The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

5 minutes ago, ninja82 said:

Heard Carson is away.

That’s a worry since he has been rock solid. 

We must be due a fee: 

“St Mirren Football Club is delighted to confirm that Trevor Carson has signed a one-year extension to his current contract which keeps him tied to the club until summer 2025.”

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/4847-trevor-carson-agrees-contract-extension

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

That’s a worry since he has been rock solid. 

We must be due a fee: 

“St Mirren Football Club is delighted to confirm that Trevor Carson has signed a one-year extension to his current contract which keeps him tied to the club until summer 2025.”

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/4847-trevor-carson-agrees-contract-extension

Fell out with management.

44 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Sorry for your loss and my condolences.  

Perhaps you are not familiar with the forum but it’s a common joke on here. “Pics or else.”
Frank pumped some Miss Worlds in his prime so it’s quite a claim for you to say that your girlfriend was out of his league. He was a top shagger by all accounts.

You should read my book "Horses and other things I'm hung like" :)

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

I hope it’s not that dud who was touted the other day on Twitter. We’ve been lucky in recent years to have had quality in Hladky Jak Alnwick and then Carson. 

All I’ve heard is he’s a good player.

2 hours ago, ninja82 said:

All I’ve heard is he’s a good player.

If it's Zach Hemming whose name was mentioned on here the other day then he's not.

He's a poor goalie and a genuine worry if we're going into the season with him as our number 1. A good keeper can be the difference between a good and a terrible season and he's a clear downgrade on Carson. 

If there is an issue there between Carson and management, then hopefully it's something that can be hashed out and resolved. 

6 hours ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

I notice that we signed this guy a year ago for £0 from Western Sydney Wanderers.

You mean when he wasn't under contract, unlike now, when he was under contract.

This isn't a "we shouldn't complain about 'bigger' clubs taking players from us, because we take from 'smaller' teams" situation. It's a "that seems a relatively low value for a player that is still under contract" situation.

I don't mind Baccus moving on, I'd prefer to see another season with him, but if it's not to be, then it's not to be. His stock is probably as high as it'll be for a while, so it's no surprise his agent will have been hocking them around, that's just the way it works, but we need to maximise profit and to me this doesn't look like we've played hardball in any way.

I see a couple, including Div, say that we were in a weak position because he only had a year left. I'm sorry, I don't get that. We sign almost all our players on 1 or 2 year deals. Almost every player we have will be in the same position as Baccus.

Ultimately, if the value is as reported (and it doesn't look like it, but it's not going to be far off going by all the comments) then it's about the same as the money for a position in the league. If it meant he left for nothing at the end of this season, I'd take that if it worked out better for us financially dependent on league position.

6 hours ago, ninja82 said:

Heard Carson is away.

6 hours ago, ninja82 said:

We’re getting a good goalie on loan.👍

That is both very disappointing, as well as a little surprising.

What is the point of getting a "good goalie" on loan, when we have a "good goalie" already under contract.

In summary, I'm really not enjoying this window at all. We are losing all the players we want to keep and no players are joining us, and of those who left but might return the worry is we've been selling players just to afford a bigger wage packet for Dunne (if he is actually staying, now). I'm not ITK, and I'm in general a "happy clapper" fan, rather than a "knicker wetter", and I trust Robinson because he's shown he's a capable manager, but there has been no positives for me during this window, not a single one, yet there have been numerous negative ones.

I don't believe for one minute Robinson would swap Carson for Hemming. The latter is utter trash, complete and utter trash, and there is no way Robinson can't see what we all can see.

So, even with the "I can't believe this nonsense..." caveat, if we sign Hemming then we will be in the relegation places this season. He is simply not capable of being a Premiership level keeper.