BBC Scottish Leaders Debate (21/05/17, 19:30)

Big Fifer

1 minute ago, Loondave1 said:
5 minutes ago, sparky88 said:
Should our leaders be as thin skinned as this?

Naw.If i have to go to a foodbank does it mean i have to delete all photos of better times and desist avacado purchasing? Its just another version of he says he's poor but he's got a big telly and a satellite dish.Bollocks basically.

But the premise is that she had to go to a food bank DESPITE having a job as a nurse.

Have you now since realised that your made up story doesn't illustrate the point very, in fact at all, well?

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Sorry. Don't agree.

People can't turn round and say 50+ MPs at WM is irrelevant then in the next breath attack the SNP on devolved matters and not say anything about the WM govt.

Rape Clause
Bedroom Tax
School Meals
Pensions
Elderly Care
Inheritance Tax
National Debt
Trident
Selling arms to countries who bomb countries we send foreign aid to
Tory bigotry

Why are these not discussed ? Why were the WM govt not held to account ? Why are the Labour led and Tory influenced BBC Scotland obsessed with SNPBAD and IndyRef ?

Yeah man those should have been discussed, but they weren't. What was discussed was other stuff that people will also consider when voting, devolved matters or not. It's all very well people getting defensive because it's critical of the snp, but it's good to be critical. Some of their policies are questionable and they should he attacked on these till they improve. 

1 minute ago, McSpreader said:

It doesn't matter what you think. Haven't you realised that yet, poor wee lamb!

I'm sure it's not only me that thinks that you weren't able to explain, or show the homophobic content of Cerberus's post.

So could you?

A continual reluctance to do so can only mean that you can't.

Surely you are firm enough in your assertion that you'd like to take this opportunity to clarify?

3 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

And your proof of this "bullshit" is ? Im hoping she's not daft enough to go on telly and say what she said and not realise enraged Nats would be crawling over her social media?

My proof is that a nurse' salary is enough to keep them away from foodbanks up here unless they have unrelated issues that have caused that need.

My proof is that a nurse' salary is enough to keep them away from foodbanks up here unless they have unrelated issues that have caused that need.

Maybe she did have " unrelated issues" but if she had to go to the foodbank that's not really a lie now is it ? The only actual "lie" so far in the whole farce is that she is married to a Tory councillor.

3 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Maybe she did have " unrelated issues" but if she had to go to the foodbank that's not really a lie now is it ? The only actual "lie" so far in the whole farce is that she is married to a Tory councillor.

Yes, it's a big fat lie when you're blaming someone else when it's your personal situation that's caused it.

Yeah man those should have been discussed, but they weren't. What was discussed was other stuff that people will also consider when voting, devolved matters or not. It's all very well people getting defensive because it's critical of the snp, but it's good to be critical. Some of their policies are questionable and they should he attacked on these till they improve. 

But its a UK election. So shouldnt the question not be turned to Davidson to justify why would an even worse health and education system down south under Tory rule perform better in Scotland ? She got away with murder tonight and why the f**k is Murdo Fraser given air time ? Seriously why is he on BBC radio and tv after losing 8 elections. ?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

2 hours ago, Shades75 said:

But to address the issue, if someone, who is single with no kids, earns £22,000, then it's very much above minimum wage and the living wage.

It would have to be a very bad set of circumstances that have caused that person to need a food bank.  Circumstances that it would be very difficult to blame on the government - either WM, or Holyrood.

I find that quite insulting to people in genuine poverty tbh.

There are "Many Complex Reasons" why nurses use food banks.

Just watched on catch up.

The BBC going to the press Room (or whatever it's called) really gets on my tits - what's the point in having a debate if they're just going to let party members spin party shite at the end - it totally dilutes what's just been discussed (or shouty-frowny-faced if it's Ruth)

I actually thought Nic and Kezia had done quite well tonight until Jackie Bird informed me that it had all been about the nurse ! The lass is on more money in Scotland than she would if she were working in the rUK ! And then the BeeB point out it was mostly devolved isues but that was what folk had been asking  ... well fucking inform them then BBC.

The ITV folk better get their shit together.

And another thing ....

On 19/05/2017 at 14:47, Ned Nederlander said:

Chances of Kez saying 'devisive' in her opening address ?

Chances of Kez saying 'devisive' in her closing address ?

Chances of Willie Rennie saying he'd fix devolved education ?

Chances of Ruth getting shouty ?

Chances of cringe-inducing audience question/outburst ?

Chances of questions from Tory Councillors in the audience ?

Chances of Nic whipping out a Tory campaign leaflet ?

Not to bad, Kez didn't deliver a 'devisive' but Ruth and Willie did.

The jury is out on the 'councillor' prediction ... certainly a large dose of I smell shite about her claims.

Archived