Given we only took 360odd to Falkirk on a Saturday 2 weeks ago I don't think there'll be many of us there.

2 minutes ago, LondonHibsFan said:

Shame, would've thought it might be more like 500. Although our prices hardly encourage away fans.

Aye, Edinburgh is also a b*****d to get to from Greenock for a 7.45 kick-off. Buses and cars will hit rush hour traffic at Glasgow all the way to Edinburgh :thumbsdown

Fearing the worst for this tonight unfortunately. Hibs should be flying after Saturday's result and the fact the title's in sight, I can't see past a relatively comfortable win for them. 

That being said, I certainly didn't expect us to turn them over 3-0 last season, so who knows. I'd be happy with a point (which Dunfermline, Ayr & Dumbarton have managed) but anything obtained is a bonus. Getting 3 points on Saturday is more important in our quest for second.    

I'd go with - 

Gaston

Doyle    O'Ware   Lamie   Russell

Forbes Lindsay Murdoch Nesbitt 

Tidser

Oliver

That's assuming Kilday isn't fit, if he is then I wouldn't be averse to Lamie & Russell on the left with Nesbitt playing centrally, but I'd like Tidser playing in this. 

Can't see many travelling through (don't particularly blame them) but hopefully those that do get given a better performance than Saturday. If we're not up for it, we'll get horsed. 

Hibs 3-1 Morton.

Archived