The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

34 minutes ago, Mac28 said:

Grieve, CBM and Flynn were all to be assessed yesterday for fitness after their injuries. McMenamin been sick all week another player possibly out

Conor has been dropped recently anyway.

CBM provides more when he plays and I think Greive has more goals in him than Conor. (Maybe not in future but who knows)

21 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I was asked a question today that I did not know the answer to. Assume someone on here will know.

What is our record home attendance for a game not involving either of the Old Firm?

In my watching lifetime, I'd guess it was the Scottish Cup tie against Utd in 1977 (ca.20k?), but I assume we'll have had a bigger crowd way back in the day? 

I was at that game. I remember it being absolutely packed. I was certainly lifted over the turnstile as I’m sure many others were.

Attendance was officially recorded as 16,357 but I’m sure there must have been way more in the ground. 

IIRC a young saints fan suffered a fractured skull from a can hitting him on the head. 

Incredible to think that will be 47 years ago next month. Incredible to think we are still alive! 😂 

IMG_5706.thumb.jpeg.fa248d1a137b41019920da4113634811.jpeg

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

I was at that game. I remember it being absolutely packed. I was certainly lifted over the turnstile as I’m sure many others were.

Attendance was officially recorded as 16,357 but I’m sure there must have been way more in the ground. 

IIRC a young saints fan suffered a fractured skull from a can hitting him on the head. 

Incredible to think that will be 47 years ago next month. Incredible to think we are still alive! 😂 

IMG_5706.thumb.jpeg.fa248d1a137b41019920da4113634811.jpeg

To suggest there was only 16k in there that day is ridiculous! 🤣🤣 Made up figure no doubt so we could pay less to Utd and the taxman 🤣.

That was before the redevelopment of the East terracing so the capacity of the ground then must’ve still been about 40k. The place was packed. 

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

To suggest there was only 16k in there that day is ridiculous! 🤣🤣 Made up figure no doubt so we could pay less to Utd and the taxman 🤣.

That was before the redevelopment of the East terracing so the capacity of the ground then must’ve still been about 40k. The place was packed. 

18 minutes ago, Molotov said:

We invariably have good and bad spells in a season. It’s nothing new and we just need to support the team and the manager throughout this period. 

Was always

Going to happen apart from Livingston we are the worst team in the league right now.

Mark O'Hara is desperately needing dropped for his own good. The fact that some supporters even cheered his substitution shows the place we are in at the moment. Everyone is getting fed up with the tepid displays, and there was grumblings about O'Hara from the moment he hit his first misplaced pass. I know he has a lot of credit in the bank from last season but the time has come for him to sit out a couple of weeks. I'm not for a moment claiming CBM is better but our lack of presence in midfield is killing us. I prefer Gogic in defence but we need to shake it up and moving him forward should at least be considered.

Frustration is growing in general. There was a moment in the second half where Tanser had a proper go at Fraser for a slack pass too, and at that point it is difficult to ignore. It's all getting a bit predictable. Olyusanya will run and run then lose the ball and foul someone, Grieve will run and lose the ball and foul someone, we will bring on Mandron and he will do nothing.

What I would do to get Curtis Main back in this side, and sign a couple of centre midfielders – don't ask me who though, I've no idea.

4 hours ago, Munoz said:

Well the stats say differently. 

I dont care what the stats say . What does the stats say when a team has 80%possession and the other team scores 2 goals and wins .that can't be right they had 80% possession so even though they get beat there the better team .

Did all your World Cup stars get sold for £5million each as predicted and I’ve missed it. Couldn’t believe it when I saw Kilmarnock above prime Barcelona when I looked at the table earlier.

Spoiler

I’ve got absolutely no doubt this will come back to bite me on Wednesday night if you hammer us so this is my early “I’m not bothered by the result” get out comment.

1 hour ago, NathanDrake88 said:

You’re beyond thick 

I your right .the one who is thick is you if you  seriously think we aren't the worst team in the league outside of Livingston right now .I bet you think we will beat Killie on Wednesday. 

Edited by elvis