BBC Scottish Leaders Debate (21/05/17, 19:30)

Big Fifer

17 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

But foodbanks are being caused by Tory austerity... not sure what the problem is here

That's the SNP line anyway, though sturgeon doesn't seem to like getting a taste of her own medicine.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Kejan said:

hqdefault.jpg

Nicola, we're all aware of your leniant stance on crime, but suppose for a second that your house was ransacked by thugs, your family was tied up in the basement with socks in their mouths, you try to open the door but there's too much blood on the knob....

Joanna cherry getting cut off in the middle of tearing in to the Tories so Jackie could go live to...some journalists.

I thought ruth was poor. Having to defend awful policy will do that to you, she is just mays puppet.

She was scowling most of the time, the friendly tory persona has gone.

Rennie is pointless, Sturgeon was good, harvie was excellent and coburn was...well he was coburn.

4 minutes ago, JMDP said:

What do you think of the awful Tory record on education in England, proposed cutting of school meals and the fact that budgets have been shredded so badly that head teachers are debating cutting the school week by 10%?

I don't think I've heard Theresa may being asked about Scotland falling down the PISA league tables.

3 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

That's the SNP line anyway, though sturgeon doesn't seem to like getting a taste of her own medicine.

Surely the extra £1000 Scottish nurses get compared to English ones would be enough for a few decent meals in 1* restaurants without the need to trouble a food bank? 

1 minute ago, sparky88 said:

I don't think I've heard Theresa may being asked about Scotland falling down the PISA league tables.

How often have you heard Ruth Davidson being asked about the issues JDMP raised?  Being that she is a Tory, and that her party is in government and that this is a GE, would you say that she should be asked more about Tory U.K. policy and the manifesto than devolved issues and indyref2?

Another appalling leaders debate from the BBC. They continuously get away with this at every election and nothing gets done about it.

Apart from Tory plants in the audience that just happens to get most air time, they can't find time to discuss actual Westminster policies on austerity, national debt, vile rape clause, Trident, pension cuts,hard Tory Brexit. Instead we go for  devolved issues like NHS and education.

Don't anyone tell me this isn't deliberate bias 

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Surely the extra £1000 Scottish nurses get compared to English ones would be enough for a few decent meals in 1* restaurants without the need to trouble a food bank? 

I see that now the SNPs policies are being accused of sending people to foodbanks, the personal situation of those people becomes more important than any cut the SNP might have made.

15 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Apparently she was on Question Time and works for Bupa.

Plant!

Is she the daughter of the wheel chair Tory candidate for Airdrie/Shotts at the last GE as he claimed the same story then on QT? I have watched many election debates on TV and I always thought it was the job of the debate to consider the work of the outgoing Government and to allow the Opposition parties to present alternatives but so much tonight was re-visiting last years Holyrood election and "devolved" matters. This election was called over Brexit and removing the role of opposition from annoying Theresa May and yet she hardly featured in the questions taken by the BBC. As for Kezia I can understand her angry demeanour as wee Tank Commander, Ruth,  has stolen most of her remaining voters. Coburn did say when he was at school he could parse Latin and as one who has a higher Latin from the mid sixties,, I share his pain.When I first voted in 1970 the Tory candidate was a William Rennie and I now know why I don't have much time for the current Willie Rennie. Liked Patrick Harvie for trying to say this was a Westminster GE.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Social media jumping from rumour to daft conclusion re BUPA in seconds, and regarding them as facts.

Does working for BUPA necessarily mean that you think public healthcare is bad anyway? Seems like quite an illogical conclusion. 

That was just awful tonight.

BBC: We're going to do a Scottish version of the General Election debate.

Editor: Ok, how are we going to work it ?

BBC: Let's have 6 people shouting at and over each other on devolved issues

Editor: Um, ok

BBC: And make sure you invite a Tory councillor or one of their relatives

Archived