Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

The BBC have been spouting some amount of pish today. Reporting Scotland describing the local election results as a "blue unionist advance". What's the logic there considering it was at the expense of other unionists? At least pretend to be neutral FFS.

9 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

With this on top of my post above, I'm beginning to wonder if it's real life.

3 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Could just be fantasy 

Caught in a SNP landslide.

queen.jpg.c2a76f92ddf5ea47a9bc40fbd7a442a2.jpg

The BBC have been spouting some amount of pish today. Reporting Scotland describing the local election results as a "blue unionist advance". What's the logic there considering it was at the expense of other unionists? At least pretend to be neutral FFS.

They also showed one graph on Scotland on news at 10.. no, it wasn't the graph that showed an overall trouncing of all parties by the SNP; it was the gain loss graph. Thus torys were first with a higher seat gain. No mentions of totals. Utter bias by the BBC yet again.
If you knew nothing about today and just watched 5 mins of that news you would have come away thinking that the torys had won election in Scotland. Disgusting bbc

Overall, a very impressive showing from the SNP.

No doubt some small disappointments and it's never good to see the Tories overtake you in a couple of areas Perth Kinross/Aberdeenshire.

After 10 years in government, the SNP vote is as solid as ever.

This was ''WE SAID NO SURRENDER TO THE SNP'' moment for the hardcore, and the SNP machine battled through to win very convincingly again.

150 odd seats is a whopping win, no doubt about it.

Edited by Kejan

Apologies if it's already been mentioned but aren't the BBC mistaken in their reporting of the numbers?  Almost fraudulently so?

They're showing that the SNP have fallen from 438 seats in 2012 to 431 now (their well-trumpeted 'loss of 7 seats') but wiki shows that SNP only won 425 seats in 2012, so the 431 seats won this year is a rise of 6 seats.

10 minutes ago, The DA said:

Apologies if it's already been mentioned but aren't the BBC mistaken in their reporting of the numbers?  Almost fraudulently so?

They're showing that the SNP have fallen from 438 seats in 2012 to 431 now (their well-trumpeted 'loss of 7 seats') but wiki shows that SNP only won 425 seats in 2012, so the 431 seats won this year is a rise of 6 seats.

You are spot on.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/chinese-arithmetic/

33 minutes ago, Fide said:

Cheers, Fide.  Another site to help me while away the hours. :)  The comment by peekay, 'And that is numberwang!', had me doubled up.

I wondered whether there had maybe been some by-elections since 2012 and that the SNP numbers had increased to 438 seats by the end of April.  But, nope.  Just incompetence, or worse, on the part of the BBC.

ETA: I've just noticed that BBC are saying

Boundary changes have occurred in many councils in Scotland. Seat change is based on notional 2012 results, which estimate what the results would have been then if the new boundaries had been in place.

So, basically, the BBC can make the results fit any agenda they want.

Edited by The DA
Deeper political investigation... and spelling

Hopefully that's the last time they let Diane Abbot do the graphics

45 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hopefully that's the last time they let Diane Abbot do the graphics

I saw that.

'We only lost 50 seats.'

'You've lost 125 seats.'

'Well the last time I looked, it was 100.' :1eye

I see that the SNP's margin of victory over the second party was just the 5 (five) times as much as in the last local election.

We didn't half tell Davidson's no surrender party that we say "Yes" to a second independence referendum.