Foran or Hartley?

Its between these 2 to be next Scottish manager to be sacked or resign so, what do you peeps think?

Hartley: Was under pressure before but turned it around but at the moment their in free fall, no wins in 7, including a hammering against Aberdeen.  Probably lost the dressing room and certainly lost the fans, going by the threads on here.

Foran: 1 win in 22, poor tactics, blaming everyone but himself, 100% lost the dressing room, fans AND the board of directors and are also in free fall with relegation imminent.  Plus he was already under scrutiny this week with many ramblings of him getting sacked by end of last week, I fully believe he will be gone by time we play County.

So for me, I think Richie will be next gone, I can see Dundee sticking with PH until end of the season.

We will stick with Paul Hartley. And we will join you in the Championship.

If it's a question of who's a better manager, then it's unquestionably Hartley. He's a very good manager that's had an absolutely horrendous season. To be honest, I'd trust him next season if I thought we'd be safe. We aren't gonna be though. He's made that much of a c**t of this season that he doesn't deserve to take us into next season but more importantly - can't keep us up this season.

Is he better than Foran? Unquestionably. Will Foran go before Hartley? Probably. Would I swap the two? No comment.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Foran had no experience and no budget. Relegation was pretty much expected.
Hartley is experienced and has a decent budget. Fucking minging, and I'm not talking about his hair.

At the start of the season did the ICT board expect relegation and if so where did they say so?

At the start of the season did the ICT board expect relegation and if so where did they say so?

When the appointed Foran - they probably felt they didn't need to actually say the words out loud.

They've both been absolutely fucking shite. However in terms of budget/expectation versus league position, Hartley has obviously been a bigger clusterfuck of a manager this season. Indeed if Caley find any sort of form at all, we'll be relegated straight off the bat, so bereft is the Dundee side of confidence. 

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

When the appointed Foran - they probably felt they didn't need to actually say the words out loud.

Probably because they didn't expect it to go all completely wrong.

They've both been absolutely fucking shite. However in terms of budget/expectation versus league position, Hartley has obviously been a bigger clusterfuck of a manager this season. Indeed if Caley find any sort of form at all, we'll be relegated straight off the bat, so bereft is the Dundee side of confidence. 

Agreed.

Probably because they didn't expect it to go all completely wrong.

And sorry. It was a gamble on Foran but these gambles sometimes work out and I'm sure they didn't expect relegation. Just a bit grumpy [emoji35]

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

And sorry. It was a gamble on Foran but these gambles sometimes work out and I'm sure they didn't expect relegation. Just a bit grumpy emoji35.png

Not surprised, its been a roller coaster season for the Dundee fans. You had a decent well balanced side with some good players that were good to watch. Something different this season, nothing to do with losing two goalscorers last summer, I don't know if the other teams have sussed Dundee out and Hartley has no fresh ideas to counter? Same with County, both clubs shouldn't be this far down in points.

With us, I believe the board thought that they might be able to cut costs for a couple of seasons while maintaining Premiership status because we have the quality players to do so. What was not taken into account was the sizable injury list carried on from last season and the fact that some players were either past their best or not suited to the new style of play or tactics. Its been a shambles and one that the likes of Dundee and Motherwell will be thankful for.

Archived