• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. Although Lyndsey did have a bit of a nightmare. Seaweed might well be her favourite ingredient but she'd have been better picking fish or scallops given they were in her dish. If you're going to pick a simple ingredient then you have to do several different flavours and textures, like Sahlia did with her cauliflower. Still, Giovanna, Alison and Steve look to be the main contenders at the moment. If they survive the mad challenges and team tasks they could well be the final three. 

Had a marathon catch up session so am now up to date. Great challenge at Holby City, good that there was immunity there and at the fishmonger place. Sahlia is annoying me more and more each week, either through being a bossy cow in the tent, her hysteria after cooking, being a one-trick pony ("today I'm making a trio of Indian___") but probably also because she reminds me of my annoying sister-in-law. Think it was a step too far for Brodie so that was fair enough tonight too. Looking forward to next week. I take it they'll knock one or two out before the final final? Quite why they have quarter finals that aren't then semi-finals that aren't o don't quite understand. 

When it got to the final ten, I believe, I picked out Steve, Faye and Giovanna as my top three.

Faye had a bad round in the team task and was rightly sent home, albeit she had performed really well up until then. Agree with the milf shout as well...

I'm sticking with Steve and Giovanna, and I think Lorna has come onto a good game in recent weeks (fish meltdown aside).

Saliha deserves a severe boot to the pie. Alison is an absolute wid.

He was so positive about everything they did. The judging was a bit pointless again though - praising the flavour combinations when it was designed by another chef seems a bit odd - and it was all down to the Masterchef kitchen again.

Spoiler

A shame for Lorna but if you're not doing much cooking at this stage everything needs to he spot on and hers wasn't. 

He was so positive about everything they did. The judging was a bit pointless again though - praising the flavour combinations when it was designed by another chef seems a bit odd - and it was all down to the Masterchef kitchen again. A shame for Lorna but if you're not doing much cooking at this stage everything needs to he spot on and hers wasn't. 

Was there an episode on last night?? My virgin box hasn't recorded one and there was nothing on the planner for it!

I've noticed the same, and it appears it was on last night, except for BBC One Scotland (That's being shown tonight at 9pm).

Although, it now appears I now know who gets papped out!

I've noticed the same, and it appears it was on last night, except for BBC One Scotland (That's being shown tonight at 9pm).

Although, it now appears I now know who gets papped out!

Same....baws!

Sorry chaps, should have spoilered it. :( I think my series link is set up through BBC One England since in the past the winner had been announced in the press and on breakfast TV having not been on in Scotland. I never even thought to check it was on up here. :thumbsdown

I was at his restaurant in Padstow. It was excellent, pricey but it was worth the money one of the best meals I've had in this country. He has been on the Great British Menu and a few cookery shows and always seems a genuinely nice guy. I can't understand why the chefs would be anything other than supportive or nice to the contestants as these bits of the programme are basically an advertisement for their restaurant.

There's a clear difference in attitude between those who let the amateurs cook in their kitchen and chef judges like Tom Kitchin in this series. Which I think is fair enough really: judging the contestants' own dishes is an entirely different situation than having a few earnest jobbers reproducing your own recipes for a busy lunch service. 

f**k was lorna thinking? Was no debate to be had about who went out there.....arranging some salad bits was never gonna compete with the others. Torrode is desperate to get in about Allison.....rightly so

I had the old Spitting Image song "I've never met a nice South African" in my head at the time so missed who they actually were. Recognised the two chefs and Graeme Smith. A bit worried that Saliha is going to curry her way through to the final three. Which is a shame as I like the other three and would have no problem seeing any of them win. I'd make Steve slight favourite at the moment though. 

Archived